September 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: September 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:24 pm Could we see the first frost in parts of the northern plains/upper mid-west this week. There is a chance though it would be a light frost and probably only in a few locations but love this time of year as we head towards winter
That would be way too early for my liking bro but for those who do, the more the merrier. :thumbupright:

I could wait until Oct for a light frost here in the Lower OV. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:29 pm
tpweather wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:24 pm Could we see the first frost in parts of the northern plains/upper mid-west this week. There is a chance though it would be a light frost and probably only in a few locations but love this time of year as we head towards winter
That would be way too early for my liking bro but for those who do, the more the merrier. :thumbupright:

I could wait until Oct for a light frost here in the Lower OV. :)

We typically don't see our first until mid to late October.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

80 here today, CVG 79.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 81, DAY 80 and CMH 79 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! Some patchy morning fog but otherwise a sunny day with temps in the low to mid 80s ahead of our cold front for tomorrow. A 50 / 50 chance tomorrow afternoon and evening for the area then a nice taste of fall moves in.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The above may not be working so try the FB link:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Good morning, I was supposed to go to New York this past weekend to look for a wedding dress for my son's fiance, but the weather had other plans. Our flight got cancelled on Friday. All flights to the coast anywhere near NY got cancelled due to severe weather so we couldn't get there. It looks like they had severe weather all weekend.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Angelika wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:29 am Good morning, I was supposed to go to New York this past weekend to look for a wedding dress for my son's fiance, but the weather had other plans. Our flight got cancelled on Friday. All flights to the coast anywhere near NY got cancelled due to severe weather so we couldn't get there. It looks like they had severe weather all weekend.
Even the football games yesterday where rainy from the region. It rained the entire game in Foxboro, MA.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:59 am
Angelika wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:29 am Good morning, I was supposed to go to New York this past weekend to look for a wedding dress for my son's fiance, but the weather had other plans. Our flight got cancelled on Friday. All flights to the coast anywhere near NY got cancelled due to severe weather so we couldn't get there. It looks like they had severe weather all weekend.
Even the football games yesterday where rainy from the region. It rained the entire game in Foxboro, MA.
It also rained yesterday in Cleveland which also fit the mood of the Bengals and their fans for the 1st game of the regular season. Both Cincy's defense and offense were asleep at the wheel. **SMH**
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 77 here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 80. :sunny:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Despite the snafu, Congrats to you, your son, and his fiance, Angelika! :)

I've been to NYC a few times back in the 1980s and went to the World Trade Center, Liberty Island, Wall Street, Wintergarden Theater and saw "Cats", Macy's, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and had a picnic at Battery Park e.g. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Low 80s this afternoon with dews in the 50s... Right where we should be as we approach mid Sept.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

84 here today, CVG topped out at 84 as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG 84, DAY 83 and CMH 81 for today.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Seeing some light liquid gold falling from the sky. Just a ground wetter but it is better then a zero! First measurable rain since 8/24! 0.01" so I am on the board. :lol: CVG is at 0.06" and Boone Co mesonet is at 0.01"
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Updated totals:

Me - 0.05"
CVG - 0.07"
Boone Co Mesonet - 0.10"
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A steady light rain continues here. It won't be a lot but it will at least settle the dust down for a few days. :lol: I am thankful! :) Per radar, it'll stick around until lunch then begin to taper off. We will have an isolated shot this evening then call it a day for this system. Then fall resumes lol Next decent system is next Sunday. We don't know if it'll be just a normal frontal passage with minimal rain chances or does a low track along the front at the right time to beef up the chances? That is our next forecast challenge. Any chances before that, look very slim. Then that brings us to the last 10 days of Sept which I think will feature a warming trend back into the 80s. Then fall roars in sometime during the first 10 days of October. That is my current thinking.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

Light rain here. Haven’t checked my rain gauge.
I’m sure I’ll have to squint to see the amount..
Seeing frost advisory’s in Minnesota
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:18 am A steady light rain continues here. It won't be a lot but it will at least settle the dust down for a few days. :lol: I am thankful! :) Per radar, it'll stick around until lunch then begin to taper off. We will have an isolated shot this evening then call it a day for this system. Then fall resumes lol Next decent system is next Sunday. We don't know if it'll be just a normal frontal passage with minimal rain chances or does a low track along the front at the right time to beef up the chances? That is our next forecast challenge. Any chances before that, look very slim. Then that brings us to the last 10 days of Sept which I think will feature a warming trend back into the 80s. Then fall roars in sometime during the first 10 days of October. That is my current thinking.
Praying for a dry Fri 9/22 as that's the day my folks and I get our furniture e.g. moved in to our catalpa-style house in south Greenville. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mjr wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:19 am Light rain here. Haven’t checked my rain gauge.
I’m sure I’ll have to squint to see the amount..
Seeing frost advisory’s in Minnesota
If the long term guidance is correct, we may see a portion of our CWA getting some patchy frost sometime during the 1st 10 days of October. The UP of Michigan has had some frost already also. The changing of the seasons has begun! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:32 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:18 am A steady light rain continues here. It won't be a lot but it will at least settle the dust down for a few days. :lol: I am thankful! :) Per radar, it'll stick around until lunch then begin to taper off. We will have an isolated shot this evening then call it a day for this system. Then fall resumes lol Next decent system is next Sunday. We don't know if it'll be just a normal frontal passage with minimal rain chances or does a low track along the front at the right time to beef up the chances? That is our next forecast challenge. Any chances before that, look very slim. Then that brings us to the last 10 days of Sept which I think will feature a warming trend back into the 80s. Then fall roars in sometime during the first 10 days of October. That is my current thinking.
Praying for a dry Fri 9/22 as that's the day my folks and I get our furniture e.g. moved in to our catalpa-style house in south Greenville. :)
A chance of showers due to a warm frontal passage but overall looking mild in the 80s at this time at least temp wise.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:34 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:32 am
A chance of showers due to a warm frontal passage but overall looking mild in the 80s at this time at least temp wise.
Hopefully a small chance of showers, Bro, in that case. :) The two very nice guys that we've hired will be starting the process at around 7:30 AM. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG - 0.12"
Boone Co mesonet - 0.15"
Me - 0.10"
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page