Lawn & Garden Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Lawn & Garden Thread

Post by tron777 »

Harper, Colton, and Cooper helped me with Uncle Les's 2024 Gardening Update Video:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:54 pm Harper, Colton, and Cooper helped me with Uncle Les's 2024 Gardening Update Video:

Sweet kiddos! 8-)

Hey Les, how are they when it comes to a lettuce or spinach-based salad e.g.? :) I know some kids turn their noses up when it comes to salads. :lol:

I'm not one for tomatoes, non-fried onions, squash, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, olives, turnips, collards, kale, cucumbers e.g., I have a strange palate in that way. :lol: ;) Its a thing with texture of certain foods, too. :lol:

Asparagus to me, smells like someone "broke wind". :lol:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:33 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:54 pm Harper, Colton, and Cooper helped me with Uncle Les's 2024 Gardening Update Video:
Sweet kiddos! 8-)

Hey Les, how are they when it comes to a lettuce or spinach-based salad e.g.? :) I know some kids turn their noses up when it comes to salads. :lol:

I'm not one for tomatoes, non-fried onions, squash, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, olives, turnips, collards, kale, cucumbers e.g., I have a strange palate in that way. :lol: ;) Its a thing with texture of certain foods, too. :lol:

I don't know if they have ever had salad before. Harper and Cooper love tomatoes though. Colton is way more picker of an eater then they are.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:27 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:33 pm
Sweet kiddos! 8-)

I don't know if they have ever had salad before. Harper and Cooper love tomatoes though. Colton is way more picker of an eater then they are.
I have a second cousin in Anderson, IN on my Dad's side of the family who is also picky. My folks, sister, and I resided in southeast NY state about 1 1/2 hours from NYC for 2 1/2 years in the 1980s and we had this cousin and his wife for a visit as they headed home from a skiing trip in VT. My cousin Jerry has a comical wit and he. his wife Jeannine, and myself had our backs toward a fireplace at our table during a dinner at a fancy restaurant. Some mixed vegetables came as part of my cousin's entree and he grabbed the bowl of mixed veggies and gestured pretending to start to toss it into the fireplace. :lol:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

lol, awesome Les. Very entertaining few minutes. See you have your hands full trying to keep up with all that energy
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:41 am lol, awesome Les. Very entertaining few minutes. See you have your hands full trying to keep up with all that energy
LOL no doubt! The funny thing is.... we used to be their age and we used to have that kind of energy too! :lol: Wow! Where did the time go?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'll be picking a handful of wax beans that are just about ready this week. Bush beans won't be far behind...

EDIT: I'll be picking them tomorrow for supper. Maybe a few bush beans too! The KY White Half runners should be coming in probably in another week to two weeks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page