Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:55 pm I'm holding off on the booster for now . With all the new variants , I'd like to see more data on what how the current booster handles the new variants.
My folks and I are holding off on the booster, too.

Those strong Covid vaccines many got last spring, including my folks and I, should last for a year against Covid strains, like a seasonal influenza one does for up to a year. Its beyond insane anymore this Covid and variants 'football'.

Covid vaccines have become another big time Byedone / Harris Draconianism of near continuous arm jabbing.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/coro ... Z3FGBDWMY/

Well, the 1st case of Omicron has now been reported in the USA via San Francisco.

An individual returned home from South Africa on Nov 22nd and then tested positive on Nov 29th. Said person, who has been fully vaccinated, is self-quarantining and their family members have tested negative.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.wdtn.com/community/health/c ... onvention/

A 2nd Omicron case reported, this time from Hennepin Co Minnesota (Twin Cities region). Said gentleman had been at a convention in NYC around Thanksgiving weekend.

3rd case reported, this time in Colorado, from a woman who had been to southern Africa. She has been vaccinated and is self-quarantining at home with mild symptoms.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm sure it was already here long before the official reports. IMO COVID is never going to go away. It's going to be like the flu. People get a flu vaccine once a year right? So we'll probably need a COVID vaccine once a year as well. In the future, I would love to see it all combined into a one and done shot, but we're probably many many years away from that.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/ohio-de ... 3BDY4REJY/

First 2 cases of Omicron have now been reported in Ohio, 2 adult men in the central part of the state and both had received an initial Covid-19 vaccine series. Both are currently experiencing mild symptoms and have not been hospitalized.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

All that we've had with our local Wayne Health Care hospital is just a run-around today!! :x :steamingears: :(
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Dad had a successful monoclonal antibody infusion treatment yesterday at our local hospital. :)

Please keep him, my mom, and myself in your prayers as he has a bad cough and I've developed one, too. He started feeling bad on Mon evening and yesterday I felt some bad but gradually since this morning I've developed a cough, also. I've also been checking my temperature at intervals and the last one I had about 3 hours ago read 99.4. I plan to take a Tylenol later this evening. So far our symptoms are thankfully mild.

I will be getting tested Mon.

We have some 95 brand masks and are thankful for those.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Mom and I tested this morning and at 1:45 this afternoon my Family Health here in Greenville confirming that I do have Covid. 🙁 I started feeling the effects on Christmas Eve. The Lord is good and He will get us through this. 🙏🙏👍Tomorrow I am hoping to get a monoclonal antibody treatment infusion at Family Health. :thumbupright:

Thankfully Mom has tested negative and does not have any Covid symptoms. 👍
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Prayers Bro for a speedy recovery!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:15 pm Prayers Bro for a speedy recovery!
Thank you very much, Les! :thumbupright:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Eric , you're doing all right things and I'm sure everyone will be fine in no time. Wishing you all a speedy recovery
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:23 pm Mom and I tested this morning and at 1:45 this afternoon my Family Health here in Greenville confirming that I do have Covid. 🙁 I started feeling the effects on Christmas Eve. The Lord is good and He will get us through this. 🙏🙏👍Tomorrow I am hoping to get a monoclonal antibody treatment infusion at Family Health. :thumbupright:

Thankfully Mom has tested negative and does not have any Covid symptoms. 👍
Wow, sorry to hear bro! Praying for a quick and successful recovery!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thank you very much, Bgoney and Mike! :thumbupright:

Mom, dad, and I all take some Emergen-C before bedtime.

Thankfully mom is still showing no signs of Covid.

Because I have stage 3 kidney disease I'll be getting a monoclonal antibody infusion treatment tomorrow (Wed) at 8:30 at Family Health.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:24 pm
Because I have stage 3 kidney disease I'll be getting a monoclonal antibody infusion treatment tomorrow (Wed) at 8:30 at Family Health.
When my wife was diagnosed with COVID a couple months back, she did the same and it worked wonders for her. Symptoms were much milder than they would have been and she recovered very quickly.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:07 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:24 pm
When my wife was diagnosed with COVID a couple months back, she did the same and it worked wonders for her. Symptoms were much milder than they would have been and she recovered very quickly.
That's the same way that dad has felt, too, after his infusion. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

This morning I had a successful monoclonal antibody infusion and haven't had any adverse side effects. :)

An injection in both arms and also one at both sides of my stomach.

Mom is still Covid-free, PTL!! :)
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

CDC continues to throw darts at at C-19 while stepping back from the target
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 pm This morning I had a successful monoclonal antibody infusion and haven't had any adverse side effects. :)

An injection in both arms and also one at both sides of my stomach.

Mom is still Covid-free, PTL!! :)
Glad to hear, bro! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thankfully, I am still having no side effects from the injections. :)

Dad got a letter from the county health dept yesterday saying his quarantine is until Sun Jan 2nd.

Mom has developed more of a cough since last night. :( Prayerfully it isn't Covid-related, but she may call in the morning to try to set up a time for her to get tested. She has had some chills today, but no fever.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

What is wrong with the Biden administration? Canceling monoclonal treatments when everyone knows they work . ? Why we do have to pretend for the loony liberals? Everyone knows that ivermectin works , yet we have to pretend it doesn't. Other countries have been using it for years , no not for horses, for people. Yet we pretend. We are "the united states of pharmaceuticals"
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:04 am What is wrong with the Biden administration? Canceling monoclonal treatments when everyone knows they work . ? Why we do have to pretend for the loony liberals? Everyone knows that ivermectin works , yet we have to pretend it doesn't. Other countries have been using it for years , no not for horses, for people. Yet we pretend. We are "the united states of pharmaceuticals"
I don't know understand that administration either.

My dad received a Regeneron infusion last week that has really helped him in his recovery. And then I received some monoclonal injections Wed which are gradually helping me.

I would love to see Gov Ron DeSantis i.e. soundly defeat Joe and Kamala in 2024!! :twisted: :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Mom has a bad cough. :( Its been so bad that she wasn't able to get any sleep last night. :( She has also had some fever and so she got tested for a 2nd time this week, today, and it was negative, again. Understandably she is very frustrated in not knowing what kind of virus she has.

Neither she or dad can Nyquil or Dayquil because they have BP issues. About the only med they can have is Coricidin.

Her abdominal region is sore, too, from all the hacking. :(
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Thankfully, mom had a better night last night and was able to get a few hours of much needed sleep. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Sadly, after 3 testings over a period of days, mom tested positive for Covid this morning. :( She feels sicker and seems to have more congestion in her sinuses. :(

She'll be having 4 injections of monoclonal antibody at 8:10 tomorrow (Tues) morning at our local Family Health where I had mine last week.

Its too bad this bloomin' virus has to run its course through families at times. :(
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I also have 2 cousins here in the Miami Valley who have Covid. One named David, his wife Dwanna, and some of their grandkids have it and one named Duane. :( David and Duane are bros.