Rocktober 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Rocktober 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 53, DAY 52 and CMH 50 today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
airwolf76
EF1 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

have to admit though this fall has been a real delight as far as temps and sun but man has it been bone dry out there. looking ahead i dont see much hope for rain either. my guess is at some point in Nov we go back to more rain cycles . mother nature will always have a way to balance the checkbook
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and it's a chilly one out there as we expected. 36 as of 4am at CVG. I have 34 currently here. Temps should drop a bit more prior to the sun coming up. Look for dry conditions the rest of the week, this weekend, and on into next week as well. Today is the last day with highs in the 50s. The 60s Thurs, Maybe 70 Friday, and in the 70s for Sat and really throughout a good chunk of next week. Lows will be in the upper 20s to low 30s for the area tonight, and in the 30s for Fri morning also. We will warm back into the 40s over the weekend and probably getting back towards 50 next week.

Our next front isn't due in here until we get towards the end of next week. We also may see a stronger system near months end too producing heavier rain, t-storms and maybe a bit of snow on the backside. Locations and timing TBD since it is very far out and in the GFS Fantasy Range for sure. So in short, boring weather for the next 7-10 days. Then we may have something more interesting to keep an eye on around here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Let's see how low we can go. CVG is now down to 34 as of the 5am reading. HAO 33, ILN 37 and LUK 36.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

6am temps

IMG_2447.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It looks like that NW wind is going to limit temps from completely bottoming out. That should occur tonight though with optimal cooling conditions in place.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning Les and I can see some outlying areas getting into the upper 20's this morning. This is a nice cold shot and for us locally maybe a tad early for frost but folks in Northern Georgia,Alabama and South Carolina are expecting frost tonight and that is quite early for them. I guess besides the quick cold shot is the ongoing dry weather for the next 7-10 days. Yes Mother Nature will balance things out in her own time but hopefully when that happens we don't get to much of a good thing all at once.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:15 am It looks like that NW wind is going to limit temps from completely bottoming out. That should occur tonight though with optimal cooling conditions in place.
Yea, another hour to go but I wouldn’t consider this a killing freeze for most plants. We’ll see how tomorrow morning goes
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:24 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:15 am It looks like that NW wind is going to limit temps from completely bottoming out. That should occur tonight though with optimal cooling conditions in place.
Yea, another hour to go but I wouldn’t consider this a killing freeze for most plants. We’ll see how tomorrow morning goes
I agree and yes some lower valleys probably dipped into the upper 20's but for most low 30's seems about the lowest temp you will see. Tonight conditions are optimal like you mentioned and again most folks in the low 30's but those valleys especially in eastern Kentucky can really get low and would not be surprised to see some mid 20's early Thursday morning.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:37 am
I agree and yes some lower valleys probably dipped into the upper 20's but for most low 30's seems about the lowest temp you will see. Tonight conditions are optimal like you mentioned and again most folks in the low 30's but those valleys especially in eastern Kentucky can really get low and would not be surprised to see some mid 20's early Thursday morning.
Good morning guys and I agree. This morning shouldn't damage most plants. Tomorrow morning could though. I could see even CVG getting down to 32 or below. We will have the clear skies in place. As long as winds are calm it should be money in the bank. The 1032 MB high is centered west of us right now but it should be over the OV later tonight / tomorrow morning so as long as that happens, temps should bottom out rather nicely. By Thurs afternoon, WAA will be slowly kicking back in as the high moves off to the East.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:53 am
tpweather wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:37 am
Good morning guys and I agree. This morning shouldn't damage most plants. Tomorrow morning could though. I could see even CVG getting down to 32 or below. We will have the clear skies in place. As long as winds are calm it should be money in the bank. The 1032 MB high is centered west of us right now but it should be over the OV later tonight / tomorrow morning so as long as that happens, temps should bottom out rather nicely. By Thurs afternoon, WAA will be slowly kicking back in as the high moves off to the East.
Les I agree about Thursday morning and with 2 days of temps near or below 32 the plants could have some problems. Looking out west and you see those upper 20's in eastern Iowa so CVG getting below 32 Thursday morning seems rather easy.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

7am temps

IMG_2448.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

A nice frost in the big fields out this way
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I had some on my car when I left for work but it was too dark to see if there was any on the grass or not. My guess is probably no. That should change come tomorrow morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

33 officially at CVG this morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:54 am I had some on my car when I left for work but it was too dark to see if there was any on the grass or not. My guess is probably no. That should change come tomorrow morning.
Les a very heavy frost this morning and a tad more than I expected. Not sure it was a killer frost but more than I expected.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Looks like CVG got down to 33 this morning for the low
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:10 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:54 am I had some on my car when I left for work but it was too dark to see if there was any on the grass or not. My guess is probably no. That should change come tomorrow morning.
Les a very heavy frost this morning and a tad more than I expected. Not sure it was a killer frost but more than I expected.
Cool, thanks Tim! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

First post in sometime. Light frost on the rooftops and cars here this morning. don't see any on the grass, Heading out in a little bit so I won't be surprised if I see some on the grass.