September 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: September 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

You can see the outer band weakening on radar now as we feared. :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS offers a ray of hope for some light rain next Wed as the next tropical low actually tracks right over us. First model run that keeps the system intact long enough to help. I am still going dry for next week at this distance. Would need to see more model runs and also additional support.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

87 at CVG today, 85 here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 87 and both DAY / CMH 88 today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

ILN Drought update

IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2229.jpeg
IMG_2228.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

EU Ensembles 5 day temp average to finish the month . Canada experiencing the largest anomaly . Locally (cvg) , our mid month highs are below 80 and lows upper 50s and losing a degree on both ends about every 2/3 days

IMG_2160.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! The above images in Bgoney's great post tells the story. Look for warm and mostly dry conditions for the next 7-10 days at least. Highs in the 80s lows in the 60s will be the rule. An outside chance that we could see some light rain on Wed of next week from a tropical system that is currently off the Carolina Coast. Most models show this system staying East of the Mountains but there is a little bit of guidance that gets the remnant low into KY. We'll see but I am going dry at this time and staying with the drought trends.

I think most of Sept is shot. However, in the extended range, there are some signals showing up that we may start seeing a patter chance to cooler and more active weather for October. This is several weeks away and I am not putting much stock into it yet. I will be keeping an eye on it though. For now the next 2 weeks is whatcha see is whatcha get IMO.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:27 am EU Ensembles 5 day temp average to finish the month . Canada experiencing the largest anomaly . Locally (cvg) , our mid month highs are below 80 and lows upper 50s and losing a degree on both ends about every 2/3 days

IMG_2160.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpegIMG_2233.jpeg
Might as well be a Dec-Feb 2024-25 temperature map. The way things have been going I won't be surprised if it happens. :fireface: :banghead:
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Sure is warm today at the boys football games. Getting tired of this heat.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

dce wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:07 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:27 am EU Ensembles 5 day temp average to finish the month . Canada experiencing the largest anomaly . Locally (cvg) , our mid month highs are below 80 and lows upper 50s and losing a degree on both ends about every 2/3 days

IMG_2160.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpegIMG_2233.jpeg
Might as well be a Dec-Feb 2024-25 temperature map. The way things have been going I won't be surprised if it happens. :fireface: :banghead:

The days and nights are wonderful for backyard activities and get’r done chores, but a complete disaster for the agriculture/ arbor culture world. More counties will be added to the disaster designation in the coming weeks, especially along and south of 71
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Quite depressing the drought.

Prayerfully as Les mentioned earlier a pattern flip for the better come October.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG got to 90 and both DAY / CMH 89'ed today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I got 89'ed today! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:29 pm CVG got to 90 and both DAY / CMH 89'ed today.
90s just won’t quit
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:22 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:29 pm CVG got to 90 and both DAY / CMH 89'ed today.
90s just won’t quit
I expect another one today or an 89 at the very least. Towards the end of Sept, a cooler signal and maybe some rain is showing up. Still looking bleak until then.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG is at 89 as of 4pm so we'll see if we can get a sneaky 90 in there for today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Still 89 as of 5pm so we may have fallen short of 90 today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG, DAY and CMH all 89'ed today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

here in Pa it hasn't been all that much above average so far this month. most days have been seasonal to +5 . however it has been on the dry side so far this month but nothing severe. my 7 day is looking seasonal with a a slight chance of rain this week
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and half way through the month an we are above normal on temps finally. About 1/2 degree but this week that will no doubt go upwards. So far the month has played out like we thought with the first 10 days below normal and it looks like the middle ten will no doubt be above normal. How far above will be determined by the tropical system off the Carolina's and how much cloud cover it can throw this way. Then what happens the last ten days will determine the overall temps this month. If the tropics remain active near the mainland USA then my prediction of getting one or two cold fronts through the area will be tough. Still believe one such front around the 22nd of 23rd and another near the 29th or so but again as usual in September the tropics though still behind on numbers predicted it can slow down the pattern. Of course the dryness continues and not seeing anything but maybe a shower Wednesday but not everyone will get in on that action and even so it won't make much difference.

Folks heading to Brown County,Indiana in a few hours to play golf with the boys and will be back Thursday evening. Once I get back its time to start gearing up for the next 5 months which I love and time to start digging into a load of information to see how the winter may and I say may play out.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Tim... have a great time and good luck golfing! Weather looks good for you although a bit warm in the afternoons for my liking. With regards to your thoughts of two fronts, I am on board for the later (29th timeframe) That front currently looks to be strong enough to perhaps bring some rain and cooler temps to the area. Until then, I expect dry weather for most of us. Slight chance on Wed for our extreme Eastern counties but the rest of us should remain dry from that tropical system. Ridging and drought are just too much right now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Bad thing is no one in the OV drought is going to get widespread meaningful qpf. Ohio was never in the game but even most of West Virginia won’t see much alleviation , as the deeper moisture from the piece of junk tropical system struggles to get past the mountains

IMG_2237.jpeg
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:04 am Bad thing is no one in the OV drought is going to get widespread meaningful qpf. Ohio was never in the game but even most of West Virginia won’t see much alleviation , as the deeper moisture from the piece of junk tropical system struggles to get past the mountains
Yep. Same ole song and dance. Another 7-10 days of above normal temps and dryness on the way. It's like a broken record. I have pretty much written off this month accept for some potential very late in the month or early October. until then, the pattern is zzzzzzzz.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

As long as +WPO stays in charge , and looks like it will for the most part through the end of the month and beginning of October, I don’t see significant changes in our region. The Great Lakes/Canadian high pressure should still be the result from a +WPO. A few days of nearer to normal late this month but then right back up to above. With only lackluster amounts of qpf. The only thing as usual that could help in the rain department is a tropical miracle
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:16 am As long as +WPO stays in charge , and looks like it will for the most part through the end of the month and beginning of October, I don’t see significant changes in our region. The Great Lakes/Canadian high pressure should still be the result from a +WPO. A few days of nearer to normal late this month but then right back up to above. With only lackluster amounts of qpf. The only thing as usual that could help in the rain department is a tropical miracle
Ensemble guidance is showing the tropics getting more active for the next month or so. However, (and we all know this) it is too early to know if we will be impacted by any of these systems. It is a good sign though seeing more potential development down the road. I hate having to depend on the tropics for help as much as the next guy, but it's all we've got currently. The stubborn +WPO is working in conjunction with the very -PDO. You're right. Until we see some changes in the Pacific we won't see much change around here locally.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page