August 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: August 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:42 am When referring to pattern getting active by mid month, are models showing anything like from Aug 16th onward? Just wondering because the Great Darke Co Fair e.g. will be Fri the 16th to Sat the 24th. ;)
It depends on where the frontal boundary will be located. On some runs, it is over the OV so we are active. On other runs, it is just to our SW so we are cooler and drier.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:50 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:42 am When referring to pattern getting active by mid month, are models showing anything like from Aug 16th onward? Just wondering because the Great Darke Co Fair e.g. will be Fri the 16th to Sat the 24th. ;)
It depends on where the frontal boundary will be located. On some runs, it is over the OV so we are active. On other runs, it is just to our SW so we are cooler and drier.
Thank you Bro. :)
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Here is my zone forecast from the boys.... boooorrrriiiinnnggggg! :lol:

This Afternoon
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday
Mostly sunny. Humid with highs around 90. North winds around 5 mph.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Muggy. Lows around 70. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s.

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s.

Sunday
Mostly sunny in the morning, then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s.

Sunday Night

Monday
Mostly sunny. Highs around 80.

Monday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 60.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:04 pm Here is my zone forecast from the boys.... boooorrrriiiinnnggggg! :lol:

This Afternoon
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thursday
Mostly sunny. Humid with highs around 90. North winds around 5 mph.

Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Muggy. Lows around 70. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Friday Night

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s.

Sunday
Mostly sunny in the morning, then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s.

Sunday Night

Monday
Mostly sunny. Highs around 80.

Monday Night
Mostly clear. Lows around 60.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Les not only boring but they may miss the high temperature today
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

85 as of 2pm at CVG so they got it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:49 pm 85 as of 2pm at CVG so they got it.
Up to 86 so if we get to 87 that is considered a miss lol.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:02 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:49 pm 85 as of 2pm at CVG so they got it.
Up to 86 so if we get to 87 that is considered a miss lol.
LOL! 86 so far from what I can tell. Dropped back down to 84 as of the 4pm reading. I hit 88 IMBY. We'll see once the 5pm climate report comes out if they hit a sneaky 87 or not at the Airport.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

You got 'em dead to rights, Tim! 87 at CVG per the 5pm climate report. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

With the N wind, it's not a bad evening to get the grill fired up. Doing a baked potato and some green beans along with a t-bone steak . Should all be done around 6:30. Yum!!! Having a few cold beers of course as well!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG got to 87, DAY 82 and CMH 83 today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! I'd like to start out by wishing Charles (airwolf76) a very happy birthday today! Hope you are able to get some trout fishing in! :birthdaymulticolor: :birthday: :balloons: :cake:

Locally for our weather, U80s today, perhaps a sneaky 90 at CVG otherwise, the mid 80s tomorrow. Then by the weekend, we still have highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s to enjoy with very low humidity! Early next week, we are back into the 80 to 85 degree range with the humidity still not getting too far out of hand. We are still waiting to hone in on more widespread rain chances. TBD....
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:14 pm With the N wind, it's not a bad evening to get the grill fired up. Doing a baked potato and some green beans along with a t-bone steak . Should all be done around 6:30. Yum!!! Having a few cold beers of course as well!
Good Morning Les and last night turned out wonderful with a nice breeze. We were over a friends house for dinner and ate outside and it felt nice. We had a nice filet,salmon,baked vegetables and homemade cheese cake. Btw a few beers as well.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Happy Birthday Charles. Hope you have a wonderful day!!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:52 pm You got 'em dead to rights, Tim! 87 at CVG per the 5pm climate report. :lol:
It was funny and just messing with them. My guess we hit 87 for 20 seconds lol. Can't wait for the drier and cooler air plus getting this in mid-August is just a bonus
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:58 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:14 pm With the N wind, it's not a bad evening to get the grill fired up. Doing a baked potato and some green beans along with a t-bone steak . Should all be done around 6:30. Yum!!! Having a few cold beers of course as well!
Good Morning Les and last night turned out wonderful with a nice breeze. We were over a friends house for dinner and ate outside and it felt nice. We had a nice filet,salmon,baked vegetables and homemade cheese cake. Btw a few beers as well.
Nice! I like salmon too or any kind of fish / sea food for the most part. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:00 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:52 pm You got 'em dead to rights, Tim! 87 at CVG per the 5pm climate report. :lol:
It was funny and just messing with them. My guess we hit 87 for 20 seconds lol. Can't wait for the drier and cooler air plus getting this in mid-August is just a bonus
No doubt Tim! If we aren't going to get rain, I'll take the cooler temps and drier air mass. That absolutely beats being hazy, hot, and humid.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 48TH BIRTHDAY CHARLES!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :)

Enjoy your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Cloud blow off from Debby may keep our temps down a bit today. I'm not going to complain. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and yes the dew points rose again today and it feels nasty. Got lucky last night as the dew points fell and we had a breeze. When is the next 90 degree day happening and at the moment nothing in the long term shows any 90 degree days. Are we done with them and the answer I doubt it very much. What the models are leaning to especially the gfs which can go overboard on precip shows us back to the northwest flow we had in place for much the second half of July and this would once again lead to some possible MCS's. Usually but not always this time of year we are not seeing the MCS train locally but usually going along the northern border of the country.

Over the past several years and yes lots of back and forth and how the climate has changed but its always changed but we do not have enough info to say this has never happened in the past. The only thing I have noticed and really 2 items and just talking locally and that is overnight lows in the late spring and summer are higher than say the past 20-30 years and it seems once we get into a pattern they tend to last longer than normal. Why and that is a billion dollar question and I wish I knew the answer.

I would love to a show on TV with some of the brightest folks on both sides of the climate talk and hear what they believe is happening. I would love to see this without arguing but just present your case and then we can sit down and work through some of the stuff that does not make sense. Yes both sides have a bias but at least let us hear the ideals.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 87, DAY 86 and CMH 89'ed today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good evening all! We can thank Debby for the mugginess today. However, her clouds kept temps down into the mid 80s versus U80s to bear 90 which is what I expected. So some good news there I guess. It's a decent trade off. :lol: Once the dry front passes tomorrow, Debby gets shoved off to the NE and cooler, drier air from Canada invades our region. It will stick around for several days too. A gorgeous weekend on into early next week time period is upcoming so hope all can get out and enjoy it! We need the rain certainly, but I can't complain about the upcoming temps at all.

In the extended range, I am still going with NW flow and some possible MCS action as we approach mid month and beyond. However, the tropics may have a say in that since they are also waking up. We shall see and adjust the forecast as necessary once we get closer.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! I have re-upped by Accuwx Pro subscription so we have model text data for another year whenever we need it. ;) If you ever need the data for rain, snow, 850 MB temps, 500 MB thicknesses, etc for any location or airport code near you, let me know and I'll provide the data for as close as I can get to your location.

Dews are down into the mid 60s now at CVG with a stiff NW wind. Low 80s expected today. The 50s the next several nights and the 70s this weekend! Around 80 Monday with the low to mid 80s expected for most of the next work week. Lows will warm back into the lower 60s so the dewpoints don't look to get out of hand for the next week or so.

Our next chance at rain for the region might be Monday of next week. Euro shows very little with the GFS much more pronounced. Euro is dry out to Day 10 after that while the GFS shows a low pressure system moving thru towards the end of next week. Models are not in good agreement as you can see so we'll have to wait and see. Monday of next week doesn't look that good to me so hoping we can get something cooking towards the end of next week is my current thinking.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Test post...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:08 amTest post...
After 21,000 posts? :lol:
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor