August 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: August 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:41 pm Ha, there was a nice little line moving into Western Ham Co. and just like that it fizzled out with just some sprinkles. Not much hope for the activity NE of Indianapolis that's moving south in that rotation ever getting to SW OH. I guess I'll have to wait till the middle of next week and that may be an IF! :(
Most of next week looks dry if the tropical system tracks as far East as the current guidance is indicating.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Weathermanbryan
Rain Shower

Post by Weathermanbryan »

Les, we had some storms develop along the lake breeze early this afternoon. Got a good burst of rain but Now the lake boundary pushed inland and most of the storms now and south of I-80. It will be interesting to see if anything fires up along the lake later with the approaching low and cold front
Bryan
Cleveland Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Weathermanbryan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:56 pm Les, we had some storms develop along the lake breeze early this afternoon. Got a good burst of rain but Now the lake boundary pushed inland and most of the storms now and south of I-80. It will be interesting to see if anything fires up along the lake later with the approaching low and cold front
Hey Buddy! I was near your hood last weekend. Got our 3 man limit of walleye both days. Launched out of the Black River / Lorain.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

0.32" at CVG now as of 5pm.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Weathermanbryan
Rain Shower

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:06 pm
Weathermanbryan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:56 pm Les, we had some storms develop along the lake breeze early this afternoon. Got a good burst of rain but Now the lake boundary pushed inland and most of the storms now and south of I-80. It will be interesting to see if anything fires up along the lake later with the approaching low and cold front
Hey Buddy! I was near your hood last weekend. Got our 3 man limit of walleye both days. Launched out of the Black River / Lorain.
That's awesome! Just hanging here and trying to dodge these storms. So far the sun is back out and in the 80s here
Bryan
Cleveland Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Weathermanbryan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:12 pm
That's awesome! Just hanging here and trying to dodge these storms. So far the sun is back out and in the 80s here
I hit 82 today, back down to 73 after the rain moved thru.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Weathermanbryan
Rain Shower

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:21 pm
Weathermanbryan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:12 pm
I hit 82 today, back down to 73 after the rain moved thru.
we dropped a little after our brief storms but that lake breeze really did me in and pushed everything south. Kinda hoping for a good thunderstorm that I can enjoy since I am not on call this weekend.
Bryan
Cleveland Ohio
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

1906 UNK 2 WSW Independence Kenton KY 3894 8459 Tree down. (ILN)

1910 UNK Independence Kenton KY 3896 8455 Large tree limb down. (ILN)

2009 UNK 1 WNW Dunlap Elkhart IN 4164 8594 Reports of damage to several homes near the intersection of Ct Rd 111 and Ct Rd 20. (IWX)

2215 UNK 1 WSW Berlien Steuben IN 4163 8489 Significant damage to a barn. (IWX)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 80 and both DAY / CMH 84 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

So far today 1.13 inches of rainfall. No doubt I have made up for lost time this week.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Suns back out here. We might get one more batch here soon Tim from the NW if it doesn't crap out on us.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:52 pm Suns back out here. We might get one more batch here soon Tim from the NW if it doesn't crap out on us.
I see that Les and those were some nice storms this afternoon in my hood
BookNerdCarp
EF0 Tornado

Post by BookNerdCarp »

0.41 IMBY
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Tonight's Redlegs game was one that should have probably been washed out! :roll: **SMH**
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! The rain chances are about done for the most part now for the next week and change. We should stay in the 80s today due to clouds. 90 tomorrow. Low 90s Mon and Tues then the low and mid 80s thereafter with much more tolerable conditions. The humidity will drop by the second half of next week also.

I have to take my Mom to her Sisters in St. Louis today. So I'll be back later tomorrow. Then next weekend, I have to go back and pick her up. Keep an eye on the forum please and keep the weather discussion going as well. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:00 am Good morning all! The rain chances are about done for the most part now for the next week and change. We should stay in the 80s today due to clouds. 90 tomorrow. Low 90s Mon and Tues then the low and mid 80s thereafter with much more tolerable conditions. The humidity will drop by the second half of next week also.

I have to take my Mom to her Sisters in St. Louis today. So I'll be back later tomorrow. Then next weekend, I have to go back and pick her up. Keep an eye on the forum please and keep the weather discussion going as well. :)
Have a great trip Bro and tell your Mom and aunt we said hi! :)

Its progged to be 92 today and 93 tomorrow there! :sunny:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Stopped at a Denny's in western Indiana for lunch.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I have not been to Denny's in years. Juneau,Alaska should have their best week of weather probably this year starting on Sunday with a sunny sky each day and highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's. They have had a very wet late spring and summer which happens often but this season it seems they really have been stuck in the same pattern.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Going to be hot the next several days and then we wait for a front on Wednesday but will that front be stalled because of the tropical system on the east coast. The answer is maybe but in the past models usually have a hard time and especially since this system is still in the strengthening stage. Should get a shot of cooler and drier air late in the week but it may be Friday before we see this happen
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and a lazy summer day. There are some showers especially over central Ohio this afternoon. Locally most will stay dry though its summer and you can get a quick pop up storm. Heat and humidity starting Sunday and lasting until at least Wednesday. That is when a front will dry and move through the Ohio Valley but I am just not sold on that because we could have a traffic jam in the southeast with a tropical system.

What makes this forecast tough is the cool air from Canada with this front is more like early to mid-September and normally this kind of front would make it through with no problems but with the system to the southeast its really a 50/50 shot. The front will move through but does it take until Friday and sometimes once you get that block in the pattern the cool air will only be able to stay cool this far south because its early August.

What about rain fall and again we are talking early August and with some recent rains I could see a pop up storm each day but most will stay dry. These kind of fronts are usually dry for us this time of year but again we have the tropical system and if the track decides to be further west then that can draw up some moisture into the Ohio Valley. If it stays east along the Atlantic Coast then most likely the moisture stays away.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

94 when we got here in St Louis. It's a cooker out there!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG got to 87, DAY 88 and CMH 89'ed today.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and get ready for 3 days of heat and humidity but nothing out of the norm for this time of year. What happens from Wednesday through the weekend is dependent not only on the cold front near us but the tropical system in the southeast. The Euro has it moving off the east coast later this week and this would no doubt give us a nice break from the heat Thursday-Saturday. The gfs on the other hand loops the storm back over South Carolina and though the front probably clears us it does not go very far south so temps a tad warmer. You can even have some moisture reach at least southeast Kentucky if the gfs is correct. So which model is correct and very tough call and one reason is the Bermuda High which has been strong this year but out to sea and that is the case at the moment. The storm must find a path of least resistance and imo that is keeping it near the coast but going rather far north and maybe into the DC area. Hopefully over the next 12-24 hours the models get together and find a common path.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Just a few isolated storms this afternoon and early evening with the best shot north of I-70. This should be the forecast through Wednesday with each day some isolated showers though by Wednesday we may end up with a few more and further south but still isolated. Then we wait to see what Debby decides what she wants to do and then we can adjust the forecast for the later part of the week.