July 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: July 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Just a small chance today and a 40 percent chance tomorrow especially in the morning as a weakening MCS tries to dive in from the NW. Monday is dry. Tues a small chance then on Wednesday the front moves thru offering up the best chance for everyone. Temps should be in the 90s today thru Tues then we're back down into the 80s for a bit after that.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and a normal mid-July day with warm to hot temps and humidity rather high. This should be the case through Wednesday and expect heat advisory for Monday and Tuesday. I was expecting the big heights over the rocky mountains to move in late this week but a strong high in Canada for this time of year is a nice bully especially in mid-July. These types of highs you normally see in late August and September but we will no doubt take this nice period of cooler and less humid air. Does that high well to the west finally move in here the following week and we will see or do we continue to see these nice highs in Canada able to move through our area, Biggest thing missing is rain for everyone and though some folks have got some decent rains in the last week or so we need everyone to get in on the action
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tim... for the next week or two, it looks like the core of the heat stays out West and we will have continued cold frontal attacks / MCS complexes dropping in via NW Flow. Yes, some 90s are going to be around too, it's summer after all but nothing that we can't handle.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:29 am Tim... for the next week or two, it looks like the core of the heat stays out West and we will have continued cold frontal attacks / MCS complexes dropping in via NW Flow. Yes, some 90s are going to be around too, it's summer after all but nothing that we can't handle.
Les you are probably correct as the monsoon season in the southwest may be starting a tad late and until that gets going we may not see the big heights out there move east. The Bermuda Ridge has been trying to get established as well but continue to get flatten with these fronts from Canada. We are lucky this is happening because you get the Bermuda Ridge hooking up with the heights out west and you could get a massive heat wave but at the moment and the near future that is not going to happen
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:01 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:29 am Tim... for the next week or two, it looks like the core of the heat stays out West and we will have continued cold frontal attacks / MCS complexes dropping in via NW Flow. Yes, some 90s are going to be around too, it's summer after all but nothing that we can't handle.
Les you are probably correct as the monsoon season in the southwest may be starting a tad late and until that gets going we may not see the big heights out there move east. The Bermuda Ridge has been trying to get established as well but continue to get flatten with these fronts from Canada. We are lucky this is happening because you get the Bermuda Ridge hooking up with the heights out west and you could get a massive heat wave but at the moment and the near future that is not going to happen
There is a weakness in between the high out West and the Bermuda high over the Eastern Seaboard. We are in the middle ala the storm zone. If those two highs link up, then the big time heat will be on! But for now, as long as there is a weakness, we should be just fine.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

92 / 78 / 108 as of 1pm at CVG yet no heat advisory issued? :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:51 pm 92 / 78 / 108 as of 1pm at CVG yet no heat advisory issued? :lol:
They thought about it but the 3pm temp shows 32 so we had one strong cold front come through
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 1:51 pm 92 / 78 / 108 as of 1pm at CVG yet no heat advisory issued? :lol:
If that’s the case then I expect massive casualties hitting the ER’s since people won’t know that it’s hot out and to stay hydrated . Oh The humanity
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:17 pm
If that’s the case then I expect massive casualties hitting the ER’s since people won’t know that it’s hot out and to stay hydrated . Oh The humanity
That is funny. Almost wore my jacket today. Lucky I have the media so I know what to wear everyday
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Well we know the instruments are having trouble at CVG. Last hour a temp of 32. The dew points are off as well with most folks in the upper 60's to near 70 so the 78 it showed a few hours ago incorrect as well. So yes they did not need to issue a heat advisory but do expect Monday and Tuesday to be under one for sure.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:08 pm
They thought about it but the 3pm temp shows 32 so we had one strong cold front come through
Christmas in July! :santa: :lol:
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:21 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:17 pm
That is funny. Almost wore my jacket today. Lucky I have the media so I know what to wear everyday
LOL! :lol: Almost had to build a fire to keep the house warm.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The dew point at CVG is now 82 with a heat index of 113! :lol: Clearly it is having problems. My dew is 71, much more realistic.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

My son is taking all my rain. Last hour almost 1.5 inches with heavy rain,fog and anything else you want to throw in. My guess is the media will take have CVG on the national news with the melting of the planet
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:04 pm My son is taking all my rain. Last hour almost 1.5 inches with heavy rain,fog and anything else you want to throw in. My guess is the media will take have CVG on the national news with the melting of the planet
Wow! MN and Wisc had such a bad drought last year and now this year, they can't seem to turn the faucet off!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Storms are firing up west of Chicago. That should be the beginnings of the MCS that may impact us tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:10 pm
tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:04 pm My son is taking all my rain. Last hour almost 1.5 inches with heavy rain,fog and anything else you want to throw in. My guess is the media will take have CVG on the national news with the melting of the planet
Wow! MN and Wisc had such a bad drought last year and now this year, they can't seem to turn the faucet off!
No doubt Les and his pond is overflowing and he might need to turn off the pump because the water is getting so high. Mother Nature doing what she always does and that is evening things out over time.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les I would love to see that action around Chicago hit us early in the morning. This may happen as it might get here before it starts to die off. I would take a 1/2 inch and even the birds have gone away because the ground is so dry and the food to far deep for them to get
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:19 pm Les I would love to see that action around Chicago hit us early in the morning. This may happen as it might get here before it starts to die off. I would take a 1/2 inch and even the birds have gone away because the ground is so dry and the food to far deep for them to get
I didn't have to water the crops today from yesterday's rain so that was nice! Will check 'em in the morning before I leave for my Brother's fish fry. Neighbors across the street are currently having a graduation party for their daughter. I had a couple beers and ate some food. Back home for a bit to take a break from the heat! I'll be headed back over soon though. We are going to do a small fireworks show at dark.

Weatherwise... I think the best chance tomorrow morning is north of us. The MCS will be in its decaying phase but it could send out an outflow boundary that may spark additional development later in the day.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

We will take anything Les and here in Independence bone dry. My son has a flash flood warning with this latest thunderstorm.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:26 pm We will take anything Les and here in Independence bone dry. My son has a flash flood warning with this latest thunderstorm.
We can always use more rain here. Lawn is trying to recover but needs more help. I know you've been worse off then me! I got lucky twice this week and probably picked up a half inch or so.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Juneau,Alaska expecting 3-5 inches of rain by Monday Morning and then more heavy rain on Tuesday. They have been very wet even for them and that is what happens when you get the ridge in the western USA but only extends north so far and then you can get storm after storms to hit the Juneau area. Yes they get tons of rain every year but this is not normally the rainy season for them
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Nearly 3 inches in two hours at my son's house. I thought he moved to Northern Wisconsin not Southern Florida.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:07 pm Nearly 3 inches in two hours at my son's house. I thought he moved to Northern Wisconsin not Southern Florida.
Please ask him to share with us lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 91, DAY 89'ed and CMH 92 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH