July 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: July 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Looks like a lot of folks S of I-70 are getting at least a little something and S of town are where the better totals have been. Lot of 0.25" range totals out there which isn't bad. Plenty of action upstream and to the west to keep an eye on as the MCS Train gets started. This pattern will continue over the next several days.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Had to make a quick trip to the appliance store , fridge conked out. Can't get until Thursday so the coolers are full. Got back to find .50" in the gauges, :)
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:17 pm Had to make a quick trip to the appliance store , fridge conked out. Can't get until Thursday so the coolers are full. Got back to find .50" in the gauges, :)
A good news and bad news type of day. Sucks to hear about the fridge. Glad to hear about the rain though. Perfect! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

0.06” here for me so a bit more than sprinkles :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:25 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:17 pm Had to make a quick trip to the appliance store , fridge conked out. Can't get until Thursday so the coolers are full. Got back to find .50" in the gauges, :)
A good news and bad news type of day. Sucks to hear about the fridge. Glad to hear about the rain though. Perfect! :)
We were due for a new fridge so no quarrels there and very appreciative with the rain
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 pm
We were due for a new fridge so no quarrels there and very appreciative with the rain
Bgoney hope all works out well with the coolers. We have a fridge that is 30 years old and won't die but no way am I buying one until it dies. Down in SC bought a fridge from Home Depot and it was a samsung but was having trouble within the 1st year. Finally got a full refund which is great but samsung told us to keep the other fridge which still works but was freezing up. This happen last year when covid was hampering getting new products but they also had no way of picking up the old one. So I got 3 fridges down there and 2 here. Need more beer i guess.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Watching some of the clearing in southwest Ky and southern In today and this should be a place for development later today. So far clouds are thinning but still there but if they become sunny over the next few hours a good chance of some stronger storms to develop.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

cloudy72 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:55 am Just a few harmless sprinkles here as usual lol
Your dome has expanded up into my area. Less than 0.1" so far this week.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Just a few sprinkles. Otherwise a cloudy day in progress.
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Keeping an eye on Tuesdays weather for the Jimmy Buffet concert. Anyone else on here going?? My group rented a party bus for transportation which should be fun :lol:
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:46 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:37 pm
Bgoney hope all works out well with the coolers. We have a fridge that is 30 years old and won't die but no way am I buying one until it dies. Down in SC bought a fridge from Home Depot and it was a samsung but was having trouble within the 1st year. Finally got a full refund which is great but samsung told us to keep the other fridge which still works but was freezing up. This happen last year when covid was hampering getting new products but they also had no way of picking up the old one. So I got 3 fridges down there and 2 here. Need more beer i guess.
30 years , thats when they were still partly making things to last instead of today's making them to throw away. I would be worshiping at the altar of that beast.. And now I know why fridge inventory is tight, you're hoarding them
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Warm front is just to the SW of us now. Nice dew point and instability gradient about to move into the area so we'll see if anything can form and track along this boundary coming in this afternoon. Meso low is moving thru now, a break then more storms are firing over Central ILL. We'll need to keep an eye on those to see if another Meso Low / MCS forms. With the boundary being close by attm, wouldn't surprise me if another round moves in later today. Talking late in the day near or after dark. We'll see what happens.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

73 / 66 at CVG, 74 / 68 here. We're slowly recovering. Clouds should thin more in the next couple of hours after the meso low passes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Looks like I may see a few sprinkles / shower with the "tail" or deform band of rain on the back side of the meso low which brought us the rain earlier today. Then we'll see what the ILL stuff does.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:08 pm Warm front is just to the SW of us now. Nice dew point and instability gradient about to move into the area so we'll see if anything can form and track along this boundary coming in this afternoon. Meso low is moving thru now, a break then more storms are firing over Central ILL. We'll need to keep an eye on those to see if another Meso Low / MCS forms. With the boundary being close by attm, wouldn't surprise me if another round moves in later today. Talking late in the day near or after dark. We'll see what happens.
Nice post Les and this first round really help moisten up the atmosphere and makes it easier to get some decent rainfall later today and Sunday. We are being squeeze between some hot air in the west central plains trying to push in and the Bermuda high trying to strengthen to the southeast. Hopefully this leaves us in a great spot over the next few days.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

snowbo wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:17 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:55 am Just a few harmless sprinkles here as usual lol
Your dome has expanded up into my area. Less than 0.1" so far this week.
Sorry about that! I tried to keep the dome down here to myself, but guess it felt the need to flex its muscles! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Actually getting cautiously optimistic about rain prospects for later tonight into tomorrow. Trying to keep my enthusiasm muted so the dome doesn’t hear! LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:25 pm Actually getting cautiously optimistic about rain prospects for later tonight into tomorrow. Trying to keep my enthusiasm muted so the dome doesn’t hear! LOL
I am feeling good about it... even for your Dome too! :) :o :P 8-) :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Very impressed with what I am seeing to the south and west. I believe the dome should be broken for most folks though the further northeast may be in a spot where its not quite as nice. Most folks should get in the 1-2 inch range overnight imo with some folks getting higher if you get into a training portion of the storms. Severe weather cannot be discounted with some heavy rains and strong winds the most likely severe weather.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Sun is out now, up to 77 here. CAPE now building and we do have 35 knots of effective shear over us right now. DCAPE values, which you want to see over 1000 for damaging winds, is over SW Kentucky so that is not yet a problem for us unless we can destabilize more of course.

Prospects for future rains are looking good right now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Action approaching LOU and central Indy now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So just checking my NWS forecast and other than Wednesday there is at least a 60% chance of rain every time period thru next Saturday.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

HRRR runs every hour but seemingly never catches up to current weather in these setups
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'd say rain is coming my way with some thunder and lightning in the next hour. Madison IN is under a T-Storm warning at this time
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Nothing so far up my way either for today.

Looking forward to as others are for some more liquid gold over the coming days! :thumbupleft: