July 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Hit 88 for sure and not sure if we got higher between 1-2pm. Today is different than Monday when storms would form and sort of sit over the same area. We have a stronger wind today that will push storms from west to east. Usually with this set up if you get a shower or thundershower it does not last very long and amounts are much lighter. Still believe we need to get through probably early Friday morning before all is said and done for showers until late Saturday or Sunday. Most of Friday and Saturday look dry and should be the hottest period of the summer.. Again it sort of feels hotter than usual because we very seldom have had the high temps and high dew points at the same time. Nothing record breaking or even close and don't let the media fool you on their bs.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 / 74 / 97 at CVG as of 2pm. A sticky one for sure. I was only outside for 15 mins at lunch picking some beans for dinner and I was sweating to death! Ugh... Can't wait for this little bout of heat to be over. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

T-storm Watch likely to be issued soon for NE IN, Northern Ohio and SE Lower Mich.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1726.html
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:09 pm 88 / 74 / 97 at CVG as of 2pm. A sticky one for sure. I was only outside for 15 mins at lunch picking some beans for dinner and I was sweating to death! Ugh... Can't wait for this little bout of heat to be over. :lol:
Ha. With this cool summer we've all turned into weather wimps. :roll: :lol:
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:35 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:09 pm 88 / 74 / 97 at CVG as of 2pm. A sticky one for sure. I was only outside for 15 mins at lunch picking some beans for dinner and I was sweating to death! Ugh... Can't wait for this little bout of heat to be over. :lol:
I've never been a fan of the humidity Doug. Dews in the 70s and temps in the high 80s / 90s... no thank you! The low 90s we got earlier in the season wasn't bad at all since dews remained in the 50s. This type of air mass... for me, it is a HARD PASS! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:38 pm
I've never been a fan of the humidity Doug. Dews in the 70s and temps in the high 80s / 90s... no thank you! The low 90s we got earlier in the season wasn't bad at all since dews remained in the 50s. This type of air mass... for me, it is a HARD PASS! :lol:
Same here Les and I have always had a lot of iron in my blood which makes you hotter than most folks. My blood is so thick that I have clogged up their tube when giving blood and it takes me about 45-50 minutes to give blood as it comes out like molasses. Love it in the winter and can shovel snow without a big coat and just put something on my ears and good to go.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Well Tim... as expected those showers are pretty much dying out. Again, maybe someone can see a dampener and that's it. Watching convection in ILL and MO also this afternoon to see what happens there for the overnight hours.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

We hit 90 Les and heat index of 99. Had just enough sun to hit 90. Still a chance to get a shower or thundershower as we get into the hours of 4p-9p.Again no 2-3 hour long thundershower and more like 15-30 minutes at best. Like you mentioned Les we have showers further west and will just need to see how the evening pans out.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

What is left of those sprinkles has finally moved into the Metro. We are absolutely on the same page, Tim! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 90, DAY 92 and CMH 91 today.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

WOW! Just saw where Lower Mich got rocked by severe wx. Very strong winds!! Tons of tree damage, damages to homes, and power outages also. My cousin and family are impacted as they cannot leave their home due to power lines being down over the driveway. Same areas that got hit with the ice storm in the winter, got hit again with big winds 70+ mph gusts! Hillsdale Co where they live has a lot of trees down and damage / powerlines, etc. Jackson Co, Lenawee Co all the way over to Ann Arbor and Detroit.

If that's not bad enough, a second batch of severe storms is poised to rake over the same area in the next few hours. Sheesh!!!

EDIT: Radar loop from earlier tells the story. A bowing segment went right thru Somerset Center and Somerset, MI in NE Hillsdale Co. right where my family lives and where I'll be going this weekend. Ought to be some interesting scenes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

No doubt! Give me this every year, right?! Now watch us have a torch winter with a super Nino! :jumpinganger:
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:55 pm
No doubt! Give me this every year, right?! Now watch us have a torch winter with a super Nino! :jumpinganger:
BITE your tongue! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:53 pm WOW! Just saw where Lower Mich got rocked by severe wx. Very strong winds!! Tons of tree damage, damages to homes, and power outages also. My cousin and family are impacted as they cannot leave their home due to power lines being down over the driveway. Same areas that got hit with the ice storm in the winter, got hit again with big winds 70+ mph gusts! Hillsdale Co where they live has a lot of trees down and damage / powerlines, etc. Jackson Co, Lenawee Co all the way over to Ann Arbor and Detroit.

If that's not bad enough, a second batch of severe storms is poised to rake over the same area in the next few hours. Sheesh!!!

EDIT: Radar loop from earlier tells the story. A bowing segment went right thru Somerset Center and Somerset, MI in NE Hillsdale Co. right where my family lives and where I'll be going this weekend. Ought to be some interesting scenes.
Les as you know this is severe season for them and this covers the great lakes to the northeast. Mid-July - Mid-August is prime time for them as the jet is usually hanging around the USA/CANADA border. Yes a shorter season than us but can always be rough. Of course then they get some really nice weather until late Oct or early Nov and the gales start a blowing.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:57 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:53 pm WOW! Just saw where Lower Mich got rocked by severe wx. Very strong winds!! Tons of tree damage, damages to homes, and power outages also. My cousin and family are impacted as they cannot leave their home due to power lines being down over the driveway. Same areas that got hit with the ice storm in the winter, got hit again with big winds 70+ mph gusts! Hillsdale Co where they live has a lot of trees down and damage / powerlines, etc. Jackson Co, Lenawee Co all the way over to Ann Arbor and Detroit.

Les as you know this is severe season for them and this covers the great lakes to the northeast. Mid-July - Mid-August is prime time for them as the jet is usually hanging around the USA/CANADA border. Yes a shorter season than us but can always be rough. Of course then they get some really nice weather until late Oct or early Nov and the gales start a blowing.
No doubt Tim! Just got off the phone with my cousin. Power is out everywhere as you would imagine. As far as I know, no house / car damage but tree damage is everywhere around town and very numerous. Lots of downed power lines also. They just got hit with round 2.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Meanwhile here locally, I counted about 12 drops of rain with that dying line of showers that just moved thru. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:44 pm Meanwhile here locally, I counted about 12 drops of rain with that dying line of showers that just moved thru. :lol:
Ha, I got you. I counted 23 drops on my deck.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

snowbo wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:33 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:44 pm Meanwhile here locally, I counted about 12 drops of rain with that dying line of showers that just moved thru. :lol:
Ha, I got you. I counted 23 drops on my deck.
Dang it! I need to sell my dome to someone in New England. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

75 in my hood this morning, it was still 80 at midnight. :lol: The 90s of course for today along with a storm or two possible during the heating of the day. If you get one, it can become strong. IF you don't, you will bake into the 90s. We will do it again on Friday with chances for rain extremely low. Then I think the 90s again for Sat ahead of a better storm chance overnight and Sunday as we begin to drop back into the 80s for a few days.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and I got 13 drops last evening. Starting out the day 1 degree higher on both the temp and dew point. 20 degree increase with temp unless we get no clouds then we could see a 22-24 increase. Friday and Saturday look hot and a toss up which day is the hottest at this point. Sunday will feel nice and that is my day to mow. No golf this week which is good because of the heat. 3 times next week so hoping the heat stays away.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tim... We may briefly hit the low 90s by mid week ahead of another system due in towards the end of next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:37 am Tim... We may briefly hit the low 90s by mid week ahead of another system due in towards the end of next week.
I agree Les and just hope the humidity is somewhat lower. Hopefully the low 90's is on Wednesday as I play golf on Tuesday,Thursday and Friday
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:56 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:37 am Tim... We may briefly hit the low 90s by mid week ahead of another system due in towards the end of next week.
I agree Les and just hope the humidity is somewhat lower. Hopefully the low 90's is on Wednesday as I play golf on Tuesday,Thursday and Friday
It is for Wed. I wouldn't rule out Thurs also until we see how the timing works out when we get closer.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

So far we are at 77/72 which is the same as we saw on Wednesday at this time of day. Looks like the sun is starting to get brighter so should see a nice increase over the next few hours. Then we wait to see how the cloud cover is early in the afternoon.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Trying to get an ideal on how high we go today. As of 10am at CVG temp is 80 dew is 74.. Wednesday temp was 81 and dew 73. Looks like right on target for a temp near 90. If we get a decent amount of clouds between 12p-2p then 90 or 91 seems good but if more sunshine during those hours 92 or 93 seems likely.