July 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and most folks got some rain the past 3-4 days but again with most systems we have winners and losers. This week looks very typical for the first week of July with temps that will end up around normal for the week as we start out a tad above and then a tad below later in the week when a cold front gets into the area. Will mow on Tuesday as headed to Wisconsin for a few days starting Thursday and looks like the weather will be very typical for them in early July with highs around 80 and lows between 55-58.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently for Wed 7/5 ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:33 am Good Morning and most folks got some rain the past 3-4 days but again with most systems we have winners and losers. This week looks very typical for the first week of July with temps that will end up around normal for the week as we start out a tad above and then a tad below later in the week when a cold front gets into the area. Will mow on Tuesday as headed to Wisconsin for a few days starting Thursday and looks like the weather will be very typical for them in early July with highs around 80 and lows between 55-58.
Sounds great Tim! I am sure you'll love Wisc way more then SC. :lol: I know I would!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Looks like a 60% - 70% POPs for tonight's 6:05 Redlegs / Nationals game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:36 pm
tpweather wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:33 am Good Morning and most folks got some rain the past 3-4 days but again with most systems we have winners and losers. This week looks very typical for the first week of July with temps that will end up around normal for the week as we start out a tad above and then a tad below later in the week when a cold front gets into the area. Will mow on Tuesday as headed to Wisconsin for a few days starting Thursday and looks like the weather will be very typical for them in early July with highs around 80 and lows between 55-58.
Sounds great Tim! I am sure you'll love Wisc way more then SC. :lol: I know I would!
If you live in Wisconsin you don't have to worry about La Nina, El Nino, or El Neutral. It's all good in Wisconsin! ;) :lol:
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good afternoon folks... I don't have much change to the ongoing forecast. It's pretty straight forward. Small storm chance thru this evening then I think we're good until Thursday's cold front. Independence Day and Wed both possible 89'ed or 90 degree days. Then behind that next front, we're back into the low 80s for Fri and Sat. Low 80s or so thereafter depending on future storm coverage. By Sunday, a daily shot for storms will be the weather story and that continues into next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

From a long range perspective, I think we see more of the same. The core of the heat stays out West and we get continued troughs (cold frontal attacks) from the NW with rounds of t-storms with each system. Couple of dry days then we do it again. Etc etc. Some areas should be seeing improvements on the drought front in the next couple of weeks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got to 83 in both CVG and DAY and 81 CMH.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 247TH INDEPENDENCE BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :unclesam: :usa: :usa: :waveusa:

Lee Greenwood has always been one of my favorite singer / composers and I love his God Bless the USA!! :usa:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... i=89978449

Currently 77 here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 85. :sunny:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!! :balloons: :birthday: :birthdaymulticolor: :cake: :usa: :waveusa: :)

Enjoy your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Happy Birthday Christian! :birthdaymulticolor: :balloons: :birthday: :cake: and Happy Independence Day to everyone!

US Flag.jpg
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Temps are averaging 83-87 across the region at this hour so 90 is achievable both today and tomorrow at CVG. We'll see! :) Otherwise we await t-storms on Thursday, some strong, as our next weather event.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and Happy 4TH of July. Mowed my grass this morning and though it was not that high the humidity outside was rough on the old man. Les temps getting to 90 will be most likely determined by the dew point. If it stays under 70 then I believe we can reach 90 but if the dews go above then 88 or 89 most likely. Either way this is one of the warmest days this year combined with the humidity. Still for the first week of July its rather normal. I believe Wednesday gives us a better shot at 90 as we are going to be just south and east of an cold front. This is usually when we see the highest temps in this pattern. Good thing is we end up going back below normal for the end of the week so seeing no long term heat in the longer term. Will we have an extended period of heat this summer and more than likely we will but hopefully it will be on the shorter term.

July or at least the first 3 weeks we still have some good chances of rainfall but once we get into the period which includes the last week of July through Oct we see the drier season starting to take hold. Does not mean we won't get any rain but normally this is the driest part of the year that includes the growing season. I do not count Nov-Feb as the growing season is done.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Definitely agree Tim tomorrow has the better chance versus today at hitting 90.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:05 pm Definitely agree Tim tomorrow has the better chance versus today at hitting 90.
Les this is a day where the weather is rather boring but the dew points are making a difference in temperature. The dew went down to 64 in Indy and the temp at 90. Dew point at Cvg is 70 and temp at 85. I believe this is where models tend to have some troubles at times and so do mets and forecasters. I just know it was brutal out this morning and my guess a little higher dew plus still had some moisture in the ground.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:18 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:05 pm Definitely agree Tim tomorrow has the better chance versus today at hitting 90.
Les this is a day where the weather is rather boring but the dew points are making a difference in temperature. The dew went down to 64 in Indy and the temp at 90. Dew point at Cvg is 70 and temp at 85. I believe this is where models tend to have some troubles at times and so do mets and forecasters. I just know it was brutal out this morning and my guess a little higher dew plus still had some moisture in the ground.
86 so far at CVG today I believe. Good call my friend! Happy Independence Day to you and your wife! :usa:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got to 88 at CVG, 89 DAY and 91 CMH. :usa:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 here also today. No precip.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

A little after 5, the heavens opened up. Hard rain with big drops. Rained about 20 minutes, picked up just under . 70 inches. Won't have to water for a couple of days.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Wxlrnr wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:23 pm A little after 5, the heavens opened up. Hard rain with big drops. Rained about 20 minutes, picked up just under . 70 inches. Won't have to water for a couple of days.
Good for you but I'm jealous.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Let's see how it goes for the 90 degree contest today. Should be doable ahead of tomorrow's front. A slim chance at an afternoon storm today also much like yesterday, very isolated. Likely action tomorrow with a cold front. The SPC does not have us outlooked for severe wx at this time.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th! My fam and I went to the craziness that is Kings Island. Man was that place packed! So did quite well with this last several day thunderstorm event - picked up 2.56"!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

That’s some big time blocking over the top for summer, at the 500mb level. No chance for big heat spell over the next couple weeks for Midwest/OV/TennValley, if that holds up
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:03 am That’s some big time blocking over the top for summer, at the 500mb level. No chance for big heat spell over the next couple weeks for Midwest/OV/TennValley, if that holds up
A classic moderate to strong El Nino summertime pattern setting up.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:02 am Hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th! My fam and I went to the craziness that is Kings Island. Man was that place packed! So did quite well with this last several day thunderstorm event - picked up 2.56"!
Had a great time here as usual. :lol: Glad to see your dome was broken for a while. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page