June 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:04 pm Also saw a tweet from SPC - still preliminary data, but this would be the first May ever with zero EF3 or greater tornado reports.
What a shocking stat if correct. :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good Thursday all! Looks damp outside so it must have rained a bit overnight. What else is new? :lol: 50-70% coverage still is on tap today and tomorrow before things really drop off and heat up this weekend. Then dry and comfy by Tues of next week! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Wow its muggy out there this morning. Got the yard done and no standing water anywhere.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG is reporting light rain as of 12pm., but I have not seen a drop here so far. (Which is good lol)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Love seeing the 12z GFS trying to show our cool down perhaps, having some staying power. ULL looks to set up shot after mid month around Hudson's Bay so we get NW Flow and repeated cold fronts from the NW dropping in. In the meantime, the tropics look to be fighting back with a system in the Gulf. The timing of a front and the tropics will need to be watched to see where the system gets directed too. Interesting times ahead...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG has 0.01" as of 1pm and reporting mod rain. 0.00" and cloudy with not a drop in sight here. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:41 pm Love seeing the 12z GFS trying to show our cool down perhaps, having some staying power. ULL looks to set up shot after mid month around Hudson's Bay so we get NW Flow and repeated cold fronts from the NW dropping in. In the meantime, the tropics look to be fighting back with a system in the Gulf. The timing of a front and the tropics will need to be watched to see where the system gets directed too. Interesting times ahead...
Very interesting to say the least Les. If this sets up we have a nice battle zone but the problem is will be in the wet zone or a drier zone if it sets up over a longer period. The south central states still look to remain wet which is so nice for them this late i the spring. I still thought the heat I saw building would be a Bermuda High that sets up over the smokies. However, a wetter than normal second half of June can delay that and sometimes it wins out. Still to early to back off the forecast I have but always something I will be looking at over the next weeks.

Btw Les it is raining at my house and again not as widespread as yesterday but the showers that build can stay in one place for an extended period because very little movement in the upper atmosphere.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I am still dry here Tim lol Speaking of the heat, if you're looking for that, go to the North and West. Minneapolis,. MN has had 8 days in a row at or above 90 degrees which is a record for so early in the season at MSP. They have been in the middle 90s as of late. A drought continues to develop in the upper Midwest and Great Lakes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Not even a sniffle of rain here......Dayton dome flexing it's muscles today! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

81 at CVG - 0.02" today. No precip here, also 81
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro is completely dry from Saturday out to Day 10 at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

So far just a very brief light shower here in my neck of the woods today.

I thought that today and Fri were both supposed to be the better coverage, yet of course still scattered in nature, for the MV and Tri-state. :thumbupright:

Currently 82 here in G'ville.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Yep , coverage was not what I was expecting for today. I have one more day to get a decent soaker and anyone else who needs it. For an active week , it was rather uneventful for many due to the continuing funk of lack of any thunderstorms
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:20 pm Yep , coverage was not what I was expecting for today. I have one more day to get a decent soaker and anyone else who needs it. For an active week , it was rather uneventful for many due to the continuing funk of lack of any thunderstorms
Lack of wind shear and the cloud cover has really not allowed for a lot of good coverage. Keeps the severe threat down is the only positive. A 50 / 50 chance tomorrow but you're East of me so your chances should be higher then mine. I am not expecting much, if anything here. I don't need it. I need to dry out so hope you, and anyone else who needs it... gets it! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Picked up just under an inch for the week so far here. More pesky rains than anything. Causing delays and clients saying it's to wet to cut their grass. Glad this week is almost over. They hear news reports of not being able to cut for 2 or 3 days after it rains and think we are not showing up because the news said so. LOL Ugh.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My gauge was dry both Wed and Thurs.

Currently 72 here in G'ville and progged for 68 Fri morning. Progged for around 84 Fri afternoon.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and one more cloudy / foggy start to the day. Same ole, same ole, with the better rain chances in our S and E counties in my opinion. Mid to upper 80s this weekend with any rain chances being isolated at best. Then pleasant conditions by Tues of next week. Should see some highs in the 70s lows in the 50s type of temps by the middle of next week. I am most certainly looking forwards to that. That's summer to Les. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and got 4/10ths of an inch yesterday around 130pm. Raining cats and dogs for about 20 minutes. For the week just a tad over 2 inches and with most days the sun never made it out for an extended period all that was soaked into the ground. A nice relief from humidity next week and that also helps in keeping the moisture in the ground. I believe the models will have problems over the next couple of weeks as we are introducing a tropical system into the mix and we know that kills timing. If the tropical system happens and it moves into the gom and strengthen expect some decent ridging to the north and this could end up giving us some hot days during the second half of June. Again plenty of maybe's when you get a tropical system.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Yesterday was the first 100% dry day that I have had and thinking today might be too. Chances IMO are low from I-75 and points west and higher eastward from that corridor.

It'll be an interesting battle between our cooler and less humid pattern and the tropics trying to fire up. The tropical system may slide west and not bother us, unless the timing is right and an incoming cold front and pick it up and send the rain in our direction. We'll just have to wait and see. Both ideas are on the table.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Dry here yesterday as well - did see an isolated storm yesterday evening to my southeast but nothing here.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tim - I still think after that passes by late June, the Bermuda high should be taking over our weather as a trough drops into the Pacific NW. This would put us in the last several days of June and into early July time frame. I still am on board with you with this warmer idea. It'll be delayed obviously, we both know this, but not denied. I think these ideas are still valid.

So in summation, cooler / less humid next week then we'll see what the tropics do in terms of rain and heat. After the tropical system passes then hotter, more humid and drier. Although I suspect, it won't be 100% dry. We'll have those 30% PM POPS for isolated storm pop up development in the afternoons. Muggy at night. The usual type of summery pattern.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

For the first time all week... partly sunny skies this morning. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

78 / 71 at CVG currently. Convective temp is 81 degrees so in the next couple of hours, cells should begin to pop esp Eastern half of the area. We'll see how it goes. PWATS are at 1.75" on the sounding this morning so slow movers and heavy rains are likely where these things do pop up.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

84 now at CVG... mostly cloudy skies.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page