August 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: August 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

4" of rain here and at CVG in the last couple of days. 88 today at CVG, same thing here. Can we get 89'ed or 90'ed tomorrow before our next front comes in by Tues / Wed? We shall see! Drying out Thurs with a gorgeous Fri - weekend time period. Lows U50s to L60s with highs U70s to L80s! A nice break from the heat and humidity upcoming!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Browneyedgirl wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:53 am Thanks for the birthday wishes. Went to the state fair with the grandkids. The ODNR section is great! They loved the butter sculptors and seeing all the animals.

Some nice man let them help give a cow a bath. Very popular with the 3 year old!
You're quite welcome Lisa! :)

I've only been to the state fair once when I lived in Hamilton, OH. :) My folks, sister and I went there and we enjoyed the ODNR section also along with the butter sculptors, animals, etc. :)

We also took in a Bob Braun Show as part of the audience which was near the harness racing track. :) During the show a met named Bill Myers did a wx forecast. 8-)

Some of my favorite memories of Cincy will always be celebs like Bob Braun, Colleen Sharp Murray and Rob Reider. 8-)

Currently 77 here in Greenville.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up .30" from Sun. :)

DAY got to 90 on Sun.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

No changes guys... one more humid and warm day U80s to around 90 possible. Then we get wet thru Wed. Clearing out Thurs. Gorgeous Fri - the weekend. Easy forecast in my book. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Let's all wish Charles (airwolf) a very happy birthday today! Enjoy Your Day Charles and hope it's a good one weather wise for you. :cake: :birthday: :balloons:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:23 am Let's all wish Charles (airwolf) a very happy birthday today! Enjoy Your Day Charles and hope it's a good one weather wise for you. :cake: :birthday: :balloons:
Happy B-DAY Charles. Hope you have a wonderful day.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:21 am No changes guys... one more humid and warm day U80s to around 90 possible. Then we get wet thru Wed. Clearing out Thurs. Gorgeous Fri - the weekend. Easy forecast in my book. :)
Good Morning Les. looks like some beautiful weather on the way but I am heading to SC today. Though it won't be as nice they expect mid-80's next weekend which is a nice change from the normal low 90's. How much rain can we get before the front moves through. Hopefully late tonight through early Wednesday we get a more widespread area of rainfall compared to the localized heavy rains over the past 4 days. Even though I missed out on the heavier rain the lawn looks great for early August but would like to see another inch or so before the wonderful dry and cooler air arrives.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:38 am
tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:21 am No changes guys... one more humid and warm day U80s to around 90 possible. Then we get wet thru Wed. Clearing out Thurs. Gorgeous Fri - the weekend. Easy forecast in my book. :)
Good Morning Les. looks like some beautiful weather on the way but I am heading to SC today. Though it won't be as nice they expect mid-80's next weekend which is a nice change from the normal low 90's. How much rain can we get before the front moves through. Hopefully late tonight through early Wednesday we get a more widespread area of rainfall compared to the localized heavy rains over the past 4 days. Even though I missed out on the heavier rain the lawn looks great for early August but would like to see another inch or so before the wonderful dry and cooler air arrives.
Good morning Tim! I could mow again with all the rain we got here. It's like spring LOL I won't mow every 5 days but I could due to the 4" we got Fri and Sat. Hopefully others can cash in Tues and Wed but the folks along and S of the river, may have the best chance once again like last time. We shall see, but hopefully our posters north of us can get come of that liquid love too along with your hood in Edgewood. :) Going to love those 70s coming by Fri with 50s for lows. Can't wait! Weather looks great for the Boone Co Fair too, which I will be attending this Saturday if any of you are around. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Happy Birthday, Charles!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thought this was interesting about Dews and CVG - Per Scotty D's Facebook page:
The #Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is 10 hours away from setting an all-time record for the most number of hours in a single year with a 75°+ dewpoint. 2022 is already in fourth place for the most number of hours in a single year with a 70°+ dewpoint... and it's only August 8th. Remember, a dewpoint of 60°+ means it's humid, a dewpoint of 70°+ means it's steamy, and dewpoints in the mid to upper 70s indicate oppressive humidity.
Charts showing a count of hours with a 75°+ dewpoint and a 70°+ dewpoint for the entire year (2022's count is through noon Monday) are attached.
CVGDew1.jpg
CVGDew2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:27 pm Thought this was interesting about Dews and CVG - Per Scotty D's Facebook page:
The #Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport is 10 hours away from setting an all-time record for the most number of hours in a single year with a 75°+ dewpoint. 2022 is already in fourth place for the most number of hours in a single year with a 70°+ dewpoint... and it's only August 8th. Remember, a dewpoint of 60°+ means it's humid, a dewpoint of 70°+ means it's steamy, and dewpoints in the mid to upper 70s indicate oppressive humidity.
Charts showing a count of hours with a 75°+ dewpoint and a 70°+ dewpoint for the entire year (2022's count is through noon Monday) are attached.

CVGDew1.jpg

CVGDew2.jpg
And we're all still here!!! 1977 is good company to be in
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:39 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:27 pm Thought this was interesting about Dews and CVG - Per Scotty D's Facebook page:

CVGDew1.jpg

CVGDew2.jpg
And we're all still here!!! 1977 is good company to be in
As is 2010 and 1995 :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 as of 2pm at CVG so a contest day is in play. Radar shows a couple of storms nearby so we'll see what happens here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

LOU has now issued a flood watch for their Eastern counties of Central KY including Lexington until Wed at 8pm! Wow!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Got a ground wetter headed my way. Lots of little cells out there! Some bonus action today folks. Good luck! Coverage isn't bad esp along the I-71 corridor.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Pete1
Heavy Rain

Post by Pete1 »

Raining here again in Burlington.

Make it stop Les :)

So much for cutting the grass which is in spring growing form
Burlington, KY
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Pete1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:53 pm Raining here again in Burlington.

Make it stop Les :)

So much for cutting the grass which is in spring growing form
LOL! Pete, I cut mine on Thursday and it doesn't even look like it was cut. :lol: Not complaining, much better then a drought (which looked possible 6-8 weeks ago). Thank goodness that did not pan out. Love the pattern we're in for gardening and nice healthy lawns! Let's keep it going into Fall. Get some better leaf color for a change this year maybe? :) Anyway some nice refreshing air coming by the end of the week so something good to look forward too esp for the Fair. You going? I'll be there on Saturday.

EDIT: Pete's ground wetter is here too with light rain now occurring. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

89 now at CVG so there's that. 90 or do they get wet also?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Flood Watch out for everyone S of the river thru Wed evening.

..FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH WEDNESDAY
EVENING...

* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...Portions of Southeast Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio,
including the following counties, in Southeast Indiana, Ohio and
Switzerland. In Kentucky, Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll,
Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Lewis, Mason, Owen, Pendleton and
Robertson. In Ohio, Adams, Brown, Clermont and Scioto.

* WHEN...From Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday evening.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG got 89'ed for the 4th time this summer. Contest thread has been updated.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I just renewed my AccuWx Pro subscription so we have model text data again this winter. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:03 pm I just renewed my AccuWx Pro subscription so we have model text data again this winter. :)
Thanks Les. Made to SC and I can tell you south of Lexington the vegetation is about as lush as you ever see. Even down here the lawns are rather lush for early August. Very interesting about the dew point record as well. I will need to see if the previous years with higher days of dew points were with a La Nina.