April 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: April 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

CVG has 0.38" from yesterday and today as of 1pm.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 pm Starting to see a nice trend on the 12Z GFS and some other models too...

Showers likely with the upper low Fri afternoon and evening. Then, snow showers early Sat morning and into the afternoon hours. could see rain or sleet mix in at times. FUGLY... :lol:

Then we moderate and get wet Tues and Wed with the cold frontal passage by Thurs. Watch for severe wx if frontal timing is Thurs evening!!! Then we turn colder again with another cut off low and crap weather pattern post 4/18 onwards. My vacation is not going to be good to Lake Erie... ugh...
Slicker time for the "Gorton Walleye Fisherman!" ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:55 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 pm Starting to see a nice trend on the 12Z GFS and some other models too...

Showers likely with the upper low Fri afternoon and evening. Then, snow showers early Sat morning and into the afternoon hours. could see rain or sleet mix in at times. FUGLY... :lol:

Then we moderate and get wet Tues and Wed with the cold frontal passage by Thurs. Watch for severe wx if frontal timing is Thurs evening!!! Then we turn colder again with another cut off low and crap weather pattern post 4/18 onwards. My vacation is not going to be good to Lake Erie... ugh...
Slicker time for the "Gorton Walleye Fisherman!" ;)
I'm hoping the snow stays away too LOL
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I am up to 0.68" now for an event total.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

0.83" - Updated total
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Welp.... so much for any dry time. Rain is ending for now from NW to SE across the area. The dryness is short lived. By tomorrow, once lapse rates steepen ahead of the upper low due in for Fri and Sat, we will see some sun and heating to create popcorn showers tomorrow afternoon. You will notice a speckled nature to the radar in the afternoon. The sun sets, the action weakens. We do it again on Fri PM then by Sat, we get cold enough for snow esp in the morning. Like last week, an isolated covering is possible in areas where it comes down hard. Then it melts once the snow stops. No road issues at all. Then Sun and Mon I am going dry. Then wet thereafter. Gonna mow maybe on Sunday for first time this year.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:27 am ILN radar appears to be down
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Woolyworm
Rain Shower

Post by Woolyworm »

Are we under attack?? Someone has a huge bright ball lit up in the sky and making shadows. Take cover.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up .20" for Wed for a combo .30" since Tues. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Woolyworm wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:01 pm Are we under attack?? Someone has a huge bright ball lit up in the sky and making shadows. Take cover.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Another wintry weekend. Need to break the crappy weekend weather pattern. I think this is at least 4 weeks in a row
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! Anyone ready for more showers this afternoon? Once we get some heating it'll occur in scattered fashion then fade away as the sun sets. We will do it again tomorrow cept this time, more intense and widespread. Could see flakes tomorrow morning and soft hail or even pea sized hail in the afternoon. Then more flakes by Sat morning and showers after that as the upper low exits stage right.

Sunday is looking good in the afternoon after a chilly morning, and trying to sneak in a dry Monday but we may not even get that. Shower chances Tues then the front passes either Wed or Thurs with a strong to severe t-storm threat. Then another period of below normal weather is lurking as previously mentioned.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 am Another wintry weekend. Need to break the crappy weekend weather pattern. I think this is at least 4 weeks in a row
Heck GFS says the following weekend will be chilly as well, although not as cold as this one!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:02 am
Bgoney wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:25 am Another wintry weekend. Need to break the crappy weekend weather pattern. I think this is at least 4 weeks in a row
Heck GFS says the following weekend will be chilly as well, although not as cold as this one!
6Z GEFS some members have snow even for us post 4/18 :lol: Not that I believe that, but some snow for me on my Lake Erie trip is not completely out of the question. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Glad we get a dry Sunday cause the 12Z GFS wants to rain on us as early as Sun night with the warm front coming in ahead of the big Plains Low for later next week. More rain Monday now too. esp NW of Cincinnati. May see a break SE sections. More action for all Mon evening as the cold front presses in. So how warm are we really going to get next week with clouds and rain? 60s likely, but 70s? We'd need some sun for that.

Front stalls just to our south Tues giving us a break but then it comes back north as a warm front again Tues night into Wed as the next Plains Low gets cranked up. So we are looking at several severe wx events for the Plains and snow storms for the Rockies kind of deals next week. For us rain and some thunder to start off with, but if the frontal timing is good for that next front on Thurs, then as mentioned previously... we'd be looking at some severe wx action of our own! The current GFS run currently has the front coming thru Thurs AM so severe threat is reduced if that is correct.

So wow... a dry Sunday and that's about it for a good chunk of next week. :lol: Pattern remaining active... with yet another strong low / cold front for Easter Sunday.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

GFS is showing more snow in the extended range too! :lol: Man... Trev is going to be pissed! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro for next week shows a different story. Dry Sunday and dry Monday too. Only scattered activity Tues and Wed with the frontal passage Thurs morning. Warmer temps, less rain and more of the ridge staying in control. The GFS has us frontal boundary city. Place your bets!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

ILN radar is back up and it shows scattered showers developing across the area. These will fade away after sunset and a tenth of an inch or less of rain can be expected.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Frost / Freeze program is back on for this Spring if you live in the Cincy Tri-state area on south. For the I-70 Crew on north, the program is not yet in effect.

https://www.weather.gov/iln/springfrostfreeze
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I maxed out at 55 and managed to dodge any shower activity. Dropping temps, 49 now imby. Showers will fade later but will ramp back up with flakes possible in the morning then t-storms with hail tomorrow afternoon. Snow then Sat morning. Hello! :lol: A nice Sunday in which I will attempt to mow for the first time this season.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

SPC has a Day 5, 6 and 7 outlook out for next week. Going to be some tornado alley classic like storms for the chasers out there! Googly Moogly!

day5prob.gif
day6prob.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Yep instead of for the birds, for the outhouse!
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:08 pm GFS is showing more snow in the extended range too! :lol: Man... Trev is going to be pissed! :lol:
Eric, too! ;) :lol:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My dad will be going to Anderson, IN tomorrow morning for a 2nd attempt at helping his sis get to a CAT-scan appt in Anderson. The 1st attempt last Fri didn't pan out because my aunt misunderstood directions re discontinuing a certain pain med for her ailing sciatica and hip a few days ahead for the dye-injected scan. Prayerfully 2nd time's a charm! :thumbupright: And she's not allowed any food (snack) and even water either after midnight. Please keep her and my dad in your prayers and also for traveling as the forecast for Fri is a yuck-fest esp for April standards!

Currently 43 and going for around 36 Fri morning.