June 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:09 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:04 pm
Today's GFS is doing just that stalling the front on top of us from 7/2 thru 7/6. If correct, horrible news for Pyro's, but good news for any drought concerns.
Maybe we can do a compromise and have a dry 4th + fireworks display, with a nice soaking rain on either side! ;)
My party is on 7/2 so it's a deal Sir! :drinkingcheers:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

80 at CVG today, 79 here. 50 to 55 looks good for a low for city people. Def thinking we'll see some U40s in the rural areas. Enjoy! Almost record setting cold for the time of year to be honest. CVG's record low for tomorrow is 50 set back in 1987. Doubtful we'll see that at the Airport itself but it'll come within a few degrees of it for sure. One more beauty tomorrow about like what we had today. Thinking low 80s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:23 am
young pup wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:19 pm I would expect to see D0 in parts of central Ohio this week. Some yards are starting to go dormant. I didn't even cut my yard this past week. Parts of the back are going dormant. Hopefully some of you got some rain. It missed me just to my north today.
Same here JP. I have the sprinkler on this morning trying to save a portion of the yard.
That's not good. I saw a lot of watering going on today up here.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

No doubt guys we are starting to get dry. I mowed Friday but no mowing this week is going to happen. I do like the upcoming pattern for the weekend and bad timing but a front that may stall and a nice invasion of moisture from the south could be just what the doctor ordered. Next week and I talked about how a trough should be deeper in the east and I would not be surprised that some folks in New England head into the 30;s at night later next week. Unusual yes but it has happen before up there.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I like the 18Z GFS... rain is over by 6 or 7pm Sat. Then I can set up and fire away! :lol: Models are struggling between the idea of blowing the front thru and stalling it out. Both ideas are possible this far away.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Don't know if it's my age or what but I had the heater on in my truck this morning.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:54 am Don't know if it's my age or what but I had the heater on in my truck this morning.
Did you get down into the 40s? I wouldn't blame you then. :lol: 53 here, 56 this morning at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning folks and I'd like to wish one of our long time friends and posters, Leslie aka kywthrluvr, a very Happy Birthday today! A great weather day for her plans as well as everyone else's. :thumbsup: :cake: :birthdaymulticolor: :balloons:

I don't have much change in the forecast guys. Our best shot at the 90s are Thurs and Fri. Isolated storms here, scattered I-70 Crew on Friday, then likely for everyone Sat ending down our way on Sunday. There's still debate if the front continues to linger over the area for the 4th and beyond or is it over on Sunday? Hopefully as the week goes on we can post a little more detailed of a forecast and include some timing for our pyros out there and for folks who are having a get together.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

kywthrluvr
Rain Shower

Post by kywthrluvr »

Thanks so much! I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful day. I took the day off and am going to enjoy the sunshine!
Leslie
Florence, KY
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:24 am
Bgoney wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:54 am Don't know if it's my age or what but I had the heater on in my truck this morning.
Did you get down into the 40s? I wouldn't blame you then. :lol: 53 here, 56 this morning at CVG.
It was 51 when I left. In my defense, I had the fan on low
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

It was 50 in my hood this morning. Saw where HAO dipped to 46 and Richmond IN was 45.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

If I recall, I believe Lebanon and Middletown also dropped into the 40s this morning. In KY, the Carroll co and Lewis Co mesonet sites also got down to 48.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:20 am If I recall, I believe Lebanon and Middletown also dropped into the 40s this morning. In KY, the Carroll co and Lewis Co mesonet sites also got down to 48.
Yes sir! Middletown was 46 and Lebanon 49.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

kywthrluvr wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:48 am Thanks so much! I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful day. I took the day off and am going to enjoy the sunshine!
Happy birthday! Les took up a collection, we all pitched in and bought you this beautiful weather day. Hope you like it.
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:27 am Good morning folks and I'd like to wish one of our long time friends and posters, Leslie aka kywthrluvr, a very Happy Birthday today! A great weather day for her plans as well as everyone else's. :thumbsup: :cake: :birthdaymulticolor: :balloons:
Happy Birthday, Leslie!!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Will have to watch late Friday into Friday night for severe chances esp the further north you live. CIPS guidance showing a decent threat and the NAM at the tail end of the run has a line of storms across NW Ohio into central Indiana. Timing looks poor as usual but will have to see how far south this line dips. Def favoring I-70 at this time. Any rain is welcomed at this juncture!

svrthreatfriday.png
nam-218-all-indiana-refc-6720000.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS showing isolated to scattered storms Fri afternoon and evening then likely coverage Sat morning, a break then another round in the afternoon and evening. Mainly dry on Sunday but the front comes back north for the 4th for more chances.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I went ahead and trimmed, edged and mowed the lawn today In preparation for Booms Day while the temps and dews are in check. 40 degree dews are rare for this time of year. Love it! Gonna fire up the grill and do some pork steaks marinated in lemon pepper. Hope all are enjoying today! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

PLEASE give me the 18Z GFS Rain Sat morning and it's done by 2pm. Yes please! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Have to claim BS on the Air quality alert , if you can't get out and enjoy a day like today, then you can't get out for any summer day.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLIE AND I HOPE THAT YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR SPECIAL DAY, WXBUDDY!! :birthday: :cake: 8-)

Currently 77 here in G'ville. :sunny:
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:10 pm Will have to watch late Friday into Friday night for severe chances esp the further north you live. CIPS guidance showing a decent threat and the NAM at the tail end of the run has a line of storms across NW Ohio into central Indiana. Timing looks poor as usual but will have to see how far south this line dips. Def favoring I-70 at this time. Any rain is welcomed at this juncture!

svrthreatfriday.png

nam-218-all-indiana-refc-6720000.png
Red, White, and Boom might be in danger. Also out at Buckeye Lake.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:32 pm Have to claim BS on the Air quality alert , if you can't get out and enjoy a day like today, then you can't get out for any summer day.
Totally agree! I get it for Thurs and / or Fri. Tomorrow is still decent for the humidity and only the upper 80s. Come on man! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Another beautiful refreshing air quality alert day on tap . Currently 50 glorious degrees here with normal high forecast. Sign me up for a whole summer of AQA days. Between the terrifying Heat Index's and the dreaded AQA's of summer , I guess NOAA thinks city's and towns and streets should look more like ghost towns in summer, I'm sure this would make them very happy
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I dropped to 49 this morning here! :o CVG got down to 53. GFS still showing the same ole, same ole for upcoming rain chances. Euro has sure backed off until Impendence Day itself with regards to the highest chances. The NAM has some big boomers for I-70 Crew still Fri evening and night with the leftovers arriving here Sat morning. Front passes early Sat afternoon. That solution would be fine with me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page