December 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
dce
EF5 Tornado

Re: December 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by dce »

tron777 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:25 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:14 pm I know its waaaay too early to throw in the towel for January - but geeez this is getting ridiculous (and we have had many ridiculous winters around here lately).
I just can't find very much positive to say for snow lovers. I am probably bringing some folks down with my posts but I can't help it. The reality of it just isn't good if one likes cold and snow.
It couldn't be any worse if we had a strong El Nino going. Quite amazing. No matter what enso we get the last several years we seem to stay above average in temperatures during the winter. Whether the PDO is positive or negative, same outcome for the eastern US. +NAO or -NAO, same outcome. Eventually things will even out and when it does we will probably be quite satisfied.
Doug

Huber Heights
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Wakey wakey, rise and shine, ready for the jolly old man tonight. Weather wise very light showers possible tonight and also tomorrow and a bit warm, lol. Next week continues above normal temps and chances for rain. Have a good Ole fashioned fun family Christmas!!! . Apparently that's what a ton of people were preparing for, as yesterday I stopped at a local liquor store and the line was out the door, lol. Cheers to everyone!!!!
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:55 am Wakey wakey, rise and shine, ready for the jolly old man tonight. Weather wise very light showers possible tonight and also tomorrow and a bit warm, lol. Next week continues above normal temps and chances for rain. Have a good Ole fashioned fun family Christmas!!! . Apparently that's what a ton of people were preparing for, as yesterday I stopped at a local liquor store and the line was out the door, lol. Cheers to everyone!!!!
Same here yesterday for me at lunchtime. Kroger's liquor store was packed! :lol: Temps will be 10-20 degrees above avg for the rest of the year and pretty wet come next week. Glad 2022 is almost here. This year (minus that 2 week stretch in Feb has sucked) :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Going to post this again from the previous page, just because it looks cool lol

Merry-Christmas-hd-Wallpapers-Images-Free-Download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

GEFS / GEPS runs look favorable around the Jan 3rd timeframe as the pattern briefly relaxes . The Western trough comes back after that for a bit but maybe a small window of opportunity?
GEFS.png

Fantasy Range EPS looking good after that re-strengthening the blocking, which before was forecast to weaken (AO / NAO)
EPS.png
We've got to wait until the new year though. Nothing but rain and warmth for the rest of December.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Merry Christmas to everyone. Thanks to everyone on here who runs this site and very grateful to have some folks that will listen to my ongoing posts. Concerning the warm weather and yes it would be nice to see some colder air especially for this time of year but still so lucky to live in this wonderful country and how blessed we are to still have freedom. It may seem like some folks are trying to take away those freedoms but this country has too many wonderful folks who will not let that happen. So Merry Christmas and hopefully I will get plenty of gifts since I have been really good this year lol.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Merry Christmas Tim! Hope 2022 brings continued good health to you. And some snow too! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

BookNerdCarp
EF0 Tornado

Post by BookNerdCarp »

Merry Christmas everyone. Sorry to have been so absent this year - health issues have been a priority and taking care of my Dad due to my Mom's death. Hopefully as we turn the year snow will be favorable for us.....I'm certainly ready!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

BookNerdCarp wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:21 am Merry Christmas everyone. Sorry to have been so absent this year - health issues have been a priority and taking care of my Dad due to my Mom's death. Hopefully as we turn the year snow will be favorable for us.....I'm certainly ready!
Merry Christmas Matt! Hope things settle down so you can come around more often. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

tpweather wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:26 am Merry Christmas to everyone. Thanks to everyone on here who runs this site and very grateful to have some folks that will listen to my ongoing posts. Concerning the warm weather and yes it would be nice to see some colder air especially for this time of year but still so lucky to live in this wonderful country and how blessed we are to still have freedom. It may seem like some folks are trying to take away those freedoms but this country has too many wonderful folks who will not let that happen. So Merry Christmas and hopefully I will get plenty of gifts since I have been really good this year lol.
Amen to that! If we are going to remain free, all who are willing will need to stand together! Merry Christmas to you as well!
Doug

Huber Heights
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

MERRY CHRISTMAS AV COMMUNITY FAMILY!! :)
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Merry Christmas to all! Overcast and 64 here in WV. Looks like it rained in my hood.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Merry Christmas

prateptype_cat.us_nw.png
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

What a night, first time I've ever gone barefoot outside Christmas eve. OK Trev you win.

Few showers today, next week a wavering frontal boundary gives of waves of rain and mild temps. Still like the first week of January temps to average near normal with alternating slightly above/below days.
And the long range, well, the GFS has been back and forth with week 2, with the latest 6z GFS coming in with a never before seen 1066 high into the lower 48.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

63 so far today here... CVG 64. We'll see if we can break the record today. Merry Christmas all! :) Yeah I agree. The Heat Miser won this battle. LOL @ the GFS. That's just plain silly. It must still be hung over. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Merry Christmas. My guess next week in SC I will be getting my winter tan. I had to look at the model when you spoke of the 1066 high. Is that possible and no doubt especially with the pattern and a release of that cold air in western Canada. Many times you see these big highs in Siberia but this year will all the snow cover in western and central Canada and Alaska these highs can become very strong. Will we have the correct set up is the next question. Still love to see snow cover over the northern and central plains and still believe a bigger storm awaits us later this week with the temp difference. How cold does it get in the northern plains this week and how warm in southern Texas. Could no doubt see a 100 degree difference. This happens in the winter but usually brings with it a strong storm. The GOM has not been touched hardly at all this season and no cold fronts to cool down the waters. We can get several systems over the next two weeks with plenty of moisture. What will be fun to watch is what kind of Lake Effect Snows that could happen in January. Again getting those north and northwest winds to last several days is key to getting into some big time totals.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I see 10-15 inches of snow in Fairbanks the next two days. Sure getting snow on Christmas for them is common but that is a nice size snowfall for late December. Even seeing folks on the North Shore expecting 4-7 inches and that is rare and not the snow part but that heavy of a snow this time of year. Funny last year we saw the heavy snows in northern Siberia late in November and this year not only the constant snows since early November in Alaska but having these heavy snow events in late December.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tpweather wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:39 am Merry Christmas. My guess next week in SC I will be getting my winter tan. I had to look at the model when you spoke of the 1066 high. Is that possible and no doubt especially with the pattern and a release of that cold air in western Canada. Many times you see these big highs in Siberia but this year with all the snow cover in western and central Canada and Alaska these highs can become very strong. Will we have the correct set up is the next question. Still love to see snow cover over the northern and central plains and still believe a bigger storm awaits us later this week with the temp difference. How cold does it get in the northern plains this week and how warm in southern Texas. Could no doubt see a 100 degree difference. This happens in the winter but usually brings with it a strong storm. The GOM has not been touched hardly at all this season and no cold fronts to cool down the waters. We can get several systems over the next two weeks with plenty of moisture. What will be fun to watch is what kind of Lake Effect Snows that could happen in January. Again getting those north and northwest winds to last several days is key to getting into some big time totals.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

65 here and at CVG 1 degree away from a tie.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

66 at CVG so a tie. 67 here imby. We will probably break it now. Wow... from 1893...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

SOI is really spiking positive now! :o

25 Dec 2021 1015.80 1003.15 46.34 10.90 10.65
24 Dec 2021 1014.85 1005.50 29.22 10.18 10.14
23 Dec 2021 1011.50 1006.15 8.46 9.60 9.63
22 Dec 2021 1009.09 1007.85 -12.87 9.60 9.34
21 Dec 2021 1009.99 1011.50 -27.14 10.36 9.37
20 Dec 2021 1011.33 1009.50 -9.81 11.50 9.67
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

tron777 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:39 pm 66 at CVG so a tie. 67 here imby. We will probably break it now. Wow... from 1893...
CVG hourly update says 66.9- I’d say the old record is toast by the next update.
3EEB87E5-9CA5-4AD4-B0AC-72ACD86D5DEF.jpeg
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

71 at the Carroll Co KY mesonet site. 67 for Boone and 69 over in Campbell Co. 68 imby.. CVG 67 a new record! 2021 the warmest Christmas Day ever. :o LUK is at 70!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Give it up to the EU , it nailed the warmth of today about 10 days ago
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

69 now here lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page