September 2022 WX discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: September 2022 WX discussion

Post by tpweather »

Finally some rain in the past hour with 0.32 inches.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:35 pm Finally some rain in the past hour with 0.32 inches.
Great to hear, Tim! :)
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:09 pm
tpweather wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:35 pm Finally some rain in the past hour with 0.32 inches.
Thanks Eric, hope you and your family are doing well. Total is up to 0.57 so my mini drought is over and the lawn will be fine until next summer. Flood watches for much of the area. Most folks of course will be okay but places in southeast Indiana had over 4 inches yesterday so they are more likely to have some flooding once the rain begins later today. Where do these pockets of heavy rain develop and how slow they move out of each area will determine flooding concerns.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We did have a period of sun for about 2-3 hours yesterday afternoon but that only aided in more rain late afternoon and evening. It was raining when I went to bed last night
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Hard to string 3 or 4 days in a row in September of cloudy, damp ,rainy conditions without a stalled tropical system, but we're going to do it anyway . Hopefully there are longer stretches rain-free today for more activities.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

Those 2-3 hours of sun yesterday gave me time to split more wood for the fall and winter.
Was sitting on the porch drinking coffee this morning. The dampness in the furniture cushions chased me back inside.
68-70ish dew reading now.. Had right around an inch of rain here so far.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Broken record MJO and LaNina update, easterlies dominate the equatorial region in the pac and especially the western pac, so little change in LaNina specifics. Which leads to no changes in MJO behavior. MJO has been so predictable for the last 8 months, no need to look at the Wheel of MJO Fortune, wind anomalies have been sufficient enough.
u.anom.30.5S-5N.gif
sst_wind_5day_drupal.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

9 tenths of an inch here. Ugly weekend in progress. Plans for pool party in Cincy yesterday were a no go. So we sat around watching football. But, I would rather have this weather this weekend then the fourth of July. :) Thinking I am going to go work in a bit since the sun is out. Just hoping the rain holds off for a bit to lighten the load for the rest of the week.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and mowed my grass and wow you could feel all the moisture around. Not like what I am seeing for the fireworks later today. I believe we will see the radar start to light up in the next few hours and then it comes down to timing when the rain hits over the meat of the tri-state.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:22 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:09 pm
Thanks Eric, hope you and your family are doing well. Total is up to 0.57 so my mini drought is over and the lawn will be fine until next summer. Flood watches for much of the area. Most folks of course will be okay but places in southeast Indiana had over 4 inches yesterday so they are more likely to have some flooding once the rain begins later today. Where do these pockets of heavy rain develop and how slow they move out of each area will determine flooding concerns.
You're quite welcome Tim. :) My folks and I are doing well and prayerfully you and your wife are, too. :)

Great to hear that your KY property has caught up in the liquid gold! :thumbupleft:

Prayers for a safe trip back to SC and that your grandchildren will feel much better soon. :) Did they receive any monoclonal antibodies treatment injections to help them in their recovery? :) That's what my Mom and I had when we had Covid last Christmas into part of January and it helped us. :)

Currently 75 here in G'ville.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

So far my gauge has picked up .20" :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

The 12z gfs and euro are at 2 to 3 inches for rainfall in the 10 days. I think some areas could use a break.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Nice break today and really activity has been lighter than I expected. I always try and look at energy and only so much to go around. Nice area of rainfall to the northeast of us and the main activity was to the south especially over northern Georgia where some places have had over 10 inches. I missed that earlier and thought the upper low would help pull the moisture further north but sometimes especially in winter you will see this happen and the heavier rain is so heavy even a upper low is unable to bring the moisture this far north.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Awesome glad to hear you finally got into the action! Rain total since yesterday is 1.05” here.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:30 pm Nice break today and really activity has been lighter than I expected. I always try and look at energy and only so much to go around. Nice area of rainfall to the northeast of us and the main activity was to the south especially over northern Georgia where some places have had over 10 inches. I missed that earlier and thought the upper low would help pull the moisture further north but sometimes especially in winter you will see this happen and the heavier rain is so heavy even a upper low is unable to bring the moisture this far north.
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

My rain gauge is at 2.5 inches event total. We're currently sitting out in the garage, intermittently using the external sump to keep the garage from flooding. We have a deposit with a construction company to replace our french drains, but they are 90 days out. ☹️
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

😥 Not having fun.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Seeing reports of over 7” radar indicated in butler county last night so I can imagine some serious flooding going on there. An additional 1.47” here for an event total thus far of 2.52”!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Water vapor shows river of moisture streaming along the Ohio River. Looks like another surge is moving into Southern Kentucky and NEastward, expect another cluster of slow moving showers to develop somewhere along 71 in Kentucky, not sure how far north into Southern Ohio it will make it for later roday

20222480846-20222481241-GOES16-ABI-CGL-08-600x600.gif
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Angelika wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:02 am 😥 Not having fun.
Wow, I would say you have had plenty of rain.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I stayed an extra day and it was dry mostly yesterday so got a lot of deck work done. Rained a bunch again earlier this morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trentonwx06
Rain Shower

Post by Trentonwx06 »

I can report about 7 inches in rain gauge from Saturday to this morning in Maineville/ Hamilton Township
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Trentonwx06 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:55 am I can report about 7 inches in rain gauge from Saturday to this morning in Maineville/ Hamilton Township
Holy cow.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Not sure how much rain I have had. Just went out to check the gauge. It was only showing 1 inch???? I'm thinking that is right. Because I didn't dump it yesterday. Well, it isn't, there is a hole in the back of it. Not sure how that happened? I can speculate but that won't do me any good. I did have a reqular bucket sitting out . I dumped it yesterday and just used a measuring tape it says 2 inches in there. Who knows. :(