August 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: August 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:37 am Tim can get all the rain as long as it's snow for the rest of us come winter, right? :lol:
Les don't be stealing my snow lol. Btw was out this morning around 11am and the sewers were still flowing like you would see about an hour after a downpour. What a storm. Who needs Ida when I can have my own little hurricane
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:offtopic: CONGRATULATIONS AND HATS OFF TO HAMILTON, OH AND TAYLOR, MI AS THEY MADE IT TO THE BIG 2021 LLWS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THAT'LL BE PLAYED SUN AFTERNOON!!!! :cheerleaderguy: :usa: :banguitar: :banblonde: 8-)

CVG 92, DAY 91, and CMH 89'ed today.

Currently 86 here in Greenville.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Southern MN progged to have gusts up to 85 mph this evening! :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and what an active end of August the country is having and yes a few things that will influence the local area. First we have the high over the Carolina's which is very strong.Second is the system in the northern plains which is very strong and no doubt have an influence on the weather and of course Ida which is a major hurricane. Never mind the tropical system in the west that will bring some needed rains to the southwest. So what does this mean for us and will we get significant rains from Ida. The cold front which is to the north is strong and normally would be a big issue because their is a tons of moisture with this system. That alone can bring some decent rains over the next two days. Then the remains of Ida and the exact path will determine where the heaviest rains will fall in our area. Here is the next problem and Ida will throw moisture up this way starting on Monday and that can help increase rainfall near the front. Next problem where is the front going to be located on Monday. Then for Tuesday and Wednesday the remains head northeast adding more moisture and rainfall. So folks living a little further north on Monday may be in for more rain but then the heaviest rains on Tuesday and Wednesday will be further south and east. Usually with this set up someone gets in the screw zone and that looks to be rather close to us. No way models will hit the exact location today but hopefully by Monday that is narrowed down somewhat. BTW the only time I watch TWC is during hurricanes and that is one area they still keep my attention and do a great job.More mowing today after the 6 inches Friday night and will be mowing towards the end of the week as well but with a much better brand of air.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Glad and thankful for that inch of liquid gold my area received late last week and for any additional early this week. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

87 so far at CVG, 89'ed here. Back in KY now. Going to try and mow in case the dome breaks. Even if it doesn't, it will for sure next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

90 here and at CVG as of 3pm...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Yeah I think even my stubborn dome will crack next week. LOL. Still think you guys in CVG land and SE crew will do much better than me though.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:08 pm Yeah I think even my stubborn dome will crack next week. LOL. Still think you guys in CVG land and SE crew will do much better than me though.
Agreed. The further south you are the better for this one. Glad that 4-6" of rain garbage is staying away form us. We don't need that much. 1-2" would be ideal for most folks whose Domes haven't cracked much this week. I haven't studied models much for me to even throw out a rainfall forecast yet lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:40 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:08 pm Yeah I think even my stubborn dome will crack next week. LOL. Still think you guys in CVG land and SE crew will do much better than me though.
Agreed. The further south you are the better for this one. Glad that 4-6" of rain garbage is staying away form us. We don't need that much. 1-2" would be ideal for most folks whose Domes haven't cracked much this week. I haven't studied models much for me to even throw out a rainfall forecast yet lol
Les I agree a tough forecast to include numbers because not only do we have the remains of Ida but the cold front to north will pull moisture north on Monday. There will be a screw zone for someone and still believe its close to us. I would love to see me miss everything since I got my 6 inches Friday evening.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:36 pm 90 here and at CVG as of 3pm...
Congrats to Christian 1st place and Doug 2nd place winner and runner up for Aug!! :thumbupright:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:40 pm
Thankful that the Ida remnants 4-6" is staying away from up here north of I-70 as my folks and my back up system that was installed 2 or 3 years ago would most likely be overwhelmed and cause problems for our finished basement. We've already had 2 back up situations over the last few years.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:offtopic: Out of good sportsmanship ... CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2021 LLWS CHAMPIONS TAYLOR, MI BOYS!! 8-)

Both CVG and DAY reached 91 and CMH 90.

Currently 88 here in Greenville.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:16 pm :offtopic: Out of good sportsmanship ... CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2021 LLWS CHAMPIONS TAYLOR, MI BOYS!! 8-)

How are you getting the climate report? When I have checked the past couple of days it has not updated. Then I check in the morning and it is there.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Still hoping the remains of Ida stay away. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

young pup wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:28 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:16 pm :offtopic: Out of good sportsmanship ... CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2021 LLWS CHAMPIONS TAYLOR, MI BOYS!! 8-)

How are you getting the climate report? When I have checked the past couple of days it has not updated. Then I check in the morning and it is there.
Hi JP,

Here is the new ILN link, click on the Observed Weather tab and it will bring up Cincy, Dayton, and Columbus, Bro. :)

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/climate?wfo=iln
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi JP,

Here is the new ILN link, click on the Observed Weather tab and it will bring up Cincy, Dayton, and Columbus, Bro. :)

Hi Eric,

thanks for the help. Guess should have looked at the tabs a little more closer. :) :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

young pup wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi JP,

Hi Eric,

thanks for the help. Guess should have looked at the tabs a little more closer. :) :)
You're quite welcome and no prob, Wxbuddy. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

ILN's afternoon AFD was pinpointing the SE Crew for 2"+ amounts being possible from Ida. We shall see how thing all transpires. Def looking like we've got some opportunities coming, esp tomorrow afternoon thru about early Wed morning. Then... some nice temps and lower humidity coming! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:36 pm
young pup wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Hi JP,

Hi Eric,

You're quite welcome and no prob, Wxbuddy. :)
:thankyouyellow:q
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

A little earlier tonight.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Do we think the rain will stay to the south? It looks like that's what the NWS is thinking.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Angelika wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:25 pm A little earlier tonight.
Gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting that. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page