August 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: August 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got an inch!! :)

:offtopic: Now going to watch the Hamilton team as they face off vs Torrance, CA in the next round of the LLWS at 7 o'clock. 8-) :thumbupleft:
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

A very respectable 0.40” for me. Once the dome hole filled in I actually had a nice event.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 pm Trees down in or near Mike's area and also in downtown Dayton.
Saw some tree limbs down in the Centerville area. Nothing in my immediate hood but saw a few driving back home earlier this evening.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric / Mike: Excellent! Glad you guys finally got something. :) Hope all can get some more tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Another day of atrocious modeling for today's OV activity. Again , for the same reasons as yesterday for today's forecast, with all the left over boundaries in the region expect another day of numerous hit and miss clusters of storms for friday.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:31 pm Another day of atrocious modeling for today's OV activity. Again , for the same reasons as yesterday for today's forecast, with all the left over boundaries in the region expect another day of numerous hit and miss clusters of storms for friday.
Agreed. We should see decreased chances with sinking air ahead of Ida for the weekend. Still a few storms around, but I'm not expecting the likely POPS type coverage, we have seen today and yesterday. Humidity and the 90s of course continue. Likely again as the next front moves in Monday and we hope... some rain from Ida as well by Tues and Wed. We'll see! A break in the 90s certainly for next week so that will be nice.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:offtopic: Congrats and hats off again to those Hamilton boys as they defeated Torrance, CA this evening! 8-) Next they'll face off vs Sioux Falls, SD on Sat afternoon.

Currently 70 here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 88 on Fri.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

More of the same hit and miss clusters today. Isolated pop ups over the weekend and a frontal boundary stalling out near us for Monday giving a better shot at rainfall for the majority of AVland. Tuesday/wed to early to call which way we end up, dry or wet , depending how far north IDA makes it before making a right turn. One thing is for sure after IDA leaves the region, a beautiful cool down after mid week and for the first week of September is in the cards. DPs in the 40s, hallelujah.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Great post Bgoney and good morning to you all! He's got us covered this morning so not much else to say other then heat wise... Saturday will be the worst in regards to that with the lowest rain chances too. Otherwise... a good shot to get wet today, and Monday for sure. More isolated this weekend is still my call.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and a rather wild day yesterday. Only .25 inches at my house but just south at the Kenton County Golf Course at least 1.5 inches. So wild yesterday as a thunderstorm collapse around 5pm and temps dropped about 15 degrees with strong enough winds to affect putting on the greens. At the same time another storm gathered quickly and that is when it poured down. What a fun day if you love watching the weather and a bad day for my golf game which is nothing unusual.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:10 am Good Morning and a rather wild day yesterday. Only .25 inches at my house but just south at the Kenton County Golf Course at least 1.5 inches. So wild yesterday as a thunderstorm collapse around 5pm and temps dropped about 15 degrees with strong enough winds to affect putting on the greens. At the same time another storm gathered quickly and that is when it poured down. What a fun day if you love watching the weather and a bad day for my golf game which is nothing unusual.
Even though CVG and myself got nothing yesterday, that outflow boundary that you mentioned, it was pretty awesome! My temp went from 93 to 78. Still humid of course, but it still felt a little better. :lol: I could see something similar happening today, since we virtually have the same set up in place.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

With a good chance for rains over the next few days and then a cool down, it will be primo time to get any grass seeding done this weekend or today even. I know thats what I'll be doing
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:33 am With a good chance for rains over the next few days and then a cool down, it will be primo time to get any grass seeding done this weekend or today even. I know thats what I'll be doing
Going to try and get mine knocked down Sunday if I can before those rains (I hope) we get from the cold front / Ida combo next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

86 as of 12pm at CVG and we're right on par with temps from yesterday. The 6Z GFS has Ida tracking thru S TN so folks SE of I-71 get the best rains and a sharp cut off to the NW where little occurs. There is one way we can get screwed and that would be it. Again, just depends on the timing of the front and the track of Ida and how that interaction works out. 12Z run is a little more NW with Ida to help out a few more folks, but I'd like to see it come even further north to be honest. Not liking that sharp cut off close by.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Radar lighting up again , this time starting in Kentucky, makes sense since the majority of the boundaries from yesterday were probably pushed south. Anyway, a more NE movement and or building NE
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:40 pm Radar lighting up again , this time starting in Kentucky, makes sense since the majority of the boundaries from yesterday were probably pushed south. Anyway, a more NE movement and or building NE
Seeing things popping up (scattered fashion) in IN as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

90 as of 2pm at CVG... will update the contest thread.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro is coming in stronger with Ida today and that matches up much better with the other models. Euro should bring rains closer to us like the GFS instead of a swing and a miss. And.... it did! The low comes thru SKY. Much more GFS like now. :) Euro has been so bad for so long, no matter the season. The King has def been dethroned. Hope to see that trend continue. Terrible for the folks down south, but could be good news rain wise for some of us next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Most of the action continues along and S of I-64. Only scattered action up here. Hope that changes this afternoon and early evening. Could use the rain for sure esp going into what looks like a hot and nasty weekend.

FYI - I am going to be pretty busy this evening and over the weekend so I probably won't be posting much. If someone could update the contest thread on Saturday for me, that would be great. In addition, please continue to track Ida in our Hurricane Ida thread and also the possible rains we get from it here in this thread.

Thanks so much all! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Darkening skies here attm... radar shows a little something just to my west trying to get going. Looks kind of interesting over SE IN and into Boone co of NKY.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Another day, and another 93 for my hood. A few sprinkles and a massive thunder boom so far. All bark and no bite currently. :lol: I watered my plants anyway to be on the safe side.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Quite a few warnings out there across SE IN and NKY. Storms to my West, East, and South. Nothing here but noise still.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

As you would expect... flood warnings coming out now on some of these due to slow movement. Be careful driving folks for the next few hours.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG 92, DAY 94, and CMH 90 for today.

Currently 90 here in Greenville.