August 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Re: August 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by cloudy72 »

Congrats to those who cashed in unexpectedly today! Maybe throw a tenth or two my way? :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Updated rainfall total at CVG as of 1pm: 0.74" :o Will check mine again later.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:11 pm Congrats to those who cashed in unexpectedly today! Maybe throw a tenth or two my way? :)
I thought I was The King of The Domes but it is def you now Mike. You have taken my crown away for sure. This is not a title that anyone wants either. :lol: Unfortunately, a big void of precip for your area. I wish that Indy precip would make it your way but it's dropping more south following the better moisture and instability. Hopefully you'll get a pop up later but tomorrow is a new day where a bit better chance awaits.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Looks like parts of the Indy metro received 2-4" of rain in about an hour from that earlier batch!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG's high only 83 so far thanks to well, the obvious.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

No model had this much activity for the OV today. All these clusters should leave numerous boundaries around for more scattered activity possibly overnight and again for tomorrow
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

DAY just hit 90....it's 88 in my hood.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 pm No model had this much activity for the OV today. All these clusters should leave numerous boundaries around for more scattered activity possibly overnight and again for tomorrow
They were pretty bad... no doubt about it! I was expecting to be hot and dry today then have a small shot at a storm tomorrow. I got some rain today so I guess I'll be hot and dry tomorrow? :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

82 as of 3pm at CVG and ILN's zone forecast still has me in the lower 90s? That should have been tossed out like at lunchtime LOL
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

FYI - NEW address effective tomorrow with regards to accessing the ILN Climate Report. The link below will take you to a PDF Document that has the info listed on it for the new address.

https://www.weather.gov/media/notificat ... access.pdf
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:24 pm FYI - NEW address effective tomorrow with regards to accessing the ILN Climate Report. The link below will take you to a PDF Document that has the info listed on it for the new address.

https://www.weather.gov/media/notificat ... access.pdf
Thank you, Bro, I bookmarked it! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 90 here in Greenville. :sunny:

:offtopic: Congrats and hats off to the Hamilton, OH team as they defeated the Hooksett, NH one in the Little League WS playoffs this afternoon!! 8-) :clappingyellow: :thumbupleft: :banguitar: Next they'll play CA or SD.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

DAY got to 92 today. CVG and CMH stayed in the 80s of course due to showers / t-storms coverage. :thumbupright:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lol... wow... I wish everyone could say this, but for CVG, the site is now 1.10" above normal for Aug rainfall as of this post. I didn't get as much as CVG honestly so I'll call it normal for my hood which I will gladly take! For those that are still below avg, Thurs, Fri, and Sunday offers up some chances. Best chances continue to look like it'll be early next week, if the tropics play ball of course.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

1517 UNK 2 S FISHERS HAMILTON IN 3993 8603 LARGE TREE BRANCH WAS BLOWN DOWN. (IND)

1519 UNK 1 SW WARREN PARK MARION IN 3977 8607 REPORT FROM MPING: 3-INCH TREE LIMBS BROKEN; POWER POLES BROKEN. (IND)

1600 UNK 2 S AVON HENDRICKS IN 3974 8639 REPORT RECEIVED THROUGH TWITTER OF A PARTIAL CEILING COLLAPSE IN A CLASSROOM AT AVON HIGH SCHOOL DUE TO HEAVY RAIN AROUND NOON TIME. TIME ESTIMATED. (IND)

1600 UNK AVON HENDRICKS IN 3976 8638 TREE LIMBS WERE BLOWN DOWN. SOME FLOODING. APPROXIMATE LOCATION AND TIME. REPORTED RECEIVED FROM TWITTER. (IND)

1600 UNK 1 W AVON HENDRICKS IN 3976 8640 A TREE WAS BLOWN DOWN NEAR AVON INTERMEDIATE WEST AND ACCOMPANIED BY DIME SIZE HAIL AND TORRENTIAL RAIN. REPORT WITH PHOTO RECEIVED VIA FACEBOOK. TIME IS APPROXIMATED. (IND)

1605 UNK AVON HENDRICKS IN 3976 8639 BLOWN OVER FENCES AND TREES. FENCING BLOWN 30 PLUS FEET. ROUGH APPROXIMATION OF LOCATION. TIME ESTIMATED. (IND)

1605 UNK 2 NNE AVON HENDRICKS IN 3979 8637 CONSTRUCTION SIGNAGE BLOWN ONTO EAST COUNTY ROAD 200 NORTH NEAR HEATHERMORE NEIGHBORHOOD. TIME APPROXIMATED. (IND)

1610 UNK PLAINFIELD HENDRICKS IN 3970 8639 TREE LIMBS WERE BLOWN DOWN. LOCATION AND TIME ESTIMATED. (IND)

1610 UNK 2 W WARREN PARK MARION IN 3978 8608 REPORT AND PHOTOS OF MULTIPLE TREES BLOWN DOWN NEAR 10TH STREET AND NORTH EMERSON AVENUE. SOME STREET FLOODING. TIME IS ESTIMATED. (IND)

1610 UNK 2 W WARREN PARK MARION IN 3979 8609 STORMS HAVE KNOCKED OUT THE POWER AND BLOWN DOWN MANY TREE BRANCHES. TIME APPROXIMATED. REPORT RECEIVED VIA TWITTER. (IND)

1615 UNK 1 WSW GREENCASTLE PUTNAM IN 3963 8686 FORWARDED REPORT OF MULTIPLE TREES BLOWN DOWN ... INCLUDING ONTO POWER LINES. TIME APPROXIMATED. (IND)

1620 UNK FRANKLIN JOHNSON IN 3949 8606 TREE LIMBS WERE KNOCKED DOWN BY THUNDERSTORM WINDS. REPORT RECEIVED VIA TWITTER. TIME AND LOCATION ESTIMATED. (IND)

1745 UNK 4 NNW FALMOUTH PENDLETON KY 3872 8437 LARGE BRANCHES DOWN ON US 27. (ILN)

1936 UNK 1 WNW CHESTNUT GROVE SHELBY KY 3830 8529 SUSPECTED MICROBURST DAMAGE ALONG DOVER ROAD. ONE OUTDOOR PAVILION DEMOLISHED. MULTIPLE LARGER BRANCHES DOWN AND ONE TREE UPROOTED. (LMK)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Had another one move thru but it just missed me. A few drops was it. CVG and Florence look to benefit on that one.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Ended up with 9 tenths. 4 from this morning and half an inch from this evening. Still below normal for the year at CMH. Even though they have had 5 inches this month.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good luck folks with regards to storms this afternoon. A few will get it, others will be baking in the 90s. We shall see! Go Mike!!! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:37 am Good luck folks with regards to storms this afternoon. A few will get it, others will be baking in the 90s. We shall see! Go Mike!!! :)
Fingers crossed! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z ILN sounding has a convective temp of 84 today. Should be plenty of moisture and CAPE to work with. Shear is very low so thus, scattered or isolated action only. Finally, cannot rule out an isolated strong wind gust, due to DCAPE values on the sounding coming in at just a bit over 1000 J/kg. Slow storm movement and high PWATS will make for more of a heavy rain event more so then anything else. Like yesterday, we saw amounts range from nothing, to 0.25" like me to 2.5" amounts in the SE sections of our forecast area. More losers then winners and expect the next several days honestly, to be no different. Only big game changer we've got, is the possibility of cooler temps and much needed soaking rainfall next week, should the tropics track for us correctly.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 am 12Z ILN sounding has a convective temp of 84 today. Should be plenty of moisture and CAPE to work with. Shear is very low so thus, scattered or isolated action only. Finally, cannot rule out an isolated strong wind gust, due to DCAPE values on the sounding coming in at just a bit over 1000 J/kg. Slow storm movement and high PWATS will make for more of a heavy rain event more so then anything else. Like yesterday, we saw amounts range from nothing, to 0.25" like me to 2.5" amounts in the SE sections of our forecast area. More losers then winners and expect the next several days honestly, to be no different. Only big game changer we've got, is the possibility of cooler temps and much needed soaking rainfall next week, should the tropics track for us correctly.
Great Post Les and I expect less in the way of activity today though a isolated thundershower can drop a quick 1/4 inch in 15 minutes. The system for next week is starting to look like it will affect the southeast USA. How far north will the system go is up in the air plus we will have a cold front moving south and how those interact is key. My yard is fine and yes some spots are a little brown but for this time of year not bad at all. If we do get some decent rain next week then the lawns are good until we get some decent frosts.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:59 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:33 am 12Z ILN sounding has a convective temp of 84 today. Should be plenty of moisture and CAPE to work with. Shear is very low so thus, scattered or isolated action only. Finally, cannot rule out an isolated strong wind gust, due to DCAPE values on the sounding coming in at just a bit over 1000 J/kg. Slow storm movement and high PWATS will make for more of a heavy rain event more so then anything else. Like yesterday, we saw amounts range from nothing, to 0.25" like me to 2.5" amounts in the SE sections of our forecast area. More losers then winners and expect the next several days honestly, to be no different. Only big game changer we've got, is the possibility of cooler temps and much needed soaking rainfall next week, should the tropics track for us correctly.
Great Post Les and I expect less in the way of activity today though a isolated thundershower can drop a quick 1/4 inch in 15 minutes. The system for next week is starting to look like it will affect the southeast USA. How far north will the system go is up in the air plus we will have a cold front moving south and how those interact is key. My yard is fine and yes some spots are a little brown but for this time of year not bad at all. If we do get some decent rain next week then the lawns are good until we get some decent frosts.
Hey Tim... My yard is okay, esp thanks to the rain I got yesterday. Not everyone got lucky so hoping 99L soon to be Ida most likely...will get us next week. Model tracks range from heavy rainfall here with a track just to our SE... to like the Euro, a swing and a miss due to the low moving thru the TN Valley instead. You have mentioned the keys already Tim... the incoming front and Ida's interactions will determine a yes or a no for us in terms of rainfall.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG has hit 90 today.... will update our contest thread.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Hello Mike, development near your hood, could this be the day?
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!