July 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 am Got lucky with the small line this morning and took the brunt , 1.25" in 40 minutes, best Thunder and lightning show of the summer . Electric out AGAIN

Tim , I cut for only the second time this month a couple days ago
Glad you got a decent amount. Maybe 1/10 here so maybe summer is starting to act correctly lol.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:02 am
Bgoney wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 am Got lucky with the small line this morning and took the brunt , 1.25" in 40 minutes, best Thunder and lightning show of the summer . Electric out AGAIN

Glad you got a decent amount. Maybe 1/10 here so maybe summer is starting to act correctly lol.
I remember you saying last week when you were getting all those soakers that in the SW flow your backyard always seemed to do well in the rain dept. I think I can say the same thing for MBY with the NW flow pattern, I always seem to do better here in the rain dept.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:15 am
tpweather wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:02 am

I remember you saying last week when you were getting all those soakers that in the SW flow your backyard always seemed to do well in the rain dept. I think I can say the same thing for MBY with the NW flow pattern, I always seem to do better here in the rain dept.
You make a great point and I have seen summers where your area gets a decent amount of rainfall and I am unable to buy a drop. Muggy this morning as I took my walk.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

.55 here overnight
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! In the 80s already with a 90 possible depending on cloud and storm coverage this afternoon.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney,

Some friends of my folks and I from church picked up a quarter inch and had lost power for a time at their residence in the Wayne Lakes area of Darke Co.

I haven't checked my gauge from last night's convection, yet.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up a tenth from last night's convection.

Currently 81 here in G'ville and progged for around 87 later this afternoon. :sunny:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Outstanding article on second year Nina's and what it could mean for the upcoming fall and winter.

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-we ... 7IVOmtteLk
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 so far at CVG, 89'ed here. Any 90s out there? Radar shows a few isolated cells popping up out there but coverage looks spotty at this time.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Just had a 30 min shower and .75" result. Up to 2" for the day
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG got 89'ed per the 5pm climate report if that does not change of course.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congratulations to Bgoney on his being the liquid gold weekend winner! :thumbupleft:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Last measurable rain for myself and CVG was on 7/17. Thanks to the not so hot weather, the grass is fine. With the upper 80s to low 90s coming, rain chances look low until we get towards Thurs or Friday of next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got to 89 at both CVG and DAY today.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:15 pm Last measurable rain for myself and CVG was on 7/17. Thanks to the not so hot weather, the grass is fine. With the upper 80s to low 90s coming, rain chances look low until we get towards Thurs or Friday of next week.
Same here - got missed this morning and today so back to the dominating dome! LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

4 possible contest days coming up... let's see how CVG does. 90+ looking possible today thru perhaps Thurs before we cool down back to below avg readings.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

After the above normal temps this week (by about 5 degrees on avg lol), we're back to below normals temps to end July and start Aug. Like highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s for the first week of Aug? I am seeing that in some of the data right now. We'll see if that can hold. Awfully tough to do in early Aug, but when the overall pattern has not changed much since February really, this is what can happen.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Welcome back Les. We are seeing some heat advisories to our west in the central plains which is really the first time all summer which is wild. Some of that heat will head eastward but it will be the higher dews that will make it feel hotter. I see some of those temps in the long term but not sold yet but would be nice if they would occur.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Tim! We are on the edge of the big heat and once the trough takes hold in about 5-6 days from now, it'll put the big heat to rest for a while once again.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Very nice video by Brian this morning . He mentioned that 3 days in a row at 90 or above is considered a heat wave by the NWS. That makes no sense and again we have talked about this before but I never hear of a cold wave in the winter when temps don't get above 35 for 3 days. Back to the weather and no doubt the smoke has kept temps down a degree or two the last several days and we talked about that on this forum. Models are very warm later this week but again in my backyard the vegetation is like mid-late May and going to be hard to see the temps the models show for my backyard. There are places where the rain as been lighter and the ground is somewhat drier so mid-90's have a chance. I agree that starting Friday a stormier pattern is possible once again and if the heat is intense to our southwest then the chances for strong to even severe storms may be on the uptick. Not an tornado signature but heavy rains,strong winds are the most likely items to occur.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Looks like if the frontal timing holds... severe wx will be tough due to poor timing but the set up for severe wx for most of the spring and summer has been poor.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 am Looks like if the frontal timing holds... severe wx will be tough due to poor timing but the set up for severe wx for most of the spring and summer has been poor.
Interesting Les. I believe the front is going to end up stalling to our southwest later on Friday. Then I believe we see an mcs develop each evening for a few days and this is where the severe could end up happening. We will no doubt be in the middle between the hot and humid air to the southwest and the nicer brand of air to the northeast. That kind of setup during late July and early August usually means we end up with temps just a shade below normal for daytime highs but nighttime lows near normal. Could be a wet period from Friday through next Tuesday if that front decides to stay in place. Heading into August the dry season really kicks in and we probably average .75 a week so one nice thunderstorm or a complex overnight can get the totals near that with no problem.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm not sure yet Tim if we'll be on the MCS Train or does the front sink far enough south where we are cool and dry. It's going to go one way or the other that is for sure.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page