BBQ / Smoker / Deep Frying Thread

Share your recipes and cooking techniques. Whether you grill, use a smoker, or deep fry. We've got it all here to make your mouth water!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: BBQ / Smoker / Deep Frying Thread

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:54 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:46 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:39 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:43 am I'm going to be smoking two pork butts for my fireworks party this year. I will be smoking them on Thurs of next week. I will be injecting them with apple juice and some spices, such as salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Then, I will be applying my rub which will consist of brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion and garlic power, a little paprika, and a little chili powder. I will run the smoker around 250-275 degree range. I'll leave the butts uncovered for the first 3 or 4 hours until I get the desired color that I want (bark). Then, I will add a little more apple juice to the pan and will spritz them with some apple cider vinegar before wrapping it all in foil to get the meat nice and tender! Once the internal temp gets up to the 190-195 degree range, I will pull the meat from the smoker and let it rest for an hour or so. Then, it'll be time to shred it for pulled pork sandwiches for the party. :) This is my typical process and there usually aren't any leftovers! :lol: A buddy I work with is supposed to be bringing smoked chicken legs too!

The day of the party, I'll be grilling some all beef hot dogs, brats, and jalapeno cheese filled hot dogs. My Mom will be making the sides such as potato salad, mac n cheese, a fruit tray, cole slaw and cookies. Should be plenty of food for all! We are expecting around 30 people give or take. My neighbors will be having people over to their respective houses as well. :)
Sounds wonderful Bro! 8-)

Does your Mom e.g. use a Marzetti, mayo, or horseradish base dressing in the slaw? :)
She makes her own dressing Bro with Hellman's Mayo, sugar, and vinegar.
Sounds great! :)
It is! She is able to find the right balance of sweetness from the sugar and the bitterness you get from the vinegar. Take a scoop of that overtop of my pulled pork from the smoker and you've got a darn nice sandwich! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page