August 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: August 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

tpweather wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:52 pm Looks like the low pressure off to our northeast is trying to throw a few showers back this way from central Ohio. Again these will be scattered and light but I got a shower last night that lasted 10 minutes so never say never to a brief shower.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Decent cell SW of CMH too. Coverage on radar isn't too shabby, more then I expected.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! Mid 80s possible today so another very nice day out there! We are still looking at low rain chances Sat, high chances Sun and Monday with lingering action thereafter as we head into next week. Pretty easy forecast when the guidance has been in such good agreement.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Dang, where's the daylight hours going?

Forecast Looks good to me Les, I think Saturday gives us the normal August 3 H's.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:42 am Dang, where's the daylight hours going?

Forecast Looks good to me Les, I think Saturday gives us the normal August 3 H's.
Last 8:30pm sunset tonight :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Cincy loses 1 hour and 6 minutes of daylight during August or about 2 minutes each day if this site is correct. :)

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/cincinnati-oh
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:17 am Cincy loses 1 hour and 6 minutes of daylight during August or about 2 minutes each day if this site is correct. :)

https://sunrise-sunset.org/us/cincinnati-oh
It sounds about right to me, Mike. I'm noticing about 2-3 mins a day as well when looking at the sunrise and sunset times on the ILN climate report for CVG.

SUNRISE AND SUNSET
AUGUST 18 2022........SUNRISE 6:55 AM EDT SUNSET 8:30 PM EDT
AUGUST 19 2022........SUNRISE 6:56 AM EDT SUNSET 8:28 PM EDT
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

LAtest JMA keeps a fairly wet pattern going for much of September. Keeps the monsoon season going in the southwest and rockies, along with wetness for Texas up through the OV into the NE. Looks to me like it keeps any major tropical systems away from US mainland for the rest of August. Then for Sept. that looks to change as the SE coast is added to the favorable precip area. The heat Dome has also disappeared from the middle of the country, keeping that mostly in the NW
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:40 am LAtest JMA keeps a fairly wet pattern going for much of September. Keeps the monsoon season going in the southwest and rockies, along with wetness for Texas up through the OV into the NE. Looks to me like it keeps any major tropical systems away from US mainland for the rest of August. Then for Sept. that looks to change as the SE coast is added to the favorable precip area. The heat Dome has also disappeared from the middle of the country, keeping that mostly in the NW
I'll buy it. Sounds very logical to me in terms of where we are headed. Certainly a more autumnal like pattern is going to be settling in down the road. More +PNA likely with the trough over the eastern US. Would love to see this type of look continuing into the winter, but for now, Fall is def coming based on this. MJO is in the neutral circle currently but it expected to come out in Phase 2 later this month or early Sept so if correct, another sign that the tropical Atlantic will be waking up.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:40 am LAtest JMA keeps a fairly wet pattern going for much of September. Keeps the monsoon season going in the southwest and rockies, along with wetness for Texas up through the OV into the NE. Looks to me like it keeps any major tropical systems away from US mainland for the rest of August. Then for Sept. that looks to change as the SE coast is added to the favorable precip area. The heat Dome has also disappeared from the middle of the country, keeping that mostly in the NW
Could not agree more. This will also keep a damper on any return of 90's. Sure we can get one day here and there especially ahead of a cold front but any long term 90's are finished until at least next May.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:01 am
Could not agree more. This will also keep a damper on any return of 90's. Sure we can get one day here and there especially ahead of a cold front but any long term 90's are finished until at least next May.
Totally agree with this....
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The only major change from the 12Z GFS today was to bring in the rain Sunday but move it out by Monday. so if correct, early next week might be dry versus the lingering action I talked about earlier. The main constant is a wet Sunday.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12z Euro has spotty coverage Sat, likely coverage Sun then back to spotty again for Mon and Tues of next week. That is a little slower then the GFS's timing but one that certainly makes sense.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Such a beautiful day. Such a beautiful Mid-August week. In fact , my in-house B'goney climate model says this week is historical if not biblical, as it shows this is a 1 in 10,000 year weather event. Hope everyone has taken advantage!!!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:31 pm Such a beautiful day. Such a beautiful Mid-August week. In fact , my in-house B'goney climate model says this week is historical if not biblical, as it shows this is a 1 in 10,000 year weather event. Hope everyone has taken advantage!!!!
:lol: - Great post! It is a nice day and I'll probably mow after work today. Looks like dews have mixed out again into the U50s with a light NE wind. Just about perfect for mid Aug standards as you said.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

A beaut of a day and week for having had our shrubs trimmed and yard mowed. :) Thank you Matt and Justin! :)

Currently 79 here in G'ville. :sunny:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

This could change since its 2 weeks out but the GFS is starting to indicate a wet and potentially cool Labor Day weekend. Again, the timing and such will change, but the signs of Fall we keep talking about continue to show up on guidance.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

SE Texas putting a big dent in their drought tonight

myanimation.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Happy Friday all! Mid 80s today and tomorrow with the rain chances also starting tomorrow afternoon. Sunday still the best day for everyone. We also have a marginal risk for severe wx on Sat for Cincy on north. Then most everyone else is included on Sunday.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day3otlk.html
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My low was 60 this morning. A lot of you outside of town I am sure dropped into the 50s. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Based on the overnight guidance, no changes really to the ongoing forecast guys. Chance POPS late Sat. likely on Sunday then lingering action Monday and we should be dry for a bit after that, Like usual, some folks won't see much, and others will get an inch plus. Hopefully everyone can get a nice avg of a half inch. :) Temp wise, mainly the 80s mid 80s and below so near normal to below as we have been seeing. Not much change there. Still believe that the 90s are done for the season and upper 80s at most would be all we see.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:45 am My low was 60 this morning. A lot of you outside of town I am sure dropped into the 50s. :)
58 at home