August 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Re: August 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:34 pm High of 84 here today with 0.15" of rain. CVG 0.15" today as well and 86.
Amazingly Les I almost caught up to you with a downpour a bit earlier. 0.12” in my hood while a few blocks down the road a friend of mine had nearly 0.60”! (He lives in the non-dome section of town LOL).
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:31 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:34 pm High of 84 here today with 0.15" of rain. CVG 0.15" today as well and 86.
Amazingly Les I almost caught up to you with a downpour a bit earlier. 0.12” in my hood while a few blocks down the road a friend of mine had nearly 0.60”!
Good deal! Not awesome, but like my Grandma always said, Better then a zero!® Unfortunately, I only see isolated chances until mid to late next week. Mid 80s tomorrow 88-92 Sat thru mid to late next week sometime is my call.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Good to hear, Les and Mike, that your areas picked up some, too! :thumbupright:

Prayerfully my gauge will get at least something near substantial next week. ;)

I hope that energy from Henri and its rains don't somehow lessen the chances here in the OV.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:12 pm Good to hear, Les and Mike, that your areas picked up some, too! :thumbupright:

Prayerfully my gauge will get at least something near substantial next week. ;)

I hope that energy from Henri and its rains don't somehow lessen the chances here in the OV.
Exactly...we're on the backside so I don't expect much until a cold front comes. I've been thinking mid to late next week but it could be delayed until next weekend honestly due to Henri. The front can pass and the Bermuda high retrogrades again after the tropics get out of the way.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good Fri morning to you all! No changes to the call. After the foggy start, sunshine and the mid 80s today, humid. U80s to around 90 Sat thru the middle of next week. For POPS, not much in my opinion until we get towards the middle and end of next week. Again, due to Henri, the front is probably going to hold off until the following weekend then we cool down. So 8/25 is now 8/28 for the cooler weather timing.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just a quick check of the Tellies... AO / NAO are negative to close Aug and start Sept. PNA is negative right now rising towards neutral, perhaps weakly positive. MJO in Phase 2 looking to go back into the C of D. Some guidance has it coming back out into the colder phases again. Models vary on this as you would expect. What that tells me, is aside from the tropics keeping us warm and humid from time to time, when the tropics aren't firing up, we're back to the trough over us pattern again. Won't see it this next week thanks to the tropics, but it should be back as I said by next weekend should the current timing be correct.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:35 am Just a quick check of the Tellies... AO / NAO are negative to close Aug and start Sept. PNA is negative right now rising towards neutral, perhaps weakly positive. MJO in Phase 2 looking to go back into the C of D. Some guidance has it coming back out into the colder phases again. Models vary on this as you would expect. What that tells me, is aside from the tropics keeping us warm and humid from time to time, when the tropics aren't firing up, we're back to the trough over us pattern again. Won't see it this next week thanks to the tropics, but it should be back as I said by next weekend should the current timing be correct.
Good Morning Les and a great post. I agree and this will at least give us a few cool shots over the next few weeks. Like you mentioned we will get warmer and muggier when the tropics are active but nothing unusual and normally to see hot spells in late August and September is a dry and hot spell and see nothing like that at all. Heading home on Sunday and though it will be nice and toasty when I get back it's nothing like the tropical feel down here in Greenville. Only 22 months left and Greenville will be in my rear view mirror. When I get back will be working on my daughters house but that is so much easier since its in the local area.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim and thanks! :) Safe travels this weekend my friend. Agree with you about the warmth. We're only avg like 5 degrees above normal thru this next stretch and that isn't a huge deal at all. The humidity is what makes it so uncomfortable but it comes with the territory. Fall is just around the corner and we'll just have to see how long the tropical season lasts. If it quits early, we'll get cold early.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So didn't expect this - nice big downpour just popped overhead!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:19 pm So didn't expect this - nice big downpour just popped overhead!
Awesome! How much?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:47 pm
Awesome! How much?
0.03" LOL It sounded a lot more than that, but it IS the dome :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Looks like another cell trying to organize to my east in the Dayton Mall area.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:51 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:47 pm
Awesome! How much?
0.03" LOL It sounded a lot more than that, but it IS the dome :)
Damn! On the upside 87 at CVG so can we squeak out a contest day and get 89'ed?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 now...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

It's Football Friday Night. Hope no more storms pop up. I don't want any lightning delays. :) Even though I retired from being on the chain gang, I got called back into action because they are short handed. :( Good news, is that is has been dry here for the past couple of days. :) Give things a chance to dry out a little.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:50 pm It's Football Friday Night. Hope no more storms pop up. I don't want any lightning delays. :) Even though I retired from being on the chain gang, I got called back into action because they are short handed. :( Good news, is that is has been dry here for the past couple of days. :) Give things a chance to dry out a little.
Most of the isolated pop up's are along the I-75 Corridor from Dayton N to Wapakoneta at the present time.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:56 pm
young pup wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:50 pm It's Football Friday Night. Hope no more storms pop up. I don't want any lightning delays. :) Even though I retired from being on the chain gang, I got called back into action because they are short handed. :( Good news, is that is has been dry here for the past couple of days. :) Give things a chance to dry out a little.
Most of the isolated pop up's are along the I-75 Corridor from Dayton N to Wapakoneta at the present time.
Yes sir, I am keeping my eye on that. My luck one will blow up overhead here. LOL Thanks.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:48 pm88 now...
89 now :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:57 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:56 pm
Yes sir, I am keeping my eye on that. My luck one will blow up overhead here. LOL Thanks.
No problem, JP! Glad you had a nice vacation as well. Saw your pics on FB. ;) Awesome time! Time to focus on our season my friend, that is coming up.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:42 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:48 pm88 now...
89 now :)
Another 89'ed it is per the 5pm climate report. We're starting to rack those up. Lot of opportunities ahead thanks to the tropics.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and another hot and steamy day here in Greenville. One thing I have noticed is how the models will change every day on the extended forecasts. This always happens when there is a tropical system that can affect folks east of the Mississippi River in the next 3-5 days. One day it shows below normal and the next above. Unless we have another tropical system after Henri then I would expect a decent shot of nice weather by next weekend. Just cant' make an extended forecast by only going on the daily changes you see in the models.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:15 pm Good Afternoon and another hot and steamy day here in Greenville. One thing I have noticed is how the models will change every day on the extended forecasts. This always happens when there is a tropical system that can affect folks east of the Mississippi River in the next 3-5 days. One day it shows below normal and the next above. Unless we have another tropical system after Henri then I would expect a decent shot of nice weather by next weekend. Just cant' make an extended forecast by only going on the daily changes you see in the models.
Hey Tim... I don't remember if you posted this or not. But how much did you get from Fred down there? Thanks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:17 pm
tpweather wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:15 pm Good Afternoon and another hot and steamy day here in Greenville. One thing I have noticed is how the models will change every day on the extended forecasts. This always happens when there is a tropical system that can affect folks east of the Mississippi River in the next 3-5 days. One day it shows below normal and the next above. Unless we have another tropical system after Henri then I would expect a decent shot of nice weather by next weekend. Just cant' make an extended forecast by only going on the daily changes you see in the models.
Hey Tim... I don't remember if you posted this or not. But how much did you get from Fred down there? Thanks.
Hey Les and only a little over 2 inches but the mountains to the north got hammered
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:19 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:17 pm
Hey Les and only a little over 2 inches but the mountains to the north got hammered
Thanks! Models def over did it for you then. I figured that. Was wanting verification lol Euro was terrible for your hood. Sheesh! Anyway, Henri's got its eyes set on New England and we are hot and humid for the next week and some change while we watch it on the sidelines. That's our story.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

88 for my high today. CVG seems to always run 1-2 degrees, and on rare occasions, 3 degrees hotter then me. :lol: I blame it on Elton John. B-B-B-Bennie and the JETSssssssss :lol:

*Paging my good friend, one of my best friends, Trev* :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page