November 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MJSun
Thunder Storm

Re: November 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by MJSun »

The snow was so pretty this weekend! We took our kids and a friend to Great Wolf Lodge for our eldests' birthday and it was surreal inside in swimsuits looking at snow outside. :)
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MJSun wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:50 am The snow was so pretty this weekend! We took our kids and a friend to Great Wolf Lodge for our eldests' birthday and it was surreal inside in swimsuits looking at snow outside. :)
Awesome MJ! Nice to see you posting again too! :thumbsup: Glad to see a lot of folks coming back.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

westharrisonwx
Rain Shower

Post by westharrisonwx »

Out here in SE IN, I had a nice covering on the lawn and rooftops yesterday morning. We were right on the line of something and nothing. I was at 33 and snow, but as I went down the hill into Harrison it was 36 and light rain. Crazy how the slight elevation changes out my way make such a difference.

Looking forward to the potential the EPS has been showing for the last few days.
dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

I'm seeing some very light flurries out here in Richmond, Indiana. The radar looks a little impressive, but with all the dry air only a few flakes are making it to the ground.
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just cloudy and overcast down here... but that's fine. Need things to dry out so I can grind leaves before the Wed night into Thurs rain.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I found this graphic that Brad M. posted on Local 12. As we all know, CVG got 0.1" on 11/14 for our first measurable snow of the year. Here's how the last few years have stacked up for first snow as well as our avg date of the first snow.

CVG First Snows.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z EPS Still looking good post Thanksgiving. +PNA, -EPO, -NAO - Kind of a winter weather snow weenie's dream lol

EPS.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I hit 43 today. Light rain now falling and down to 37. A nasty evening. I wish it was frozen precip at this rate lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG is reporting light snow as of 5pm but I was just outside and it's all liquid here. I am 3 miles S of CVG. Temp down to 36 imby right now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

AFD from the boys on this evening's action:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...
A fast-moving mid level disturbance will quickly pass
east/southeast across the region late this afternoon into the
early morning hours of Tuesday. Moist, warm ascent in
association with a modest low level jet (isentropic lift) is
expected to result in a period of light rain and snow, with the
best chance occurring north of the Ohio River. Precipitation
will be mainly rain before ending along and south of the Ohio
River. Meanwhile, north of the Ohio River, precipitation should
be mainly snow, but could start out briefly as rain. Snow
accumulations will be a half inch or less and should be
relegated to grassy and elevated surfaces as pavement
temperatures remain above freezing while the pcpn occurs.

The precipitation will eventually weaken as isentropic lift
weakens, and it will most likely dissipate as it tries to exit
our eastern zones during the early morning hours of Tuesday.

Lows will drop into the lower to mid 30s.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

tron777 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:28 am
MJSun wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:50 am The snow was so pretty this weekend! We took our kids and a friend to Great Wolf Lodge for our eldests' birthday and it was surreal inside in swimsuits looking at snow outside. :)
Awesome MJ! Nice to see you posting again too! :thumbsup: Glad to see a lot of folks coming back.
Just been crazy at work. 🤘 Happy to be here.
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Snowing lightly again. Can't remember the last time it snowed on three consecutive days in November! Might have to go all the way back to the 70's.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Most of the action now appears to be N of the river. I-70 Crew have been the main beneficiaries again as you would expect in this set up. Any accumulations at all guys?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:21 pm Most of the action now appears to be N of the river. I-70 Crew have been the main beneficiaries again as you would expect in this set up. Any accumulations at all guys?
No accumulations here.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Snowed lightly for a couple hours but no accumulation.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:21 pm Most of the action now appears to be N of the river. I-70 Crew have been the main beneficiaries again as you would expect in this set up. Any accumulations at all guys?
No accumulation here either.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks guys! Was just curious. ;) Good morning to you all! A nice day today and very warm tomorrow (although breezy) before rain comes in Wed evening thru Thurs. Then temps drop again. Fri and Sat look dry with rain coming back in on Sunday perhaps mixing with or changing over to some snow on Mon of next week. The week of Thanksgiving looks colder then normal and also active. Will Charles over in PA get a big East Coast storm or will that storm develop further to the west? EPO, NAO, AO all look to be negative with a +PNA. Should be fun to track the weather for Thanksgiving Week. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

http://www.energyglobalnews.com/20-vess ... sea-route/

The captains of these vessels need to get their ice reports from a different source than the one they are apparently using
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

arctic.ice_.211108-1500x1061.jpeg
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

FEKzA77UYAgldp_ (1).jpeg
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Love seeing the ice coverage! Canada is a little behind with regards to Hudson's Bay, but the arctic itself is looking wonderful!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Been busy today folks... work always kicks my butt but had to grind up a ton of leaves before the wind for tomorrow comes and the next rainy system for Thurs. I think I have one more for the season once some of the oaks let loose, then after that I'll burn 'em. :lol: Almost done for the season. :) A pretty day today with the lack of wind. My high was 58 degrees. Should be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow but it'll be windy with winds gusting 30-35 mph. The wind will pick up a little overnight and increase tomorrow ahead of our Wed night and Thurs rain maker. Temps will then drop of course after that.

Dry Fri and Sat. We're still looking at rain coming back in by Sun afternoon and changing to a little snow before ending on Monday. Temps will drop as well. We may not get out of the 30s for highs by Mon afternoon and Tues of next week. We'll have to wait and see the storm evolution for next week before and then again after Thanksgiving. Busy times ahead and lots of chances for cold air to work in. I don't see any snow storms yet but a lot of rain to snow situations IMO. That's all you can really ask for in November! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:10 pm Been busy today folks... work always kicks my butt but had to grind up a ton of leaves before the wind for tomorrow comes and the next rainy system for Thurs. I think I have one more for the season once some of the oaks let loose, then after that I'll burn 'em. :lol: Almost done for the season. :) A pretty day today with the lack of wind. My high was 58 degrees. Should be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow but it'll be windy with winds gusting 30-35 mph. The wind will pick up a little overnight and increase tomorrow ahead of our Wed night and Thurs rain maker. Temps will then drop of course after that.

Dry Fri and Sat. We're still looking at rain coming back in by Sun afternoon and changing to a little snow before ending on Monday. Temps will drop as well. We may not get out of the 30s for highs by Mon afternoon and Tues of next week. We'll have to wait and see the storm evolution for next week before and then again after Thanksgiving. Busy times ahead and lots of chances for cold air to work in. I don't see any snow storms yet but a lot of rain to snow situations IMO. That's all you can really ask for in November! :lol:
Same here Les, busy.

Agree , with your assessment. We're in the same pattern still since late October. As we mentioned last week, 3-5 days of alternating slightly above and below Temps. Yes, we've seen some nice 500mb maps in the EPO/PNA zones on the models but those are one or at most 2 day snapshots that don't last and then repeat, hence our pattern. The troughs along the NWPac coast have beaten down the ridge every time, And it certainly looks to continue through the end of November , however, if we can keep this pattern going into December I think it would then pay off with better snow chances because of that expanding snowpack in Canada
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:40 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:10 pm Been busy today folks... work always kicks my butt but had to grind up a ton of leaves before the wind for tomorrow comes and the next rainy system for Thurs. I think I have one more for the season once some of the oaks let loose, then after that I'll burn 'em. :lol: Almost done for the season. :) A pretty day today with the lack of wind. My high was 58 degrees. Should be about 10 degrees warmer tomorrow but it'll be windy with winds gusting 30-35 mph. The wind will pick up a little overnight and increase tomorrow ahead of our Wed night and Thurs rain maker. Temps will then drop of course after that.

Same here Les, busy.

Agree , with your assessment. We're in the same pattern still since late October. As we mentioned last week, 3-5 days of alternating slightly above and below Temps. Yes, we've seen some nice 500mb maps in the EPO/PNA zones on the models but those are one or at most 2 day snapshots that don't last and then repeat, hence our pattern. The troughs along the NWPac coast have beaten down the ridge every time, And it certainly looks to continue through the end of November , however, if we can keep this pattern going into December I think it would then pay off with better snow chances because of that expanding snowpack in Canada
I'm sure you saw the Euro / EPS at Day 10 (Black Friday). A snow signal for us but it's Day 10 so we lol of course at it right now. Anyway, I agree with you. Get that snowpack laid down and we should have some fun come December should the blocking continue. I don't see why it won't. If it gets established as strong as the Euro / EPS have shown for the last several days then we should be good to go in that regard. I think our patience should pay off down the road. We're on the same page here for sure. We only need Tim for the Trifecta but he's golfing in Hilton Head right now I believe. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page