May 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
Trevor
Site Admin

Re: May 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by Trevor »

God awful Saturday per the GFS. This heat miser does not approve :lol:
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

0.34" was my final total for today and CVG ended up with 0.42".
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:06 pm God awful Saturday per the GFS. This heat miser does not approve :lol:
Gotta love LATE MAY backside upper troughs! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

0.30” was my final total
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Quite a bit of dense fog in my hood this morning
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

WxMom
Rain Shower

Post by WxMom »

Picked up 0.39" for the day yesterday imby. Happy with that! Will see what tomorrow brings!
Gina

"Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Dense fog also here... an advisory is in effect until 9am as a result of yesterdays rains and clear skies overnight. Sunshine eventually will rule with temps in the low to mid 80s then we'll get wet again tomorrow, turn cold for Saturday then begin a nice rebound with pleasant temps and humidity going into next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Vis at CVG is at a 1/4 mile the last couple of hours. In River Valleys, it is probably much worse. Be careful going to work this morning folks!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and nice and foggy this morning. Like Les mentioned it should burn off and a nice warm afternoon with plenty of sun. How much rain do we get from late this evening through noon on Saturday is not an easy question. Would be nice to get .5-1inch and some folks should get that amount but depending on timing some folks may get less and if your lucky over the 1 inch amount. Saturday looks rather gloomy and some showers could linger until about noon and my guess afternoon highs a few degrees either side of 60 so it will seem more like a late March day. Sunday and Monday looks great with sunshine but temps will be below normal but not bad days at all. Return to a stormier pattern next week and lets hope we can end up with amounts in the 1-2 inch total by next Friday. No heat in the near term and I do expect June to be the close to normal in terms of temps compared to July and August which could be a couple of hot months but rainfall in June can help ease that somewhat.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:01 am Good Morning and nice and foggy this morning. Like Les mentioned it should burn off and a nice warm afternoon with plenty of sun. How much rain do we get from late this evening through noon on Saturday is not an easy question. Would be nice to get .5-1inch and some folks should get that amount but depending on timing some folks may get less and if your lucky over the 1 inch amount. Saturday looks rather gloomy and some showers could linger until about noon and my guess afternoon highs a few degrees either side of 60 so it will seem more like a late March day. Sunday and Monday looks great with sunshine but temps will be below normal but not bad days at all. Return to a stormier pattern next week and lets hope we can end up with amounts in the 1-2 inch total by next Friday. No heat in the near term and I do expect June to be the close to normal in terms of temps compared to July and August which could be a couple of hot months but rainfall in June can help ease that somewhat.
Great post Tim! I think the first week or so of June will avg cooler then normal. We'll see when the heat makes a rebound.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tron777 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:14 am For Sat 5/29, the record cold high at CVG is 54 degrees set back in 1984 so that is going to be a tough one to beat.
Any sun breaks on Sat and no. But if the clouds hang tough and drizzle lasts into the afternoon then yes... a shot at this record is possible. :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:46 am
tron777 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:14 am For Sat 5/29, the record cold high at CVG is 54 degrees set back in 1984 so that is going to be a tough one to beat.
Any sun breaks on Sat and no. But if the clouds hang tough and drizzle lasts into the afternoon then yes... a shot at this record is possible. :o
Les also what will the temp be at 1201am
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 am
Yes... I forgot about that aspect of it too. Good call! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

0.63" at CVG tomorrow from the 12Z NAM.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS has 0.82" and the 12Z Euro has 0.46" at CVG
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

I think there’s a real shot we’ll come close or even break that record.

I’m surprised I could even type that out. :cussingblack:
Silverton, OH

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

tron777 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:09 am
tpweather wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:08 am
Yes... I forgot about that aspect of it too. Good call! :thumbsup:
For statistical purposes, you are correct. Dang it! Either way most of the daylight hours are looking to be tough on Saturday. Lower 50s. Ugh.
Silverton, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hey AV Gang! 8-) I'm back after a wonderful trip up to Shipshewana, IN as my folks and myself soaked in a lot of interesting Amish atmosphere! :)

Currently 73 with some shower activity here in Greenville.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Trevor wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:06 pm God awful Saturday per the GFS. This heat miser does not approve :lol:
Same here, Trevbuddy! :thumbup: Ma Nature needs to make up her mind on whether she's moving forward or backward. :lol:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Scattered showers throughout the day until about 8pm+-. Won't see uniform coverage like with Wednesdays solid line. .20-.75" in general. And of course we get a major cool down for the official start of summer holiday weekend, with Monday resembling a semi summer day.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Russia Russia Russia. I'm Sure the MSM is playing up russia's heat wave. But like middle child Jan, record cold gets no love. EU is slowly coming out of a 2 month record smashing cold and snowy spell. But of course thats just an anomaly and Russia is the real deal. I'm sure there is no explanation as to the whys , ie the MJO (EU and our cold) , Russia warmth (MJO and the cyclone that hit India giving them record cold temps for a bit while displacing the hot air into russia.) We have to always pretend there is only one reason for our weather happenings with no science attached.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good Friday morning to you all! Love the overnight posting and early morning posts that I get to read each day. Excellent top notch analysis on here. There is always a reason for the weather we get in our backyards and it is good to step back and look at the global picture every once and a while and Bgoney, Tim etc always does a great job when making those type of posts.

We'll have to see with the record cold high tomorrow but tonight at 12:01am will probably screw us out of that record chance even if the daytime high tomorrow were to pan out. Hope to see some rain today,. could use another 1/2" to get us back up to par.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Raining pretty hard here this morning - up to 0.19" so far.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and where is the rain? Two lows fighting with each other with one to the NW and one to the SW. We see this more often than I like but this can leave us with less rain which we could use some more. This afternoon we still have a good chance but not sure its going to be a widespread rainfall. The good thing is any rain that falls will soak in with the cooler air moving in. Saturday will look like a November day with temps in the 50's and some showers around. We get a couple of really nice days before next week storminess hopefully will move in and love to see more rainfall.