MLB 2024 Season Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: MLB 2024 Season Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:52 pm Tigers are losing 9-4 BOT 8th inning so I will chalk it up as a loss dropping 2 of 3 with the White Sox. That wraps up the regular season! We are then awaiting the play off schedule from MLB once all of the wild card spots have been filled. I think the AL is done, it's the NL holding us up.

EDIT: 9-5 White Sox as we head to the 9th inning.
I'm glad the Tigers made it to a Wild Card possibility before the lowly White Sox series. ;)

Redlegs vs Cubbies are still scoreless in their last game of the season now in the 10th inning. :lol:
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I hope the Reds can end the season with a win!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:30 pm I hope the Reds can end the season with a win!
They blanked the Cubbies 3-0! :)
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Redlegs took 2 of 3 vs the Cubs as they blanked 'em 3-0! :)

Cincy finished the 2024 Season at:

77 / 85

Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The Tigers will face Houston in the AL Wild Card round. Game 1 is this Tuesday at 2:30pm on ABC. AJ Hinch will face his former team and the question for me is, when will they face the former Tiger Ace, Verlander?

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers- ... ng-matchup
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:(

He should have been in the HOF years ago!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:56 pm :(

So should Denny McLain for the Tigers. He won 31 games in 1968 and no pitcher has come close since, and never will.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Sad day and to me the most exciting player ever to play the game. His passion was there every day and its sad of what happen with the gambling especially since every other commercial deals with a gambling site.I had 2 hero's growing up as a kid with one being Tony Sands and the other Pete Rose. I wish he would have been able to manage after 1989 because his knowledge of the game unbelievable. I was very lucky to see the Big Red Machine and compared it some of earlier Yankees team with all the great players. Dinner tonight will be a hot dog and beer watching one of the baseball playoff games.RIP
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:17 am

Sad day and to me the most exciting player ever to play the game. His passion was there every day and its sad of what happen with the gambling especially since every other commercial deals with a gambling site.I had 2 hero's growing up as a kid with one being Tony Sands and the other Pete Rose. I wish he would have been able to manage after 1989 because his knowledge of the game unbelievable. I was very lucky to see the Big Red Machine and compared it some of earlier Yankees team with all the great players. Dinner tonight will be a hot dog and beer watching one of the baseball playoff games.RIP
Hi Tim,

I always loved Tony Sands and Pete Rose, too. Also Ira Joe Fisher with his talent of drawing and writing backwards via a white marker on a plexiglass weather map board. I remember when Pete had returned to the Reds as a player-manager and Ira Joe drew a likeness of Pete's backside in uniform with a famous hairstyle of his and said "Pete's Back!" :) I'll always cherish those years 1975-1976, too, as it was so very cool seeing our beloved team take down both the Red Sox and Athletics!! 8-) I never liked Bart Giamatti after what he did to Pete and its very sad that MLB in general tried to make Rose into a pariah because of his gambling problem. Was sad to see Pete locked up in that federal prison in Marion, IL like a serial killer. Some other MLB players have made it into Cooperstown despite infractions that they've committed! Pete never took playing performance-enhancing drugs or abused alcohol e.g. I truly hope that this year's postseason is one where Les's Tigers GO ALL THE WAY!! 8-)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:55 am

Hi Tim,

I always loved Tony Sands and Pete Rose, too. Also Ira Joe Fisher with his talent of drawing and writing backwards via a white marker on a plexiglass weather map board. I remember when Pete had returned to the Reds as a player-manager and Ira Joe drew a likeness of Pete's backside in uniform with a famous hairstyle of his and said "Pete's Back!" :) I'll always cherish those years 1975-1976, too, as it was so very cool seeing our beloved team take down both the Red Sox and Athletics!! 8-) I never liked Bart Giamatti after what he did to Pete and its very sad that MLB in general tried to make Rose into a pariah because of his gambling problem. Was sad to see Pete locked up in that federal prison in Marion, IL like a serial killer. Some other MLB players have made it into Cooperstown despite infractions that they've committed! Pete never took performance-enhancing drugs or abused alcohol e.g. I truly hope that this year's postseason is one where Les's Tigers GO ALL THE WAY!! 8-)
Hey Eric and great post. I believe the Reds beat the Red Sox in 1975 which was one of the most exciting World Series of all time. 1976 they beat the Yankees in 4 straight. They lost to Baltimore in 1970 and the Athletics in 1972. During the mid 70's of course the Red's had one of the all time teams but the Dodgers were probably the best team besides the Reds.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks Eric! Wouldn't that be something? They are such a young team too so watch out for the Tigers IMO for the next few seasons. :) 2:30 pm on ABC today Game 1. Lets go!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:14 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:55 am

Hi Tim,

I always loved Tony Sands and Pete Rose, too. Also Ira Joe Fisher with his talent of drawing and writing backwards via a white marker on a plexiglass weather map board. I remember when Pete had returned to the Reds as a player-manager and Ira Joe drew a likeness of Pete's backside in uniform with a famous hairstyle of his and said "Pete's Back!" :) I'll always cherish those years 1975-1976, too, as it was so very cool seeing our beloved team take down both the Red Sox and Athletics!! 8-) I never liked Bart Giamatti after what he did to Pete and its very sad that MLB in general tried to make Rose into a pariah because of his gambling problem. Was sad to see Pete locked up in that federal prison in Marion, IL like a serial killer. Some other MLB players have made it into Cooperstown despite infractions that they've committed! Pete never took performance-enhancing drugs or abused alcohol e.g. I truly hope that this year's postseason is one where Les's Tigers GO ALL THE WAY!! 8-)
Hey Eric and great post. I believe the Reds beat the Red Sox in 1975 which was one of the most exciting World Series of all time. 1976 they beat the Yankees in 4 straight. They lost to Baltimore in 1970 and the Athletics in 1972. During the mid 70's of course the Red's had one of the all time teams but the Dodgers were probably the best team besides the Reds.
Thank you bro as I had a team name right but just a wrong year. :) The Reds had beaten the Yankees in that WS just one year before Reggie "Mr. October" Jackson joined the Bronx Bombers. 8-) When I resided in southeast NY state for 2 1/2 years I went with some friends to a Yankees game at the former Yankee Stadium and they beat the Orioles on an unseasonably cool June 1988 night. Billy "Billy Ball" Martin was manager at the time and Don Mattingly, Willie Randolph, Ron Guidry, Dave Righetti, Joe Niekro, Tommy John, Dave Winfield, and Rickey Henderson e.g. etc. were with the team. 8-) That was the only American League game I've been to in my life. :)
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My Tigers have taken Game 1 from the Stros by a score of 3-1! :) I got worried in the 9th though lol Game 2 is at 2:30pm tomorrow on ABC with the Tiger pitcher TBD.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:36 pm My Tigers have taken Game 1 from the Stros by a score of 3-1! :) I got worried in the 9th though lol Game 2 is at 2:30pm tomorrow on ABC with the Tiger pitcher TBD.
What an exciting finish in Game 1 Bro and I thought of you and the Tigers with that Stros-bases loaded situation! ;) Tigers and their precisional performance!! 8-)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/cause-d ... OCKJ67RSA/

Pete's cause of death was determined as Hypertensive and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease with a significant condition of Diabetes Mellitus.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:49 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:36 pm My Tigers have taken Game 1 from the Stros by a score of 3-1! :) I got worried in the 9th though lol Game 2 is at 2:30pm tomorrow on ABC with the Tiger pitcher TBD.
What an exciting finish in Game 1 Bro and I thought of you and the Tigers with that Stros-bases loaded situation! ;) Tigers and their precisional performance!! 8-)
Thank you Bro! I wonder if we'll face Verlander tomorrow It wouldn't shock me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Kansas City beat Baltimore 1-0. Get into the playoffs and pitching is so key
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Mets beat the Brew Crew 8-4 and Padres blanked the Braves 4-0!
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tyler Holton will be on the mound for Detroit this afternoon. We are not facing JV, thank goodness! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers win 5-2 and advance to the ALDS! :) Game 1 against CLE is Saturday October 5th at 1:08pm. Detroit Pitcher TBD. GO TIGERS!!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:13 pm Tigers win 5-2 and advance to the ALDS! :) Game 1 against CLE is Saturday October 5th at 1:08pm. Detroit Pitcher TBD. GO TIGERS!!!!
Congrats Tigers!! 8-) Great to see Detroit finally getting to an ALDS and hopefully beyond!! :)

Got tired of seeing the Stros advance further in recent years!
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The Royals won 2-1 and swept the Orioles, too! Also the Padres won 5-4 and swept the Braves!

Brew Crew won 5-3 and tied the series 1-1 vs the Mets.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:34 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:13 pm Tigers win 5-2 and advance to the ALDS! :) Game 1 against CLE is Saturday October 5th at 1:08pm. Detroit Pitcher TBD. GO TIGERS!!!!
Congrats Tigers!! 8-) Great to see Detroit finally getting to an ALDS and hopefully beyond!! :)

The Tigers have no fear! I know the Indians are a great baseball team and will be tough to beat. Could easily go to 5 games. But I have faith in My Tigers that they will advance to the ALCS! Would love to see the Royals take out those damn Yankees! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:32 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 7:34 pm

The Tigers have no fear! I know the Indians are a great baseball team and will be tough to beat. Could easily go to 5 games. But I have faith in My Tigers that they will advance to the ALCS! Would love to see the Royals take out those damn Yankees! :lol:
I hear ya Bro and agree 1000%!! :thumbupleft:
Eric

Greenville, OH