August 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: August 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by Bgoney »

With some breaks in the clouds , noticed building cumuls to the south
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Most everything is S and SE of the Metro but I am watching to see of some of it can lift back into the NKY / Metro areas as time wears on.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Made it to Greenville with no problems. Glad to see some folks got some rainfall this morning. Under a flash flood watch starting in the morning with 2-3 inches likely but maybe some upsloping in the mountains could bring over 8 inches. The good thing is the temps are well below normal. Looks like Fred is further east than predicted the last two days or so and somewhat closer to the forecast late last week. Plenty of moisture with the system but good to see the winds are not to strong.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Glad you've made it back home Tim! Hopefully no water issues for you down there with this system! Seeing U70s and partly sunny skies here attm with any rain still just hanging out to my S and E.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 am Radar estimates showing 2-2.50" imby and just a stones throw to my east 3-4" for this morning. We'll see when I get home

Screenshot_20210816-101833_Chrome.jpg
Well, mind is blown,, checked the gauge and exactly 2.50". So radar estimates were spot on imby. There's no standing water to be found as the ground has soaked up every bit
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:55 pm
Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 am Radar estimates showing 2-2.50" imby and just a stones throw to my east 3-4" for this morning. We'll see when I get home

Screenshot_20210816-101833_Chrome.jpg
Well, mind is blown,, checked the gauge and exactly 2.50". So radar estimates were spot on imby. There's no standing water to be found as the ground has soaked up every bit
Awesome! Based on the usual people who post most often, we just need to get our I-70 folks involved and everyone should be doing well once again. 0.76" from yesterday and 0.96" from today gives me a total of 1.72" for the 2 days. CVG had 0.70" yesterday also and an additional 1.79" today so they've picked up approx 2.5.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Radar is teasing me lol

1693B36F-BBC2-4DE0-B886-97D43CC70C0F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got a tenth of an inch earlier this afternoon which is better than nothing. :thumbupright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Flood Advisory

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Wilmington OH
547 PM EDT Mon Aug 16 2021

OHC017-061-162315-
/O.NEW.KILN.FA.Y.0099.210816T2147Z-210816T2315Z/
/00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Butler OH-Hamilton OH-
547 PM EDT Mon Aug 16 2021

The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a

* Flood Advisory for...
Southeastern Butler County in southwestern Ohio...
Northwestern Hamilton County in southwestern Ohio...

* Until 715 PM EDT.

* At 547 PM EDT, radar and automated rain gauges indicated heavy
rain. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in
the advisory area. Between 1.5 and 2.5 inches of rain have fallen.

* Some locations that may experience flooding include...
Cincinnati, Hamilton, Fairfield, Forest Park, Sharonville, Blue
Ash, Springdale, Reading, North College Hill, Wyoming, Cheviot,
Mount Healthy, Finneytown, West Chester, Cleves, Taylor Creek,
Pleasant Hills, Skyline Acres, Dry Ridge, and Colerain Township.

Additional rainfall of 1 to 2 inches is expected.

&&

$$

McGinnis
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Very slow moving storms the last couple of days so they are small areas and isolated, but when you get hit, there's no messing around. :lol: West siders and Northern Tri-state posters... some of you looking good this evening! So damn close, Mike! UGH! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I guess we better be careful for what we wish for. Glad to see the rain in many areas and it looks like the further east and south over the next few days will be in the best spot for more rain. Of course to far south and east and you end up in Greenville lol. Light rain at the moment with heavier rain arriving by morning and looks to continue all day. 2-3 is what they are predicting except more in the upslopes of the mountains which could end up with over 8 inches in a few areas.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:08 pm I guess we better be careful for what we wish for. Glad to see the rain in many areas and it looks like the further east and south over the next few days will be in the best spot for more rain. Of course to far south and east and you end up in Greenville lol. Light rain at the moment with heavier rain arriving by morning and looks to continue all day. 2-3 is what they are predicting except more in the upslopes of the mountains which could end up with over 8 inches in a few areas.
18Z Euro looks very wet for you tonight, Tues and even on Wed as well. Total rainfall thru the period ending 8am Thurs morning for GSP is 3.6" :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:13 pm
tpweather wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:08 pm I guess we better be careful for what we wish for. Glad to see the rain in many areas and it looks like the further east and south over the next few days will be in the best spot for more rain. Of course to far south and east and you end up in Greenville lol. Light rain at the moment with heavier rain arriving by morning and looks to continue all day. 2-3 is what they are predicting except more in the upslopes of the mountains which could end up with over 8 inches in a few areas.
18Z Euro looks very wet for you tonight, Tues and even on Wed as well. Total rainfall thru the period ending 8am Thurs morning for GSP is 3.6" :o
Les I will try and send up some your way though my house in Edgewood is really good besides some brown spots near the street the grass is green but growing slower than earlier which is fine by me. Starting to get some info ready for the winter and never to early to prepare. I so much enjoy looking over everything and then trying to figure what may happen this winter.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:13 pm
Les I will try and send up some your way though my house in Edgewood is really good besides some brown spots near the street the grass is green but growing slower than earlier which is fine by me. Starting to get some info ready for the winter and never to early to prepare. I so much enjoy looking over everything and then trying to figure what may happen this winter.
Thanks Tim! I am very glad I got lucky yesterday and today. I'm good for the week now. :) Just hope some of our other posters can get what they need also before the weeks out. We've got that wintry thread started as you know and there is much too like about the early signals. Bad news is, it is early and much can change. :lol: Anyway you know me, I am already watching, calculating and posting about it. :thumbsup: We've turned the corner Tim and once Alaska starts seeing snow, which I posted on for you if you did not see it yet. :) Probably back on a previous page. Our Time will soon be here!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

Saw on Accuweather that snow at higher elevations in Canada just north of the border next few days.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Yeah a swing and a miss this evening for me. I did get 0.04” from last night so it was not completely uneventful today. :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Stupid ground clutter!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wxlrnr wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:30 pm Saw on Accuweather that snow at higher elevations in Canada just north of the border next few days.
Isn't it wonderful? :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning folks! Hope all can see some rain today who needs it. The best chance today and tomorrow is probably going to be our Eastern / SE counties closer to Fred, who will be tracking thru the Mountains of Eastern KY. After Fred, we are still left with a tropical air mass so a daily chance for storms continues thru this weekend. Temps will now mainly reside in the 80s thru the period.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Rooting for the 10z HRRR in the 10a-2p timeframe - while I know it won't happen, I can dream can't I? :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

So far about 1/2 inch of rain down here in Greenville. Expecting the heaviest rain to arrive between 11am-5pm. What a nasty day and at the moment just a heavy mist and waiting for the heavier rains. The mountains just like in the winter has upslope conditions which really sends some of the totals much higher. Still here I am expecting 2-3 inches total but just northwest of here those amounts should be higher.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just another cloudy and gloomy day here, No rain so far. Nice scattered area of rain along the I-71 corridor though from near Lawrenceburg, IN to CMH.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Brief ground wetter in my hood thus far. Was so fed up with not seeing rain, I took a drive over to the Dayton Mall area (3 miles away mind you)....and got to witness a downpour. Seems like the only way I will be able to do that (gotta venture outside the dome)! LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Tornado watch for my area. Tornado warning about 75 miles to the southwest. Watch is valid through 7pm. These are the kind of tornado's you get with a tropical system and though not using any higher than an f2 you they usually are rain-wrapped and not easily detected. The good thing its during the daytime so that helps somewhat in seeing a possible tornado.