March 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: March 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

I always think of that one little town in MS, Yazoo City. They've been nailed twice over the years by violent tornadoes. That same area is under the gun again today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

High and dry here on the east side
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

0.4" this morning.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Still zippo here. Overcast with brightening skies attm.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

High so far 54 - currently 53. Rainfall up to 0.50".
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Cloudy and 57 here. 0.00" for rainfall. From the looks of it, we won't see much until tonight.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Models seem locked in on a crap pattern for a while guys. Many days with clouds and drizzle or light rain. A few brief warm up's in there also. Cannot rule out a few flakes as well between now and early April. MJO did a small loop in Phase 2 and it's back over into 3 now. With the MJO expected to remain in these two phases for a while, that is a colder then avg pattern as well as an active one in a La Nina for March and April. In short, more ups and downs and gloomy wx can be expected for the next few weeks. PNA is neutral. AO and NAO are both negative rising towards neutral in early April. I'd say more cut off upper lows are also likely in this pattern. Models are showing these also. It's bowling ball season. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The 12Z Euro model would like to wish all of you with today's run, a very Happy April Fool's Day! :lol:

EuroAprilFools.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Going to be keeping tabs on Thurs 3/31 as my dad will be taking his sis for a CAT-scan of her back in Anderson, IN. Currently the forecast for that day is just showing some morning rain, so not bad at all.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mike / All, let me move some posts and create a new thread for this event, thanks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

New Thread for tomorrow's severe risk - https://www.absolutevorticity.com/viewt ... ?f=9&t=130
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

For folks in Ohio, Severe Wx Awareness Week has been moved to March 20-26th and the statewide TOR drill is Mar 23 at 9:50am.

https://www.weathersafety.ohio.gov/
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My gauge picked up .70" from yesterday into last night. :)

Currently 57 here in G'ville and progged for around 67 this afternoon if conditions permit before storms roll in.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:00 am For folks in Ohio, Severe Wx Awareness Week has been moved to March 20-26th and the statewide TOR drill is Mar 23 at 9:50am.

TOR drill has been canceled, bro. :)
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

nice to see a blocky pattern showing up as we get towards the end of the month and on into April. will be nice to have well below avg temps even if we cant get anything substantial in the snow dept.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:46 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:00 am For folks in Ohio, Severe Wx Awareness Week has been moved to March 20-26th and the statewide TOR drill is Mar 23 at 9:50am.

TOR drill has been canceled, bro. :)
Thank you Bro. That was old info on ILN's site. Not enough coffee this morning. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

After the severe threat ends (see other thread for that talk), we're back to a damp and cooler then normal pattern. Also, cannot rule out some flakes early Sat with the passage of an upper low this weekend keeping things cool. Highs on Sat will be tough to get much past 40-42 degrees. If some of you stay in the 30s, don't be surprised.

Next week, A warm front attempts to come into the region and WAA precip develops late Monday into early Tues. Perhaps some flakes or a mix changing to rain? We'll need to watch that. One nice day into the 70s possible before a cold front comes and another cut off upper low rules the pattern later next week into the following weekend. More cool and damp weather into early April expected.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up .20" from Wed for a combo .90" since Tues. :)

Currently 46 here in G'ville and progged for 42 Thurs morning.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 pm After the severe threat ends (see other thread for that talk), we're back to a damp and cooler then normal pattern. Also, cannot rule out some flakes early Sat with the passage of an upper low this weekend keeping things cool. Highs on Sat will be tough to get much past 40-42 degrees. If some of you stay in the 30s, don't be surprised.

Next week, A warm front attempts to come into the region and WAA precip develops late Monday into early Tues. Perhaps some flakes or a mix changing to rain? We'll need to watch that. One nice day into the 70s possible before a cold front comes and another cut off upper low rules the pattern later next week into the following weekend. More cool and damp weather into early April expected.
Another winter-like Saturday in-store. That temp boundary next week looks amazing, upper 30s for cvgland while Louisvilleland 70s
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:53 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 pm After the severe threat ends (see other thread for that talk), we're back to a damp and cooler then normal pattern. Also, cannot rule out some flakes early Sat with the passage of an upper low this weekend keeping things cool. Highs on Sat will be tough to get much past 40-42 degrees. If some of you stay in the 30s, don't be surprised.

Another winter-like Saturday in-store. That temp boundary next week looks amazing, upper 30s for cvgland while Louisvilleland 70s
Why couldn't this have happened in Jan or Feb where we'd have 20s here and 60s in Western KY so we'd have a nice overrunning snow storm! :lol: Wondering if some sneaky frozen precip can occur if we are cold enough before the warmth takes over next week. Doubtful we see problems if it hap[pens but I think some sleet and flakes are possible. Def possible if not likely this coming Sat morning as most know by now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

For today... mostly cloudy with a couple of showers around, not much expected today. Temps in the 50s. Then we'll slide into the 40s Fri with a few more showers around then back to winter for Sat. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:10 am
Bgoney wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:53 am

Why couldn't this have happened in Jan or Feb where we'd have 20s here and 60s in Western KY so we'd have a nice overrunning snow storm! :lol: Wondering if some sneaky frozen precip can occur if we are cold enough before the warmth takes over next week. Doubtful we see problems if it hap[pens but I think some sleet and flakes are possible. Def possible if not likely this coming Sat morning as most know by now.
Agree, I think we have multiple chances in the upcoming days to see ice pellets/graupel mix in
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I see one spring like day where the 70s are possible. We'll see if Wed continues to be that day. Otherwise, outside of a day or two coming up, in the next 10 days plus, I don't see much in the way of spring at all. More 40s and 50s then anything for highs and 30s and 40s for lows. Yes, even a few 20s showing up in the short term like Sun and Mon mornings for example. We are okay for your hardy cold weather crops, but any annuals, have to wait until after Mother's Day. I'm not seeing a lot of change for the next few weeks at all. Lots of cut off lows in the future and with the -NAO, slow moving systems too.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Early blooms like daffodils i.e. for which my folks and I have some hopefully make it through the next several days temp-wise.

Hopefully by at least Easter weekend onward a more prolonged Spring-like feel temp-wise. ;)

Currently 41 and progged to top out at around 50 later today.