April 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: April 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

I stayed in the 40s this morning, 43. 44 at CVG currently. A nice day ahead until clouds and showers move in late. Periods of rain tonight and Fri becoming more scattered this weekend. Warmest day is Sat. Progressively cooler Sun and Mon then we slowly rebound next week. 70 is possible in the extended range depending on how long it takes for the upper low to exit stage right. Rainfall amounts for tonight / Fri to me looks like Tim's idea of a half inch + so that looks good.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning Les. I believe most folks in that .5-1 inch range and this is a rather widespread light to moderate rain with almost everyone getting in on the action. April has been dry so getting a nice soaking is great. Though we are above normal in terms of rainfall so far this year its when the rain falls is the most important item and we need to continue and get around 1 inch a week is great in a perfect world.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:52 am Good Morning Les. I believe most folks in that .5-1 inch range and this is a rather widespread light to moderate rain with almost everyone getting in on the action. April has been dry so getting a nice soaking is great. Though we are above normal in terms of rainfall so far this year its when the rain falls is the most important item and we need to continue and get around 1 inch a week is great in a perfect world.
Good morning Tim! The last time LOU had over an inch of rain was like a month ago per Ryan Hoke at WAVE 3. So I looked at CVG's precip numbers and for us, the last time an inch or more of rain occurred was back on April 5th. We are only an inch down for April so not too bad. If we can muster an inch with this next system than we will virtually end April with near normal rainfall.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

NEW This Week in Weather from DT:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

62 as of 1pm at CVG. Not a bad day in progress. Feels nice outside when I got the mail at lunch and took the trash out.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 61 here in G'ville.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Light rain just started here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and ended up with .60 overnight. Most folks were near the half inch mark though some locations like Louisville got over 1 inch. Greenville,SC got over 4 inches and even some flood advisories down there. Been nearly 4 years down there and rainfall has not stopped and that continues this year. Of course that meant the humidity in the summer was even greater but it has held the summer temps down for the most part and 90-95 was a normal high and no major heat wave during the 4 years.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG picked up 0.70" as of 7am. About the same here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Rain chances for the rest of today look scattered since the main blob or WAA rains have passed with the warm front. A renewed chance late tomorrow afternoon and evening with another frontal system which cools temps further. Upper Low will linger the cool showery pattern into Tues of next week. Hoping Wed starts the slow warming trend and improving conditions. Still hopeful for 70+ by next Fri or Sat. GFS wants to keep the cool pattern going and takes longer for the upper low to leave. Euro takes the upper low out faster so we warm up faster late next week, into next weekend. So a bit of uncertainty still to be resolved.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

.60” here and another well timed needed rain agriculturally.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The biggest change in the extended is towards the end of next week / weekend. A boundary tries to ignite a new front / low pressure area that we hope can hold off until Sunday for Saturday outdoor interests and the KY Derby too. Still some uncertainty for the period. Prior to then, the ongoing forecast is on good shape. Small rain chances until Sun afternoon and evening. A dreary and cool Monday / Tues with slowly improving conditions ?Wed and Thurs. Then Fri - Weekend is ???

Before it was looking like a ridge of high pressure would build in for some 70s and nice weather. But Hold On Little Doggie.... :lol: the GFS and Euro (as well as over half of the Ensemble members) continue to show the potential of light showers for this period. Specifically, the GFS says Sunday. Euro has late Thurs, Fri, and Sat then dry.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I managed 60 today. CVG topped out at 58. Heading to my Brother's after dinner to help him finish his deck (we hope LOL) this weekend since our big bash for our folks is next Saturday the 6th.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up 1.32" from overnight / early Fri morning. :)

Currently 50 here in G'ville.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and the next 4 days is just like the last 4 days with occasional showers and maybe even a thundershower. Plenty of dry weather but murky seem correct. Most folks will probably get between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of rain unless you get under a thundershower which could add a bit more. Later next week and the models still having a problem with the timing and hopefully that is worked out over the next few days. Many folks have outdoor activities with the Derby weekend so getting the correct forecast is important.
Woolyworm
Rain Shower

Post by Woolyworm »

Heading to Scotland the 2nd week of May. Where is the best weather source for the Wee country?
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 66 here in G'ville with a gust of 22 mph.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

DAY reached 67, CMH 66, and CVG 65 today. :)
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

IMG_0244.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm back! I received 0.02" today. Dropped to 45 with small hail at the ball field in Milford so Colton's baseball game was cancelled. I came home. :lol: Had a 15 min shower yesterday but we got the railing all finished on the steps and this morning started cutting some steps. MY Brother has to make two little steps to get off one end of the deck and the deck should be party ready for next Saturday.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Couple more bands to move thru. Dark here and windy. May see some small hail with some of these cells and winds to 40-50 mph.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:04 pm I'm back! I received 0.02" today. Dropped to 45 with small hail at the ball field in Milford so Colton's baseball game was cancelled. I came home. :lol: Had a 15 min shower yesterday but we got the railing all finished on the steps and this morning started cutting some steps. MY Brother has to make two little steps to get off one end of the deck and the deck should be party ready for next Saturday.
Colton probably thought, "I bet Uncle Les 'ordered' this!" :lol:

What is his team position? 8-)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon May 01, 2023 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.