NFL 2024-2025 Season Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: NFL 2024-2025 Season Discussion

Post by tron777 »

My Lions had a nice win on the road in AZ. My Raiders did not look good though. Essshhh!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The Bills massacred the Jags!!

My Blasted Bengals (now 0-3!) couldn't get it done AT HOME on MNF!! :tappingfoot: :teeth: :steamingears: :banghead: :roll: **SMH**

Sheesh its hard to believe Cincy was a force to be reckoned with just 2 to 3 years ago!!
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:27 am The Bills massacred the Jags!!

My Blasted Bengals (now 0-3!) couldn't get it done on MNF!! :tappingfoot: :teeth: :steamingears: :banghead: :roll: **SMH**

Sheesh its hard to believe Cincy was a force to be reckoned with just 2 to 3 years ago!!
The defense is awful!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:23 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:27 am The Bills massacred the Jags!!

My Blasted Bengals (now 0-3!) couldn't get it done on MNF!! :tappingfoot: :teeth: :steamingears: :banghead: :roll: **SMH**

The defense is awful!
Yes that and also they could use a Dan Campbell-type coach instead of Zac Taylor. Its gonna be a LONG season, sigh!
Eric

Greenville, OH
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Bengals Where-Dey defense made Brisset and a rookie look like all-pros. The ultimate dagger would be to lose to the red rifle this weekend
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:50 am Bengals Where-Dey defense made Brisset and a rookie look like all-pros. The ultimate dagger would be to lose to the red rifle this weekend
If Dalton plays like he did last week, he's going to make the Bengals D look silly!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

All these talking head football “experts “ had the Bengals as a preseason superbowl contender, sorry , I never saw that at all . No running game, mediocre offensive line, weak defensive line, average linebackers, questionable secondary. How that added up to a superbowl contender, I don’t know
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:55 am
Bgoney wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:50 am Bengals Where-Dey defense made Brisset and a rookie look like all-pros. The ultimate dagger would be to lose to the red rifle this weekend
If Dalton plays like he did last week, he's going to make the Bengals D look silly!
I didn't know Andy was with the Panthers now. I like both the Bengals and Panthers, if I were a gambling guy, sadly for the Bengals, I would put some money on the Panthers. It'll be extra tough for Cincy there in Charlotte.

I hate to possibly jinx the Bengals on that one, but psyching up to reality.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:14 am All these talking head football “experts “ had the Bengals as a preseason superbowl contender, sorry , I never saw that at all . No running game, mediocre offensive line, weak defensive line, average linebackers, questionable secondary. How that added up to a superbowl contender, I don’t know
Agreed, I was concerned myself after seeing how awful they looked in the preseason. Surprisingly, Pittsburgh are the current team to beat in the AFC North division.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:16 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:55 am
I didn't know Andy was with the Panthers now. I like both the Bengals and Panthers, if I were a gambling guy, sadly for the Bengals, I would put some money on the Panthers. It'll be extra tough for Cincy there in Charlotte.

I hate to possibly jinx the Bengals on that one, but psyching up to reality.
I didn't either Bro until I heard it a week ago when they benched Brice Young for his awful performance.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hopefully My Lions can keep up their winning ways playing Seattle in Detroit on Monday Night football. The last 2 seasons when these two teams have faced each other, the refs have made terrible calls that have lost the game for Detroit. Hopefully, we'll have a good lead in the 4th quarter so that the refs terrible calls won't make a difference. :lol: The biggest concern right now for Detroit is the injury bug. Luckily though they get an extra days rest due to this being a Monday Night game and after that in Week 5 they get their bye week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:19 am Hopefully My Lions can keep up their winning ways playing Seattle in Detroit on Monday Night football. The last 2 seasons when these two teams have faced each other, the refs have made terrible calls that have lost the game for Detroit. Hopefully, we'll have a good lead in the 4th quarter so that the refs terrible calls won't make a difference. :lol: The biggest concern right now for Detroit is the injury bug. Luckily though they get an extra days rest due to this being a Monday Night game and after that in Week 5 they get their bye week.
Since the Bengals are sublime, I can cheer on your Lions, and my Panthers and Colts, Bro! :thumbupright:
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:23 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:19 am Hopefully My Lions can keep up their winning ways playing Seattle in Detroit on Monday Night football. The last 2 seasons when these two teams have faced each other, the refs have made terrible calls that have lost the game for Detroit. Hopefully, we'll have a good lead in the 4th quarter so that the refs terrible calls won't make a difference. :lol: The biggest concern right now for Detroit is the injury bug. Luckily though they get an extra days rest due to this being a Monday Night game and after that in Week 5 they get their bye week.
Since the Bengals are sublime, I can cheer on your Lions, and my Panthers and Colts, Bro! :thumbupright:
Thank you Bro! We'll take all of the extra support we can get! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Week 4

Thurs Sept 26th

Dal @ NYG 20-15! ;)

Sun Sept 29th

Cin @ Car 34-24!! :)

Pit @ Ind 27-24! :)

Cle @ LV 20-16! :)

Buf @ Bal 35-10!! :o

Mon Sept 30th

Ten @ Mia 31-12!! :o

Sea @ Det 42-29!! :)

Eric's Picks for Week 4: Cowgirls, My Bengals, My Colts, Les's Raiders, Bills, Dolphins, and Les's Lions.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My picks: Cowgirls, Eric's Panthers due to the Red Riffle, Arm Pitt, My Raiders, Lamar Jackson, The former Houston Oilers, and of course My Lions!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good afternoon and taking a minute to rant about the Bengals coach. Watched the game Monday and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Yes he got us to the super bowl but I believe many more coaches and former players were the reason. We have lost some key defensive players plus some hurt. Two names that I believe have a shot of coming in here next year are Belichick and John Gruden. Both have good relations with the Brown family but I would take Gruden over Belichick. The reason he should be fired is he seems unprepared every week and you need to make changes at halftime and that is where Belichick was the best I have ever seen.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:40 pm Good afternoon and taking a minute to rant about the Bengals coach. Watched the game Monday and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Yes he got us to the super bowl but I believe many more coaches and former players were the reason. We have lost some key defensive players plus some hurt. Two names that I believe have a shot of coming in here next year are Belichick and John Gruden. Both have good relations with the Brown family but I would take Gruden over Belichick. The reason he should be fired is he seems unprepared every week and you need to make changes at halftime and that is where Belichick was the best I have ever seen.
I expect Belichick to end up somewhere next year for sure, but I did not know Gruden was thinking about coming back. That would certainly be interesting! I've always liked him as a coach too.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les this season the NFC North that looks like the best division and I can see 3 teams make it to the playoffs. I like the Lions and the coach is great for motivating players it just worries me a little with in game coaching.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 1:00 pm Les this season the NFC North that looks like the best division and I can see 3 teams make it to the playoffs. I like the Lions and the coach is great for motivating players it just worries me a little with in game coaching.
He does take too many chances esp on 4th down, but that is Dan Campbell's style to be very aggressive. It has bit him in the ass before and I am sure it will do so again. :lol: The Vikings look very strong so far and it'll be real interesting once we face them late in the season.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:40 pm Good afternoon and taking a minute to rant about the Bengals coach. Watched the game Monday and he looked like a deer in the headlights. Yes he got us to the super bowl but I believe many more coaches and former players were the reason. We have lost some key defensive players plus some hurt. Two names that I believe have a shot of coming in here next year are Belichick and John Gruden. Both have good relations with the Brown family but I would take Gruden over Belichick. The reason he should be fired is he seems unprepared every week and you need to make changes at halftime and that is where Belichick was the best I have ever seen.
Sure wish it were for this season and not having to wait until next year. ;)

On the flip side I wish Barry Larkin would be the Reds new GM, but he's expressed in the past, that unfortunately, he's not interested in that position.

I feel for David Bell as imo its Reds team ownership that needs an overhaul, not managing! It gets mentally tiring re Cincy sports lol! ;)
Eric

Greenville, OH
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

**DRUMROLL** The Bengals finally got a win!! :) I have renewed hope! :thumbupright: My Colts also won over the Armpits! :)
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hoping My Lions can get the W on Monday night. Seattle has won the last 6 meetings which includes the playoffs.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:31 pm Hoping My Lions can get the W on Monday night. Seattle has won the last 6 meetings which includes the playoffs.
This should be a really good game. The other Monday night game not so much
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:07 am
tron777 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:31 pm Hoping My Lions can get the W on Monday night. Seattle has won the last 6 meetings which includes the playoffs.
This should be a really good game. The other Monday night game not so much
I might have to record it. I wish it was the early game instead of the later one on ESPN. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Shocking that the Bills (now 3-1) croaked at the hands of the Ravens (2-2)!! :o

I thought for sure Buffalo would have had their defense / offense together last night.
Eric

Greenville, OH