Monday Night Football Bengals Game Forecast - Jan 2, 2023

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
snwyowl
Rain Shower

Re: Monday Night Football Bengals Game Forecast - Jan 2, 2023

Post by snwyowl »

Thankfully they postponed the game. The right call!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

snwyowl wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:07 pm Thankfully they postponed the game. The right call!
Totally agree!

Damar's family came to the game and his Mom went with him to the hospital.

He is in critical condition :( and is at U.C. Med Ctr.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Something else how a situation like this makes one understandably could care less re the Bengals e.g. playoffs picture.

I just want to stay focused on Damar Hamlin and that prayerfully and hopefully the Lord will bring him through on a road of recovery with no permanent damage to his brain, heart, neck or other injuries that he suffered in that tackle. :|

Dear Jesus,

Please fully heal Damar and bring he and his family comfort, grace, peace and strength. Please guide his doctors on what to do best for him to start getting him on a road to recovery. Amen
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/state-and-reg ... 7GNZE2W3M/

“His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests. We will provide updates as we have them.”
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

they should have kept the game playing. yeah things happen we get it but remember the rest of the world doesn't stop when you do. the league IMO has gotten so bad and so soft it makes me not even want to watch anymore. i feel bad for all the fans who thought they were gonna have a great night out at the game but then again maybe I dont since you are a bit of a fool and support this league in the first place. I love the game of football and very much love friday night high school games just not the NFL anymore.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

airwolf76 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 pm they should have kept the game playing. yeah things happen we get it but remember the rest of the world doesn't stop when you do. the league IMO has gotten so bad and so soft it makes me not even want to watch anymore. i feel bad for all the fans who thought they were gonna have a great night out at the game but then again maybe I dont since you are a bit of a fool and support this league in the first place. I love the game of football and very much love friday night high school games just not the NFL anymore.
I disagree fully. If one of your family or friends died in front of your face, you would just go on with your day like nothing happened? I doubt it.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

PPD the game was the correct thing to do IMO. Prayers absolutely go out to Damar and his family! Tee Higgins could use some prayers too. Can you imagine what that guy has to be feeling right now?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

airwolf76 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:41 pm they should have kept the game playing. yeah things happen we get it but remember the rest of the world doesn't stop when you do. the league IMO has gotten so bad and so soft it makes me not even want to watch anymore. i feel bad for all the fans who thought they were gonna have a great night out at the game but then again maybe I dont since you are a bit of a fool and support this league in the first place. I love the game of football and very much love friday night high school games just not the NFL anymore.
I love the game of football and beside my family,friends and the weather in that order football is high on the list. The NFL which I understand is a business and big business did the right thing. We are talking about life here and as a society if we stop caring about each other then we are in deep trouble. I am not here to judge anyone on what they thought should happen but for me personally after I saw him fall to the ground playing a game was not even on my mind.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

From what I gather, Damar Hamlin is still in critical condition at UC Medical Center. Not sure how much or how often we'll see updates on this. Due to HIPPA laws and all of that. It will depend on what his Mother wants to do in regards to that and rightfully so! We pray and hope for the best for this young man and his family.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

When things are more high profile, they put more effort into updates as permitted.

UC hospital in under major construction, and has been for a couple of years while they build a new tower with a brand new Emergency Department.

The two roads that lead to the ED entrance are closed to regular vehicular traffic. Ambulances and emergency vehicles only. That’s why all updates so far have been from a block away. There are always police units there blocking the road.

I’ll bet mid morning there will be a press conference. I suspect we’ll hear from some physicians and staff, as well as his family and teammates and probably some from the Bengals as well.

I’m not surprised no update was given last night. The first 24-48 hours are the critical ones post cardiac arrest, when we actually get return of spontaneous circulation aka ROSC.

At least at this point, we are ~12 hours post event, and lab work results should be available, providing more insight as to if this was commotio cordis, or an unknown underlying cardiac issue.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Highly unlikely there is a rescheduling of the game. No game rescheduling scenario would make sense and be fair to the teams. So still think the tie scenario is the most fair to both teams and the rest of the league
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

fyrfyter wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:04 am
I disagree fully. If one of your family or friends died in front of your face, you would just go on with your day like nothing happened? I doubt it.
after looking back I guess you are right . they probably did the right thing I guess. the rest of the players would not be focused on the game anymore anyways.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:46 am Highly unlikely there is a rescheduling of the game. No game rescheduling scenario would make sense and be fair to the teams. So still think the tie scenario is the most fair to both teams and the rest of the league
Hey Bgoney and not sure what the NFL will do in this situation. They can push the playoffs back one week as they have that extra week before the Super Bowl but the logistics are huge. If it goes down as a tie then the Bengals are AFC north champs but will get the 3 seed. This would push Baltimore to the 6 seed and Buffalo to the 2 seed at the moment. All 3 of those teams would be hurt with a tie but not sure besides pushing back the season by one week what you could possibly do.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:06 am
Bgoney wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:46 am Highly unlikely there is a rescheduling of the game. No game rescheduling scenario would make sense and be fair to the teams. So still think the tie scenario is the most fair to both teams and the rest of the league
Hey Bgoney and not sure what the NFL will do in this situation. They can push the playoffs back one week as they have that extra week before the Super Bowl but the logistics are huge. If it goes down as a tie then the Bengals are AFC north champs but will get the 3 seed. This would push Baltimore to the 6 seed and Buffalo to the 2 seed at the moment. All 3 of those teams would be hurt with a tie but not sure besides pushing back the season by one week what you could possibly do.
Thought about that extra week but in the end thought that created more problems and unfairness than just quickly calling it a tie and move on to the regular schedule
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

There are a few articles discussing this morning what happens with the game. Apparently, the rules do not allow a unilateral decision by the commissioner.

They even reference the death of Chris Henry in 2009, where the Bengals played a game 2 days after he died.

Somehow, the game is supposed to be completed in 48 hours, at the original planned location. That would make you think they would keep The Bills team here, but they left last night, minus a few team members who stayed in town.

NFL is officially in “uncharted territory” on this one. I suspect even if the rules don’t allow it, NFL, NFLPA, both teams and Commissioner will have to come to some kind of agreement on the game.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

fyrfyter wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:22 am There are a few articles discussing this morning what happens with the game. Apparently, the rules do not allow a unilateral decision by the commissioner.

They even reference the death of Chris Henry in 2009, where the Bengals played a game 2 days after he died.

Somehow, the game is supposed to be completed in 48 hours, at the original planned location. That would make you think they would keep The Bills team here, but they left last night, minus a few team members who stayed in town.

NFL is officially in “uncharted territory” on this one. I suspect even if the rules don’t allow it, NFL, NFLPA, both teams and Commissioner will have to come to some kind of agreement on the game.
Great Post Aaron. Uncharted Territory is correct and though I am sure the NFL has many contingent plans my guess this one was probably not on that list.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Not that Roger Goddell ever does anything sensibly... :lol: But in light of everything, I totally agree with this outcome.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Prayers to Damar and his family and to the Bills team. Hope for a speedy recovery, but man it looked quite scary when it happened. I agree with others that postponement of the game was the best outcome. Nobody should be forced to go back on the field and play when something that devastating happens.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Watching the game and when he fell down my wife said heart attach. She mentioned it has happened to basketball players before and the way he went limp was a key indicator. Putting him to sleep was the way to help him heal but how long did he go without oxygen is key to any long term problems. Football is violent and my guess this was just the perfect storm of him getting hit in the wrong place at the wrong second that caused the cardiac arrest.
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:43 am Watching the game and when he fell down my wife said heart attach. She mentioned it has happened to basketball players before and the way he went limp was a key indicator. Putting him to sleep was the way to help him heal but how long did he go without oxygen is key to any long term problems. Football is violent and my guess this was just the perfect storm of him getting hit in the wrong place at the wrong second that caused the cardiac arrest.
His event definitely appeared cardiac related, but Myocardial Infarction isn’t the only possible cause.

He probably was never without oxygen. We are getting a little in the weeds here, but even breathing heavy when doing sports, there is always some remaining amount of oxygen in your lungs. You never exhale all of it.

Team trainers are on the sidelines for player injuries. What you don’t see is the Paramedics that are standing in the background of each team should events like this occur.

I have at least one friend and former co-worker who was was working as a medic there last night. Chances are good a few more friends were working last night as well.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

fyrfyter wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:07 am
tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:43 am Watching the game and when he fell down my wife said heart attach. She mentioned it has happened to basketball players before and the way he went limp was a key indicator. Putting him to sleep was the way to help him heal but how long did he go without oxygen is key to any long term problems. Football is violent and my guess this was just the perfect storm of him getting hit in the wrong place at the wrong second that caused the cardiac arrest.
His event definitely appeared cardiac related, but Myocardial Infarction isn’t the only possible cause.

He probably was never without oxygen. We are getting a little in the weeds here, but even breathing heavy when doing sports, there is always some remaining amount of oxygen in your lungs. You never exhale all of it.

Team trainers are on the sidelines for player injuries. What you don’t see is the Paramedics that are standing in the background of each team should events like this occur.

I have at least one friend and former co-worker who was was working as a medic there last night. Chances are good a few more friends were working last night as well.
They did a wonderful job and to all first responders whatever line of work that may be we are so lucky to have men and women who are committed to these jobs and you can never pay enough respect to them.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks for those extra insights too Aaron! Very helpful info in these types of situations so thanks for providing us with that knowledge.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I thought this through and I believe here is what the NFL will end up doing. They will finish the game in Cincinnati on Thursday night. Then the Buffalo/New England game and the Cincinnati/Baltimore games will be played on Monday night. Then they will start the playoffs the following weekend. Do I agree with this and I believe this needs to be handle by talking to the family involved.
Last edited by tpweather on Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

I don't see either team being emotional or physically ready to play Thursday and then again Monday. Basically 3 games in 7 days , I can't see the players union or the 2 teams wanting to put the players through that