Rocktober 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Rocktober 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:32 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:38 am
Les, I wonder why his video's disappears and then I can't find it again on YouTube or FB, does he delete them?
Not that I am aware of. I copied and pasted the YouTube link directly into my forum post so it should play through the forum just fine. I have my own YouTube account so I can comment during the live videos as you saw again today several times. :lol: But anyway, past videos are still showing up for me when I go to YouTube for WAVE3.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Current and last year at same time…..

IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0684.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The differences between this year and last year at this time are like night and day!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 am
Les, I wonder why his video's disappears and then I can't find it again on YouTube or FB, does he delete them?
Not that I am aware of. I copied and pasted the YouTube link directly into my forum post so it should play through the forum just fine. I have my own YouTube account so I can comment during the live videos as you saw again today several times. :lol: But anyway, past videos are still showing up for me when I go to YouTube for WAVE3.
Finally found it, I see that you through him off a couple times! :lol: You'll now be our forum team mediator with him with our great questions! Ha ha!!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:40 pm
Finally found it, I see that you through him off a couple times! :lol: You'll now be our forum team mediator with him with our great questions! Ha ha!!
For now! I have to return to the office perm. in a few weeks for work unfortunately. My WFH after 3 1/2 years is coming to a close in early November. I will hate making that drive again so I am trying to get an earlier schedule. Believe you me, I am not happy about it. If anyone knows of a good IT WFH gig I am all ears. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:21 pm
For now! I have to return to the office perm. in a few weeks for work unfortunately. My WFH after 3 1/2 years is coming to a close in early November. I will hate making that drive again so I am trying to get an earlier schedule. Believe you me, I am not happy about it. If anyone knows of a good IT WFH gig I am all ears. :lol:
Sorry to hear about that Les, That is going to be quite the adjustment
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:40 pm

Sorry to hear about that Les, That is going to be quite the adjustment
Yes. Big Time! It's the customer that is driving it. They want us back and tucked away back behind the "iron curtain."
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:47 am The differences between this year and last year at this time are like night and day!
No doubt overall coverage of this years drought compared to last year is much greater. Still have the local areas like in my case last year much worse than this year and that is getting rain at the correct time. I missed every rainfall from August on last year and this year I kept getting those 1/3-1/2 inch rainfalls about every 5 or 6 days and it made a big difference.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:04 pm
tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:47 am The differences between this year and last year at this time are like night and day!
No doubt overall coverage of this years drought compared to last year is much greater. Still have the local areas like in my case last year much worse than this year and that is getting rain at the correct time. I missed every rainfall from August on last year and this year I kept getting those 1/3-1/2 inch rainfalls about every 5 or 6 days and it made a big difference.
You have had more rain then me this year. I have done a little better then CVG but the Boone Co Mesonet has had more then me. Localized heavier rainfall has been much more localized this year IMO versus it being on a wider scale in terms of coverage.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:09 pm
tpweather wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:04 pm
You have had more rain then me this year. I have done a little better then CVG but the Boone Co Mesonet has had more then me. Localized heavier rainfall has been much more localized this year IMO versus it being on a wider scale in terms of coverage.
No doubt Les and I know many folks had some rain last August and I kept getting missed and then we became even drier. But I agree overall much drier in a larger area though folks in the upper mid-west should be out of the drought statue by next week as they continue to do well with these northern systems.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

So far we have made it up to 78 degrees. Do we hit 80 and not sure as some high clouds are in the area. Another warm one on Friday before we head back to some wonderful weather. Love for this pattern to stay around this winter and though probably not one that supports big snows you can get those clippers like Les mentioned and they can add up. Starting to see northern Canada get cold as they have been very mild in the last few weeks. Alaska for the most part has been below normal and Fairbanks has done well with snow so far.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I do believe models are coming around for early next week and getting the clouds and wind out of here earlier. So Monday is starting to look better especially later in the day and Tuesday may turn out nice. Could end up being nice Tuesday through Thursday next week before the next system heads this way for the weekend.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:16 pm I do believe models are coming around for early next week and getting the clouds and wind out of here earlier. So Monday is starting to look better especially later in the day and Tuesday may turn out nice. Could end up being nice Tuesday through Thursday next week before the next system heads this way for the weekend.
We seem to be stuck in a pattern where it's nice during the week and goes to hell on the weekend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

And, too, with the Bidenflation gasoline prices e.g.!

Currently 70 here in G'ville. :sunny:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Back down to 77 as of 4pm at CVG so 78 might be it for today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:25 am Nothing here or at CVG from the warm frontal passage. I didn't expect to get anything either. :lol: Look for highs around 80 today and the upper 70s tomorrow. Most of the rain is an overnight into Sat morning affair. 50s are back this weekend! :)
Did manage 0.07" here last night.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 80, DAY 77 and CMH 76 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning and good luck to all in the rainfall dept tonight into early Sat. Then a bit more possible late Sat into early Sun. Hoping most can get 0.10 to 0.25" out of the deal. If you get more then that, play the lottery! :lol: Then we will primarily be in the 50s and 60s for highs next week with lows in the 40s. Not seeing much for rain chances next week... probably looking like another system towards next weekend though.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Low 70s out there with sunny skies. If the clouds are closer to arrive due to our dry air mass then 80 is doable again today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Upper 70s ought to do it this afternoon with partly to mostly cloudy skies. Going to finish dismantling the garden and flowers for the season. My spinach is sprouting so that's my wintertime crop.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 79, DAY 76 and CMH 74 today.

I missed DAY's high by 10 degrees in the Temp Challenge! :lol: ;)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A still picture of the above, shows the cold front approaching St. Louis and the pre frontal rains to our West that Eric's loops show perfectly.

Radar.png
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good morning and some much needed rain overnight. So far at my house 0.44 and another band coming in at this moment. I see we hit 80 on Thursday and 79 on Friday. Missed Friday because I thought more clouds would be involved early but with the extra hours of sun this also helped in getting the atmosphere more unstable and some decent rains. I thought 0.25-0.50 would fit for most folks before the weekend ended but that will end up being to low but we need the rain.