April 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: April 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

I imagine the Redlegs wish they got washed out today as the Phils gave 'em a 14-3 revenge whipping!! :oops:

Doesn't get any easier as they round out the home stand with the red hot Rays Mon-Wed! ;)

Currently 46 here in G'ville and progged for around a very un-April (at least IMO) 36 Mon morning.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:14 pm 80 IMBY today. CVG topped out at 78. The front comes thru tomorrow with wind and rain. Monday sucks that is my travel day to Lake Erie. I will fish Tues, Wed, and Thurs, and hopefully Fri. I am not in this tournament. This tournament is going to be out of Monroe, MI. The tournament I am in the one in June I am in out of Lorain, OH also on Lake Erie. It was originally for CLE but the MWC could not get the permit so Lorain picked it up.
Have fun fishing Les! Yeah mother nature is having an issue deciding what season she wants. LOL But it is April so there's that! Picked up 0.11" rain from this weekend's system. Currently 39 and my wife said it was sleeting in Kettering a few minutes ago! :lol:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

43 here currently with cloudy skies. Few showers around with frozen precip possible along and N of I-70. Windy also today Breezy tomorrow also but improving conditions. Wed and Thurs still loo nice before Friday's system rolls in. We could hit 80 again by Thurs.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Ice pellets and 36 here in G'ville. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:15 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:14 pm 80 IMBY today. CVG topped out at 78. The front comes thru tomorrow with wind and rain. Monday sucks that is my travel day to Lake Erie. I will fish Tues, Wed, and Thurs, and hopefully Fri. I am not in this tournament. This tournament is going to be out of Monroe, MI. The tournament I am in the one in June I am in out of Lorain, OH also on Lake Erie. It was originally for CLE but the MWC could not get the permit so Lorain picked it up.
Have fun fishing Les! Yeah mother nature is having an issue deciding what season she wants. LOL But it is April so there's that! Picked up 0.11" rain from this weekend's system. Currently 39 and my wife said it was sleeting in Kettering a few minutes ago! :lol:
My aunt went to the dentist this morning and she told us there was some sleet on her windshield. :lol:

Ice pellets currently here in Greenville. :lol:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A brutal day outside indeed. Yuck ...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Frost advisory in effect for tonight until 9am in the morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My gauge picked up a combo .26" from Sun / Mon. :)

Currently 36 here in G'ville and progged for around the freezing mark Tues morning.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:01 pm I imagine the Redlegs wish they got washed out today as the Phils gave 'em a 14-3 revenge whipping!! :oops:

Doesn't get any easier as they round out the home stand with the red hot Rays Mon-Wed! ;)

Currently 46 here in G'ville and progged for around a very un-April (at least IMO) 36 Mon morning.
Pleasantly surprised as the guys STUNG the Rays 8-1 in Game 1 of the series! 8-)

Currently 36 here in G'ville.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

33 and frosty here
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

Looks like the GFS is trending in agreement with itself for heavy rains this Saturday. We may actually need some rain by then as things are drying out, I only received less than a quarter of an inch on Sunday.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Dipped down to freezing here in my hood.

0.21" from the Sun/Mon rains/sleet/etc.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:06 am Looks like the GFS is trending in agreement with itself for heavy rains this Saturday. We may actually need some rain by then as things are drying out, I only received less than a quarter of an inch on Sunday.
Hey Joe and you are correct that we may actually need some rain. We are still 12p/c above normal but much of that in the winter so not as helpful. Getting above normal rainfall is great but when it happens is more important. A great example would be in July and we end up with 4 inches of rainfall. Do we get 1 inch every week or do we get 4 inches in one storm. So stats are important there is more than meets the eye in regards to the weather.
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tpweather wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:05 pm
winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:06 am Looks like the GFS is trending in agreement with itself for heavy rains this Saturday. We may actually need some rain by then as things are drying out, I only received less than a quarter of an inch on Sunday.
Hey Joe and you are correct that we may actually need some rain. We are still 12p/c above normal but much of that in the winter so not as helpful. Getting above normal rainfall is great but when it happens is more important. A great example would be in July and we end up with 4 inches of rainfall. Do we get 1 inch every week or do we get 4 inches in one storm. So stats are important there is more than meets the eye in regards to the weather.
Hey Tim, what's really odd about this low that forms on the tail end of the cold front this Friday develops rapidly in the OV and then kind of moves NNW and dies over lake Superior on the GFS. Lets see if this trend even pans out at all?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm up at Lake Erie now. Going out tomorrow. Will report back then.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Enjoy your trip Les. Well snow continues in parts of the northern plains. Sure they usually get spring snows but usually 1 or 2 storms but this has continue since spring started. Of course that is another reason we are going to see colder temps over the next few weeks. Still expecting big time flooding once the warmer air finally takes hold in that part of the world.
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

pretty good day of fishing yesterday. caught 15 kept 4 for eating. no size though. weather conditions were nice and cool cloudy breezy temps around 50. a nice hoodie kind of day :)
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Dipped to 39 this morning in my hood, so warmer than the previous.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

airwolf76 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:27 am pretty good day of fishing yesterday. caught 15 kept 4 for eating. no size though. weather conditions were nice and cool cloudy breezy temps around 50. a nice hoodie kind of day :)
Sounds great Charles! :smilefish: What kind of fish are they? :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:42 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:01 pm I imagine the Redlegs wish they got washed out today as the Phils gave 'em a 14-3 revenge whipping!! :oops:

Pleasantly surprised as the guys STUNG the Rays 8-1 in Game 1 of the series! 8-)

Currently 36 here in G'ville.
As for those other 2 games ... :oops: :lol: ;)

Currently 73 here in G'ville. :sunny:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My cousins in O'Fallon, MO near St Louis under the gun again for Thurs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 78, DAY 76, and CMH 73 today.

UPDATE: CVG 79, DAY 77, and CMH 75.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Off the water now. Was a bit choppy today and cold. We managed 5 today. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and looks like models are giving us a little more rain with the next system. A general .5-1 inch seems like the correct forecast. The secondary low is key later Friday and early Saturday and depending on where it gets somewhat stronger will determine who gets in on the heavier amounts. If the low is unable to strengthen then rain amounts would be lower. Of course afterwards much cooler air invades and yes maybe more frost is possible.

Of course around the world a nice heat wave in parts of Asia including parts of India and southeast Asia. Normally this is the time they heat up before the monsoon season but even there temps have been near records in some areas. Again Mother Nature is trying to balance things out with cooler than normal temps in parts of North America including Alaska and parts of Europe. Of course the mainstream media only talks about the heat and some so called expert who gets paid well to talk about global warming every time there is a heat wave. Once again calling BS on the mainstream media.