January 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: January 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:51 pm A clunker of a game so far, a no call gave eagles 6 points
A shame that SF starting QB Brock Purdy sustained an elbow injury. Sure would have made the game a lot more interesting contest.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 pm
Bgoney wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:51 pm A clunker of a game so far, a no call gave eagles 6 points
A shame that SF starting QB Brock Purdy sustained an elbow injury. Sure would have made the game a lot more interesting contest.
Pretty much all Philly.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Pretty foggy out there this morning. 33 degrees here roads should just be wet but visibilities are low outside my window.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

be glad this clunker month almost over so we can focus on our clunker February lol
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

airwolf76 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:39 am be glad this clunker month almost over so we can focus on our clunker February lol
Sad, but true! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I forget we still have 2 days of January left so probably need to put the chances of snow/ice in the forecast for later tonight and Tuesday morning. Again we are not talking a big amount of precip but any type of ice is bad. My guess is a winter weather advisory will be issued for parts of the local area and especially the further south you live. We will see if this happens at noon or the later afternoon forecast. Again not talking a lot of snow and matter of fact getting all snow is much better for travel and though the totals for this system would probably only yield a inch of snow but 1/10 inch of rain would be frz/rain and that can cause many more problems. We will monitor this situation and believe this week will see many quick changes to the forecast
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:06 am I forget we still have 2 days of January left so probably need to put the chances of snow/ice in the forecast for later tonight and Tuesday morning. Again we are not talking a big amount of precip but any type of ice is bad. My guess is a winter weather advisory will be issued for parts of the local area and especially the further south you live. We will see if this happens at noon or the later afternoon forecast. Again not talking a lot of snow and matter of fact getting all snow is much better for travel and though the totals for this system would probably only yield a inch of snow but 1/10 inch of rain would be frz/rain and that can cause many more problems. We will monitor this situation and believe this week will see many quick changes to the forecast
Sorry Tim, that's kind of my fault too. It should be in this thread but we've talked about it so much in the Feb thread that I don't want to confuse people, so it's fine to just keep the discussion going in there. All good my friend. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page