July 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: July 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Nothing really earth shattering on the 12Z GFS. We've talked about the upcoming rain chances and the model looks good with those thoughts. No impacts for our local area are expected from Elsa.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Some nice rain in Northern and Central Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin. They have been rather dry this year and this helps out quite a bit plus keeping temps low. The more I see of this the less likely of any long term heat wave and my forecast may be a bust. Still to early and one nice system is not a trend but good to see the rain for those folks.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Already hit 89 at CVG so looks like another 90 degree day is in the works. One more likely on Wednesday before we get a better shot at some showers and maybe a few thundershowers.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Completely agree Tim... Euro is running now. So far, the Euro has isolated coverage for Wed and likely on Thurs. The break for Friday then likely this weekend as the next front comes in and stalls over the area. Those chances on all models continue into next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

90 as of 3pm at CVG...

EDIT: Contest thread has been updated.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Weather pattern getting very busy from the Rockies eastward and the west remains dry but not quite as hot. Very busy as tropical moisture is in full supply and looks to remain that way for several days.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I agree again Tim and I like the post I made before the Booms Day Holiday period that we were getting into a very typical summertime pattern of hazy, hot, and humid conditions along with the usual pop[ up afternoon and evening t-storms. That pretty much sums it up for me lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les the more I look at the weekend the more I believe periods of showers and thundershowers will be on the increase. Getting a front to get south of us late Thursday or early Friday and try to return northward later Friday or early Saturday spells trouble and this could be a rather wet weekend.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:50 pm Les the more I look at the weekend the more I believe periods of showers and thundershowers will be on the increase. Getting a front to get south of us late Thursday or early Friday and try to return northward later Friday or early Saturday spells trouble and this could be a rather wet weekend.
Not sure what day is going to be the better of the two (timing issues) but I like 50-70% coverage at the very least right now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:03 pm
tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:50 pm Les the more I look at the weekend the more I believe periods of showers and thundershowers will be on the increase. Getting a front to get south of us late Thursday or early Friday and try to return northward later Friday or early Saturday spells trouble and this could be a rather wet weekend.
Not sure what day is going to be the better of the two (timing issues) but I like 50-70% coverage at the very least right now.
Killing my heat for July lol. Though it will be muggy
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:17 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:03 pm
Killing my heat for July lol. Though it will be muggy
The writing has been on the wall for the first half. I'm still waiting to see if that Phantom Pacific NW trough shows up or not for later in the month.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Nice outflow boundary hitting here from pop-ups to my south. Cooling things a bit
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

89 here today, down to 82 with some thunder. The Dome is holding with action east and west of me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

Thunder, lightning, and heavy rain here in Hyde Park. Rained for over an hour. Checked the rain gauge, just over .6 of an inch. Wife takes all the credit, she watered the garden about a half hour before.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

KDAY reached 90 again today.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! The stormy pattern begins today with a 50/50 chance of storms. 90 is possible in areas where t-storms do not occur. Likely action tomorrow, a nice Friday then a very wet weekend potentially shaping up with that front stalling across the area. Looking like 1-2" of rain is possible this weekend so we'll see how that shakes out.

As previously mentioned, scattered action continues into next week until the front finally clears the area. Another one looks to drop south towards the end of next week, so you may as well keep that daily storm chance going.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:37 am Good morning all! The stormy pattern begins today with a 50/50 chance of storms. 90 is possible in areas where t-storms do not occur. Likely action tomorrow, a nice Friday then a very wet weekend potentially shaping up with that front stalling across the area. Looking like 1-2" of rain is possible this weekend so we'll see how that shakes out.

As previously mentioned, scattered action continues into next week until the front finally clears the area. Another one looks to drop south towards the end of next week, so you may as well keep that daily storm chance going.
Good Morning Les and my stormy pattern started last evening and I received a little over an inch with the storm that exploded. Tons of lightning and thunder and of course heavy rainfall. Your forecast looks similar to mine and hoping everyone shares in on the rainfall. I agree 1-2 inches is a good way to go but again if you get hit with a thundershower like I did you can get an inch in less than an hour.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! Absolutely agree... there will be localized higher and lower amounts, but that's a good range. You know how it goes with t-storms. It's usually all or nothing. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Couple of small showers popping over NKY right now. Attm, all south of The Dome. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

So what has been the big story over the past few months is the heat in the northwest and no argument here but how about the cool weather over much of Texas. Never hear about that on the national news and that has been the theme down there from late spring and continues.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Those cells are literally just sitting there to my south. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Just a tad cooler this morning and dew points as well. Looking at the overall pattern today and we may hit 90 at CVG. I am going with 88 and yes some folks could hit 90 but looks to be more cloud cover today and a slightly lower temp this morning. If CVG gets in on a thundershower then the 88 will not happen as well. Summer pattern over the next week but a little more on the wet side than normal.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That small line is trying to push up in my direction.... we'll see.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page