March 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: March 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:48 am Good morning all! We've got a shot at getting close to 70 today thru Thursday before rain moves in with a cold front by Friday. The front now looks to slip south of the area for a cloudy, but cool weekend. It may actually turn out to be dry. Temps near 50. Then the front comes back as a warm front by Monday with rain returning. The front looks to stick around for a good chunk of next week so flooding concerns on the Ohio may again return should repeated rounds of heavy rain occur upstream from Cincinnati. Models currently look to be coming in with rainfall amounts over 2" or more depending on the model you choose. We shall see how things shake out in the days to come.
Good Morning Les and I believe you have it covered. The rain later this week looks nice and not so heavy that we see flooding. Next Monday has my concern has we have a cooler air mass over us with warm moist air going over the cooler air and that period I believe 2 inches is very likely and depending where the front sets up it could be more. Golf date this morning and just love being outside and already have my patio furniture out which is really early and even fired up the grill last night and love the food once you start grilling.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! It was so beautiful yesterday with a couple more beauties coming. Also had the grill fired up yesterday after work. Glad that Tru Green came out and put down the crab grass killer so in 2 weeks I can start throwing some seed out there. Anyway... It looks like we get rain next week on Monday then again Wed / Thurs time frame with several systems working up along the front. I still believe a cool spell is coming near the 20th or just after for a few days before Spring completely takes over. And yes... when we get back towards reality, I am still not ruling out a low chance of light snow. Until that signal completely dies out, it is going to be stuck in my mind. ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Sawdoggie
Rain Shower

Post by Sawdoggie »

Still have a couple of snow piles (stumps) hanging on this morning at the office!
IMG_0317.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christian
Madeira by week, Ripley, OH by weekend
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOHRIPLE5
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wow! That's pretty cool, Christian! :thumbupleft:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

4NG6Mgz.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
jjfight
Rain Shower

Post by jjfight »

I haven't been on in a while - just like to say I'm loving the new look! Congrats!
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

jjfight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 am I haven't been on in a while - just like to say I'm loving the new look! Congrats!
Gracias! Still a work in progress but glad to hear you like it! :)
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

jjfight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 am I haven't been on in a while - just like to say I'm loving the new look! Congrats!
Nice to see people slowly coming back... you included. :grin:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thurs night into Fri continues to look like a decent shot of rain. Up to 1" is possible with this first system alone per the current GFS run and past Euro runs.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Looks like the high clouds are going to put the stop on us hitting 70 today. Still though even as of 12pm, I am at 62 degrees and the wind is light. So a lovely day in progress. Winds will pick up tomorrow and Thurs ahead of our next rain maker.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Topped out at 63 yesterday and currently 59 here in G'ville. :) Going for around 65 today! :grin:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:48 am Good morning all! We've got a shot at getting close to 70 today thru Thursday before rain moves in with a cold front by Friday. The front now looks to slip south of the area for a cloudy, but cool weekend. It may actually turn out to be dry. Temps near 50. Then the front comes back as a warm front by Monday with rain returning. The front looks to stick around for a good chunk of next week so flooding concerns on the Ohio may again return should repeated rounds of heavy rain occur upstream from Cincinnati. Models currently look to be coming in with rainfall amounts over 2" or more depending on the model you choose. We shall see how things shake out in the days to come.
Prayerfully that 6 yr-old boy's body will be located before next week. Hopefully there's sonar devices these days to aid in search and recovery.
jjfight
Rain Shower

Post by jjfight »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 am
Nice to see people slowly coming back... you included. :grin:
;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro coming in similar to the GFS for Thurs night into Friday with rainfall amounts. 0.90" at CVG on this run.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:13 am Good morning Tim! It was so beautiful yesterday with a couple more beauties coming. Also had the grill fired up yesterday after work. Glad that Tru Green came out and put down the crab grass killer so in 2 weeks I can start throwing some seed out there. Anyway... It looks like we get rain next week on Monday then again Wed / Thurs time frame with several systems working up along the front. I still believe a cool spell is coming near the 20th or just after for a few days before Spring completely takes over. And yes... when we get back towards reality, I am still not ruling out a low chance of light snow. Until that signal completely dies out, it is going to be stuck in my mind. ;)
Hi Les,

Tru Green does the property of my folks and myself too. :) That lawn care service had been doing the same for my aunt and uncle for several years at this house that we bought from them in July 2013. :mowlawn: In fact our TG guy Matt was just here this morning for the 1st application of the Spring season. :)

Currently 61 here in G'ville.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The Euro then gives us another 0.85" Monday / Tues next week. Another 0.80" comes Wed night into Thurs before cooler air settles in.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm Hi Les,

Tru Green does the property of my folks and myself too. :) That lawn care service had been doing the same for my aunt and uncle for several years at this house that we bought from them in July 2013. :mowlawn: In fact our TG guy Matt was just here this morning for the 1st application of the Spring season. :)

Currently 61 here in G'ville.
Hey Eric... we used Scott's Lawn Service back in the old days and switched to Tru Green many years ago. We got a better deal thru them. We pay for 6 treatments and get a 7th for free! :mowlawn:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

66 at CVG currently. The clouds killed our 70 degree chances. We'll try it again tomorrow but again, it will be cloud cover dependent.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

67 here and at CVG today...

18Z GFS brings in 0.67" Thurs night into Friday. Then the model is a bit faster bringing in some showers on Sunday instead of holding off until next week. (I like the slower Euro solution personally) but anyway heaviest rains come Sun night into Monday with another 1/2 to 3/4". Then more action on Wed.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:29 pm 67 here and at CVG today...

18Z GFS brings in 0.67" Thurs night into Friday. Then the model is a bit faster bringing in some showers on Sunday instead of holding off until next week. (I like the slower Euro solution personally) but anyway heaviest rains come Sun night into Monday with another 1/2 to 3/4". Then more action on Wed.
GFS went substantially colder for Sunday with possible sleet /graupel in the afternoon before changing to rain late
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Topped off at 63 here in G'ville and going for around 66 tomorrow. :grin:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

GFS went substantially colder for Sunday with possible sleet /graupel in the afternoon before changing to rain late
What do you think? Personally, I like highs 45 to 50 this weekend and lows 30 to 35 for the area the way it stands right now. GFS seems a bit too cold and too fast with the moisture at this point. If the Euro is right, we should be dry this weekend... cooler of course, but dry.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:54 pm
Bgoney wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:43 pm

What do you think? Personally, I like highs 45 to 50 this weekend and lows 30 to 35 for the area the way it stands right now. GFS seems a bit too cold and too fast with the moisture at this point. If the Euro is right, we should be dry this weekend... cooler of course, but dry.
Got to 68 here.

That sounds good to me Les, cool even raw weekend on tap, .maybe some sprinkles at times . Cut off low is going to take its time in the Rockies and thats great for them, 2 to 3'+ , they need it.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Going out for lunch tomorrow with my folks, 2 aunts (Mom's sisters), a cousin and her Mom to a place in Osgood, OH north of Greenville for a farewell send off for my cousin who will be moving to Florida later this month. :)

Not looking forward to the possible gusts up to 40 mph at times but oh well. :thumbupright: