Lawn & Garden Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: Lawn & Garden Thread

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:48 pm Same. Just keeping the essentials watered here too. (Thanks to your advise of course Bgoney and Kris when we see him post lol)
Yea , I bet Kris is sick about this drought and effects on the arboretum. I was thinking about visiting the arboretum but i know how things would look, it would be to depressing. They have quite a collection of conifers there and I know they can’t water that stuff
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:08 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:48 pm Same. Just keeping the essentials watered here too. (Thanks to your advise of course Bgoney and Kris when we see him post lol)
Yea , I bet Kris is sick about this drought and effects on the arboretum. I was thinking about visiting the arboretum but i know how things would look, it would be to depressing. They have quite a collection of conifers there and I know they can’t water that stuff
I've seen a lot of his posts on Facebook. His own posts and from the Arboretum. They are absolutely having a rough time!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:02 pm
I've seen a lot of his posts on Facebook. His own posts and from the Arboretum. They are absolutely having a rough time!
Are they on the arboretum blog sight?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:15 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:02 pm
Are they on the arboretum blog sight?
I'm not sure. I don't know the web address. This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BCArboretum
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Threw some winter wheat cover crop on the garden today. Any winter cover crop will do. It’s a great weed suppressor along with all the other good stuff it provides
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

My spinach seeds just came in so waiting until next month to sow those for my winter / early spring crop.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Here’s a pick of a driveway covered in spruce needles ( if you zoom in. This has beeen going on for 6 weeks already and not just at this property. Expecting another large percentage of these trees to die or look like crap the rest of there life , much like the last 3 years. Some of these Norway spruce are 100 feet tall and are destined for tree removal because they may be alive , their beauty will never be restored

IMG_2294.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh wow! Such a shame.... The weather has been so cruel to our lawns, gardens, trees, shrubs, etc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Winter wheat has already sprouted thanks to the timely rains. Pepper plants are still going crazy to the point I’m sick of them. I’ve been giving them away to everyone, including the numerous delivery people from my wife’s compulsive disorder of ordering on line
Last edited by Bgoney on Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:53 am Winter wheat has already sprouted thanks to the timely rains
After the hurricane leftovers move thru, I'll get my spinach seeds in the ground.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just got done sowing my spinach seeds. They should be up in 7-14 days.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I wrapped up the gardening season today and pout away all the flower pots and stuff. I just have to mow, trim, and edge tomorrow after work and the outside will be looking decent again. The only thing to water now until the Fall rains return are my spinach seeds. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Some of the spinach sprouted when I watered it today! Looks like little blades of grass when they first come up. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page