August 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: August 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Yes I have 95-97 possible next week and if the dew points rise too much then we will not get there but if they stay under 67 I believe a real possibility. Either way going to be hot and dry for the most part
Jacob755
Rain Shower

Post by Jacob755 »

The GFS run, in particular, has two days of air temperatures in the triple digits, which seems extreme. It’s unlikely, but I would put it near the upper 90s, like around 96° or 97°. Anything higher than that seems unlikely at the moment, but we’ll see what happens in the coming days.
Owner of Cincinnati Regional weather Center https://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiDelh ... tid=LQQJ4d
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

I’ll go with the trend of higher creeping temps , 97- 99 range is doable, Tuesday/wednesday. Probably even a few red flag days next week at some point for parts of the region
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 86 at both here in G'ville and in DAY.

88 in CVG so could get 89'ed or possibly 90 before the afternoon is over.
Eric

Greenville, OH
Jacob755
Rain Shower

Post by Jacob755 »

I was not expecting the temperature to get slightly higher than 91° for today’s high at Delhi Ohio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Owner of Cincinnati Regional weather Center https://www.facebook.com/CincinnatiDelh ... tid=LQQJ4d
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Both CVG / CMH reached 91 and DAY 89'ed today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Evening and off to the races with 90 plus temps. The humidity though is not bad and usually when you get 90's in late August or September the humidity is not bad unless you have a tropical system which we do not have at the moment. I still believe we can get to the 95-97 range Tuesday and Wednesday if the dew points stay below 67. If they go higher that makes it awful hard for temps to hit 95 around here. We have the dews at the moment in the low 60's and probably go into the mid-60's on Sunday and Monday but what happens after that is key to high temps. Yes the days are a bit shorter so that also gives us a little less time for heating as well.

Then models late next week show some chances of rain with the gfs showing much more in the way of rain compared to the Euro. Which is correct and at the moment I really have not made a choice but by the end of next weekend cooler air should move in and the following week very nice once again. Tropics and still no sign near the USA and that is one reason I believe the cooler air will be able to make it through here next weekend. When we do have tropical weather nearby that is when the cooler air will slow down and its much harder to get in here.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! I don't think we'll see 100 degree heat but I do think 95 is achievable for sure. Rain chances continue to look slim until late in the week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning Les and yes 100 seems unlikely. I still like 95-97 if the dews stay lower. If we get some more moisture in here then will need to knock off a few degrees. Even today I would expect low 90's and Monday maybe 92-94. End of the week we will need to see rain chances added in but once again look scattered but some cloud cover should lower temps some before a better shot over the weekend. Tropics still quiet in the Atlantic and yes they will become more active in the coming weeks but how active is still unknown but the higher total predictions are very unlikely.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:53 am Good Morning Les and yes 100 seems unlikely. I still like 95-97 if the dews stay lower. If we get some more moisture in here then will need to knock off a few degrees. Even today I would expect low 90's and Monday maybe 92-94. End of the week we will need to see rain chances added in but once again look scattered but some cloud cover should lower temps some before a better shot over the weekend. Tropics still quiet in the Atlantic and yes they will become more active in the coming weeks but how active is still unknown but the higher total predictions are very unlikely.
That's a nice call Tim. I am in agreement. The heat may last thru Saturday now. The front looks to pass now on Sunday giving us a pleasant Labor Day.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 90 both here in G'ville and in DAY. CVG has gotten to 92.
Eric

Greenville, OH
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Looks like cvg hit 93 for a breath. High temps continuing the trend of slightly over performing the forecast highs
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I hit 93 also today. Dews mixed out at 63 so as long as the dews don't get too high, along with the dry ground, we should be able to max out high temps this week. I think the dewpoints will be very key to that. The drier the air mass, the hotter we can get unfortunately.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:35 pm Looks like cvg hit 93 for a breath. High temps continuing the trend of slightly over performing the forecast highs
Yes and with dew points staying lower temps can go higher. We will see this continue through at least Wednesday and the dew points will be a big factor on high temps.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Both CVG / CMH got to 94 and DAY 93 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Evening and not much to talk about this week but the heat. I do want to talk about the models in the extended and what I have seen is next weekend they have been keeping the heat around longer but this is a problem with these models and they get info that sends them in that direction when in reality the cooler weather should have no problem coming in next weekend. One thing if a tropical system or even a slow moving low along the front but we have neither so I throw out the models when they show this and my guess they will come back around in the next few days.
airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

last week was amazing we had a record low daily high for Wed of only 68 degrees! the whole week was beautiful. sunny breezy and cool for August standards. for August its hard to get a day like that let alone an entire week. the next week will be back to normal but it makes me wonder if we will see that occur again in September maybe. we have had some very hot Septembers in recent years so a cooler one will be welcomed
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! It's all about the heat this week as everyone knows. 93 to 98 is a good temp range for most locations this week across the OV. Rain chances look slim. There is a chance for storms on Wed as the SPC has us in a marginal risk. I am doubting the chances down here but our I-70 Crew could potentially see some benefits from it. We shall see once we get closer. Fri afternoon into Sat morning is our best chance with a cold front. Too bad the timing on it does not currently look favorable for widespread coverage. Hopefully we're back into the 80s by then after the hottest air of the 2024 summer season occurs this week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Been going with 97-99 range for a while with midweek temps . The early leaf changes you’ve been seeing for a couple weeks is 100% due to drought stress, by the end of this next heat spell it’s going to be much more noticeable.
Jacob755
Rain Shower

Post by Jacob755 »

It looks like the high-pressure ridge could dig in a little bit deeper into the Ohio valley could bring the temperatures at records at Cincinnati I’m estimating we could see 100° value somewhere in the region mainly around Cincinnati
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:09 am Been going with 97-99 range for a while with midweek temps . The early leaf changes you’ve been seeing for a couple weeks is 100% due to drought stress, by the end of this next heat spell it’s going to be much more noticeable.
IMBY, the leaves are just dropping off due to the dryness and aren't really even changing.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Jacob755 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:13 am It looks like the high-pressure ridge could dig in a little bit deeper into the Ohio valley could bring the temperatures at records at Cincinnati I’m estimating we could see 100° value somewhere in the region mainly around Cincinnati
If CVG can hit 97 or higher, it'll be the hottest temps since 2012. :o
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:32 am
Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:09 am Been going with 97-99 range for a while with midweek temps . The early leaf changes you’ve been seeing for a couple weeks is 100% due to drought stress, by the end of this next heat spell it’s going to be much more noticeable.
IMBY, the leaves are just dropping off due to the dryness and aren't really even changing.
Absolutely, since the beginning of August there’s been early leaf drop . The poplars and nut tree species especially. Also seeing early evergreen needles dropping like flies. Not good
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:36 am
tron777 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:32 am
Absolutely, since the beginning of August there’s been early leaf drop . The poplars and nut tree species especially. Also seeing early evergreen needles dropping like flies. Not good
Agreed, it's not good at all. I've also been noticing small / under developed acorns even starting to drop off of oak trees.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:54 am
House of Cards wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:41 am Feels glorious outside!!!!! Got the lawn mowed last night, have some weed trimming to do to complete it today, but wow. Love this time of the year!
In about 48-60 hours from now, I'm not going to like it one bit! :lol:
boy, you sure weren't kidding! Wife and I went out to Germania Oktoberfest Friday night, it was perfect weather; but Saturday was nasty! Even sitting by a swimming pool. By Sunday, we ran up the white flag completely and just stayed in the house. Can't imagine how the rest of the week is going to play out. Going to be reports of people bursting into flames this week! :P :extinguish: :extinguish: Hoping we finally get over the hump and cool back down for the weekend!
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain