July 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:24 am
tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:22 am Great Post Les and though I play golf on Thursday afternoon that time period looks to have a nice chance of showers and storms as the front is near us. Looking ahead and the pattern is stuck where we get warm and humid with chances of rain and then a cold front comes through to give us relief from the humidity for a few days before we ramp up chances for rain once again. This will take us into August so really not so bad in terms of summer heat
Tim.... late this month and into Aug, if the fantasy GFS is right, we may get back into a NW flow type of pattern where a boundary is stuck on top of us and we'd be prone to MCS's if correct. Would love to see that come to fruition.
I saw that Les. Interesting this summer and yes a few bouts of heat but nothing horrible imo. This past winter New Mexico and Arizona were very dry and the current monsoon season out there is struggling and this allows the heat to remain mainly out in the west. Of course the eastern half of Texas has been wet and this also has put a damper on them getting really hot compared to normal this summer. The Bermuda High made some inroads at times but for the most part has been in the Atlantic ocean and this has allowed fronts still able to get rather far south and this has given the southern plains and southeast some rain this summer which has kept any heat waves to a short period of time.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:22 am Great Post Les and though I play golf on Thursday afternoon that time period looks to have a nice chance of showers and storms as the front is near us. Looking ahead and the pattern is stuck where we get warm and humid with chances of rain and then a cold front comes through to give us relief from the humidity for a few days before we ramp up chances for rain once again. This will take us into August so really not so bad in terms of summer heat
Hi Tim, Thurs morning looks good though for the links, bro. :)
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:04 am
Hi Tim, Thurs morning looks good though for the links, bro. :)
Agreed. The lack of rainfall is really my only compliant for this summer at the moment. Temps haven't been too much out of the ordinary as you mentioned. It's nice to get a break from those high dews every now and then also.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

Good morning
Received.60 last evening and .35 the day before, so no watering the garden for a couple days.
It’s been awhile since I mowed, thinking possibly tomorrow
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mjr wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:39 am Good morning
Received.60 last evening and .35 the day before, so no watering the garden for a couple days.
It’s been awhile since I mowed, thinking possibly tomorrow
Awesome! :thumbsup: I saw where some of you guys on the East Side of Metro Cincy got hit pretty good last evening.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:offtopic: Cheatle has resigned. Good riddance! Hopefully she'll be replaced with someone who is competent.

Currently 77 here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 83 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

Greenville, OH
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Nice moisture flow (water vapor) paralleling 71 and south and with abundant sunshine just to the north, it looks good for that part of the region for development of storms later this afternoon in a scattered fashion. SB cape in the 2000s , pwats are also slightly higher while being closer to the frontal boundary in KY
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:16 am Nice moisture flow (water vapor) paralleling 71 and south and with abundant sunshine just to the north, it looks good for that part of the region for development of storms later this afternoon in a scattered fashion. SB cape in the 2000s , pwats are also slightly higher while being closer to the frontal boundary in KY
12Z HRRR and NAM aren't showing much of anything. You can see a boundary along the I-71 corridor on visible satellite as well as the dew point map per SPC Meso page. The models maybe a bit underdone. I like the scattered coverage idea that we have been talking about on here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:26 am
Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:16 am Nice moisture flow (water vapor) paralleling 71 and south and with abundant sunshine just to the north, it looks good for that part of the region for development of storms later this afternoon in a scattered fashion. SB cape in the 2000s , pwats are also slightly higher while being closer to the frontal boundary in KY
12Z HRRR and NAM aren't showing much of anything. You can see a boundary along the I-71 corridor on visible satellite as well as the dew point map per SPC Meso page. The models maybe a bit underdone. I like the scattered coverage idea that we have been talking about on here.
Convective temp is 78 , so I think development is reasonable. Already seeing some tall towers out there
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:37 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:26 am
Convective temp is 78 , so I think development is reasonable. Already seeing some tall towers out there
Yep. I am seeing the same outside of the office window here in Mason.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Just saw the hi-res Nam and that looks about what I’m expecting for later on
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:12 pm Just saw the hi-res Nam and that looks about what I’m expecting for later on
It is more impressive for tomorrow and Thurs afternoons as well then most of the other guidance,
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:14 pm
Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:12 pm Just saw the hi-res Nam and that looks about what I’m expecting for later on
It is more impressive for tomorrow and Thurs afternoons as well then most of the other guidance,
Just looked at radar and it’s already lighting up south/east of 71, lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:17 pm
Yep! Looks like some scattered action in between Dayton and Columbus too for our northern posters. I hope you are able to catch a storm today out in the 'Burg. Good luck!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric

Greenville, OH
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It looks like the boundary is SE of CVG since the winds are now out of the west and the dew point has dropped a couple of degrees.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Amelia area looks like it had another heavy shower
Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:34 pm Amelia area looks like it had another heavy shower
Correct! We actually had 2 showers pass through.
Add another 1/2 inch more to my total now is 1.10 inches
In the past 24 hours.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:44 pm
Bgoney wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:17 pm
Yep! Looks like some scattered action in between Dayton and Columbus too for our northern posters. I hope you are able to catch a storm today out in the 'Burg. Good luck!!!
And I finally did have luck, got home and had an inch in the gauge from that shower that went through south central clermont into my hood. The gold medal goes to the HiRes NAM
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and I feel like Charlie Brown as all I got is a rock which happens to be what if feels like on the ground. No rain and nothing on radar that looks like its heading my way. The ground is so ugly and I will take a pic later to show what it looks like with very little rain over the past 45 days or so.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Fairbanks,Alaska could hit 88 later today which is near a record high. They hit 84 on Monday. Of course by the end of the week back in the 60's for highs but with so much daylight you can see temps get rather high in the interior part of Alaska. I believe its been rather dry in the interior as well though the panhandle has been very wet and cool this summer
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Glad to hear some of you cashing in! We've got to work on your Dome, Tim! When I get rain and you don't, it's a sad day my friend. :lol: On the other hand. if you cash in on the snow dept this winter, then all will be forgotten with regards to the lack of rain this summer, correct? ;)

85 in my hood today, CVG hit 87.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:03 pm Fairbanks,Alaska could hit 88 later today which is near a record high. They hit 84 on Monday. Of course by the end of the week back in the 60's for highs but with so much daylight you can see temps get rather high in the interior part of Alaska. I believe its been rather dry in the interior as well though the panhandle has been very wet and cool this summer
I wouldn't be surprised to see some rouge location hit 90 in interior AK while that big ridge is in place. It has happened before, but it doesn't happen all that often that is for sure.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 87 and both DAY / CMH 85 today.
Eric

Greenville, OH