June 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

One loan t-storm S of Brookville, IN otherwise the rest of the isolated action is north of most AV posters.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

It doesn't look as if CVG is going to make it to 90 today. There is still time, but it's running out. Heckuva way to run a heat wave.
Doug

Huber Heights
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

dce wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:15 pm It doesn't look as if CVG is going to make it to 90 today. There is still time, but it's running out. Heckuva way to run a heat wave.
Hey Doug and its always hard to hit 90 or above once we get that dew point over 72. Yes it has happened but never easy around here. The next 3 days if the dew point drops into the mid-upper 60's then we may get the temp to hit the mid-90's but need to wait and see .
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:20 pm
dce wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:15 pm It doesn't look as if CVG is going to make it to 90 today. There is still time, but it's running out. Heckuva way to run a heat wave.
Hey Doug and its always hard to hit 90 or above once we get that dew point over 72. Yes it has happened but never easy around here. The next 3 days if the dew point drops into the mid-upper 60's then we may get the temp to hit the mid-90's but need to wait and see .
No complaints from me! However, the heat ridge will expand more to the west tomorrow so we will see more sunshine Thurs - Sat and less in the way of clouds / storm chances.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Looks like CVG got 89'ed per the 5pm climate report unless something changes. I also got 89'ed today. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

...HEAT ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT SATURDAY...

* WHAT...A prolonged period of dangerously hot conditions with heat
index values near 100 degrees.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and southeast Indiana, northeast
and northern Kentucky, and central, south central, southwest, and
west central Ohio.

* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

I liked your call for 90-92 from the beginning. As you thought, the models were overdoing the temperatures for our area. Like Les said, the heat dome will expand the next couple of days. I can see 93-95, but I do not buy the upper 90's many outlets have been touting for Friday and Saturday.
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:48 pm
I liked your call for 90-92 from the beginning. As you thought, the models were overdoing the temperatures for our area. Like Les said, the heat dome will expand the next couple of days. I can see 93-95, but I do not buy the upper 90's many outlets have been touting for Friday and Saturday.
I agree Doug. The upper 90s are definitely too high!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

dce wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:48 pm
Agreed. I do see us getting some hundreds this summer, just not this week lol
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 90, DAY 92 and CMH 91 on Wed.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning and Happy first day of Summer to you all! It's the solstice and after today, the days will slowly start getting shorter (thank God!) :lol: 88-92 today, still going with the mid 90s Fri and Sat with a chance for storms Sunday as a cold front moves into the area, I think we get a one day break next week on Monday with lower humidity and the upper 80s before the 90s come back in by Tues of next week. This forum has been honking about a hot summer this year and well, here it is! :lol: Although, I thought it would come a bit later and not this early so my timing was definitely off.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Well folks... the overnight climate report came in and CVG did get a sneaky 90 in there yesterday at 3:56 PM. The streak of 90s continue and I will edit the contest thread as a result.

Code: Select all

CLIMATE REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH
144 AM EDT THU JUN 20 2024

...THE CINCINNATI OH CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR JUNE 19 2024...

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD: 1991 TO 2020
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD: 1869 TO 2024

WEATHER ITEM   OBSERVED TIME   RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST      
                VALUE   (LST)  VALUE       VALUE  FROM      YEAR     
                                                  NORMAL           
TEMPERATURE (F)                                                          
 YESTERDAY                                                           
  MAXIMUM         90   3:56 PM  97    1933  84      6       73        
  MINIMUM         75   6:19 AM  46    1965  63     12       66        
  AVERAGE         83                        73     10       70     

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and another typical summer day ahead. I am with Les and not a fan of the heat and humidity but yes your body adjust over a period of time and I can already tell the difference. Heat wave in the northeast and yes I agree but here locally we can't even get to a heat advisory level though one was issued early in the week. Today once again will be similar and if the dew points stay in the low 70's then 90 or 91 at best. If the dews get into the upper 60's then we can see 92 or 93 but how it feels will be about the same. Do we get into the mid 90's Friday-Sunday and yes must be 94 to be considered the mid-90's. Sure and main reason would be a front to the northwest is moving this way and we are still drying out but not sure we will ever reach heat advisory level.

Next week and it looks like chances for showers and thundershowers will increase compared to this week and hopefully that will at least push back the short term drought. If we are unlucky and very few get rain then yes the short term and fast drought will most likely happen.

I saw something on the news or internet about how this year is the hottest in 2000 years. Stop and when you throw out stories like this with no background you look foolish. The problem folks read this and either don't care or just believe this junk.

We do need to clear out a lot of the forest areas and this would help in keeping the vegetation that is alive to do much better. No doubt a big job but if the folks that are the climate fear mongers would just say lets get to work if they really believe the world is on fire there are many things you can do in helping the planet instead of having protest. Once I see these folks working and taking care of the planet then I will at least listen to what they say but until then please put your signs down and get your hands dirty.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Morning Tim and such a wonderful post by you. it's all just common sense which unfortunately, isn't too common these days. :lol: Anyway, regarding the weather, not too much to add other then end of June and esp the 1st week of July... it's starting to look active for sure. Good news in the hopes for future rain prospects but bad news for those of us who are having 4th of July parties. Long ways to go though before we can nail down the timing on these MCS complexes and location of the frontal boundary, heat ridge, etc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

IMG_1833.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Mother Nature balancing things out once again as the drought in the northern plains is wiped away and we are in the short term drought. Hopefully we can stall this next week. Temps and dew points right on target this morning and looks like 92 may be the high.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:29 amIMG_1833.jpeg
Not surprised by that map. Hoping that it doesn't get any worse then D1. Fingers crossed! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:18 am Mother Nature balancing things out once again as the drought in the northern plains is wiped away and we are in the short term drought. Hopefully we can stall this next week. Temps and dew points right on target this morning and looks like 92 may be the high.
Agreed Tim... the low 90s should be perfect! We'll see if we can hit 94+ tomorrow and Sat. I am totally expecting too but won't complain if we do fall short. ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A little more cloud cover then I expected today but 90+ is still easily reachable. 88 so far at CVG today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

A good chance (50-60%) one or both cvg and cmh can make top ten driest June's, given the forecast the rest of month with mostly isolated chances at t-storms

IMG_1834.jpeg
IMG_1835.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG got to 92 and both DAY / CMH 93 today.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I topped out at 90 today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

For those going to events like the Dayton Air Show e.g. this weekend stay hydrated etc.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Evening and a little more sun today than yesterday and with dew points in the upper 60's in the afternoon we got into the low 90's Friday and Saturday will really deal with the dew points and if we stay int he mid-upper 60's then 93 or 94 come into play but if we get to 70 or above then another low 90's looks good
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Not much change to talk about other then our Sunday / Sun night chance for storms with a cold front then we may get some relief by Thurs of next week with another front on Wed. Otherwise we continue to deal with the 90s. Although I think 88 or 89 on Monday looks good. We should be back into the mid 80s, I hope, by Thurs of next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page