June 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

90 as of 2pm at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 90 here in G'ville and 89 DAY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

91 so far here today, 92 CVG. Couple of pop up storms out there on radar. One to my SW which looks to miss me to the West.... naturally. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Both CVG / DAY got to 92 and CMH 95 today.
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Not expecting much sun today. I think we’ll stay in the 80s. Going with 88 at CVG.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and some clouds this morning. Give credit to Kevin on channel 5 as he uses the Euro for much of his forecast but decided to cut temps compared to what that model showed. Seems every summer the Euro gets out of whack with temps and are way too high. The only time the Euro does well is when we have a hot spell usually in August or September when the dew points are lower and those temps can rise quite a bit each day. We understand that on this forum and why the gfs has been the model for this week. Yes this week has been toasty but nothing unusual and really just a tad above normal and not sure we even hit what the NWS considers a heat advisory.

I am going to play the media in this post and tell folks please and really please do not wear your winter coats this week. Without the media I would have no ideal how to dress each day.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:21 am Not expecting much sun today. I think we’ll stay in the 80s. Going with 88 at CVG.
It'll be a perfect day to get 89'ed too. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:10 am Good Morning and some clouds this morning. Give credit to Kevin on channel 5 as he uses the Euro for much of his forecast but decided to cut temps compared to what that model showed. Seems every summer the Euro gets out of whack with temps and are way too high. The only time the Euro does well is when we have a hot spell usually in August or September when the dew points are lower and those temps can rise quite a bit each day. We understand that on this forum and why the gfs has been the model for this week. Yes this week has been toasty but nothing unusual and really just a tad above normal and not sure we even hit what the NWS considers a heat advisory.

I am going to play the media in this post and tell folks please and really please do not wear your winter coats this week. Without the media I would have no ideal how to dress each day.
Good morning Tim! We've talked about this before that the Euro has a severe warm bias. Not only with temps, but even with its ENSO forecasts too. Conversely, the GFS is on the other side of the coin with its cold bias which we see on display each winter. If we split the difference, then typically you'll be in pretty good shape as a forecaster.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It looks like the hottest temps and your best chance at hitting 95+ for CVG Land will be Fri and Sat as the ridge is at its strongest. I will be going out of town Fri evening, be back Monday as I have to head to Michigan for a graduation party. Good thing it is on a lake! They are expecting mid 90s on Sat there then some cooling t-storms on Sunday. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning Les and I hope you enjoy your trip. No doubt we get the highest temps just ahead of a cold front and that looks to be Friday and Saturday. Still not sure we get to the mid-90's as the high dew points tend to keep a cap on temps. Hopefully we can get some rain Sunday and like we have mentioned on here for about a month we could see that sudden drought after a rather wet spring. This happens because the spring has been wonderful in terms of water and the vegetation is doing well and then we shut off the rain and boom many things turn brown. We still have another week or so I believe to stay away from that but without many chances for rain it can happen.

BTW a nice frost advisory for parts of North Dakota and yes this has happened in the past in that region of the country but not every year by any means. Next week a little tricky and not sure models have the correct pattern down yet and give it a few more days and then worry about next week.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:03 am Good Morning Les and I hope you enjoy your trip. No doubt we get the highest temps just ahead of a cold front and that looks to be Friday and Saturday. Still not sure we get to the mid-90's as the high dew points tend to keep a cap on temps. Hopefully we can get some rain Sunday and like we have mentioned on here for about a month we could see that sudden drought after a rather wet spring. This happens because the spring has been wonderful in terms of water and the vegetation is doing well and then we shut off the rain and boom many things turn brown. We still have another week or so I believe to stay away from that but without many chances for rain it can happen.

BTW a nice frost advisory for parts of North Dakota and yes this has happened in the past in that region of the country but not every year by any means. Next week a little tricky and not sure models have the correct pattern down yet and give it a few more days and then worry about next week.
Thanks Tim! Channel 12 has us getting 12 days of 90+ in a row before we cool down. Today would be day #4 at CVG if we hit that mark. I looked it up, and the longest streak of 90 degree days in a row is 17 set back in 2011.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:28 am
tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:03 am Good Morning Les and I hope you enjoy your trip. No doubt we get the highest temps just ahead of a cold front and that looks to be Friday and Saturday. Still not sure we get to the mid-90's as the high dew points tend to keep a cap on temps. Hopefully we can get some rain Sunday and like we have mentioned on here for about a month we could see that sudden drought after a rather wet spring. This happens because the spring has been wonderful in terms of water and the vegetation is doing well and then we shut off the rain and boom many things turn brown. We still have another week or so I believe to stay away from that but without many chances for rain it can happen.

Thanks Tim! Channel 12 has us getting 12 days of 90+ in a row before we cool down. Today would be day #4 at CVG if we hit that mark. I looked it up, and the longest streak of 90 degree days in a row is 17 set back in 2011.
The 12 days in a row will not happen and even if it were to occur mainly low 90's and most days not even getting to a heat advisory. They love to run with those 90's and again this is nothing new for this time of year and really mid-late June we normally have higher dew points than we are looking at and many time mid-upper 70's for dew while we are only in the low 70's. Part of that is we have not had much rain lately.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:24 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:28 am

The 12 days in a row will not happen and even if it were to occur mainly low 90's and most days not even getting to a heat advisory. They love to run with those 90's and again this is nothing new for this time of year and really mid-late June we normally have higher dew points than we are looking at and many time mid-upper 70's for dew while we are only in the low 70's. Part of that is we have not had much rain lately.
I agree Tim. It's not so much the actual air temp for me it is indeed the dew point. When it's in the 60s I don't care for it and once in the 70s, it's just downright nasty!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Exactly Les. May have a few more pop up storms today compared to the last two days especially for folks who missed out completely the last few days. Again these pop up,rain out and then you are good. I would love to see one here around 313pm
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:56 am Exactly Les. May have a few more pop up storms today compared to the last two days especially for folks who missed out completely the last few days. Again these pop up,rain out and then you are good. I would love to see one here around 313pm
Ditto that Tim! Everyday they go right around me. The Dome is definitely back!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The 12Z GFS wants to get us into the ridge rider pattern with some MCS action next week. Sure hope that is correct. No, we don't need the severe wx but we do need the rain.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:18 pm The 12Z GFS wants to get us into the ridge rider pattern with some MCS action next week. Sure hope that is correct. No, we don't need the severe wx but we do need the rain.
Les that is possible and one reason is the amount of moisture heading into Mexico and Texas moving west. This can get the flow from that area and head north along the western plains and then once in the Dakota's have these MCS's form and move east/southeast. Again no way this far out to predict where these will form and then head this way but there is things happening over the next few days that at lease we can see this happening.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:23 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:18 pm The 12Z GFS wants to get us into the ridge rider pattern with some MCS action next week. Sure hope that is correct. No, we don't need the severe wx but we do need the rain.
Les that is possible and one reason is the amount of moisture heading into Mexico and Texas moving west. This can get the flow from that area and head north along the western plains and then once in the Dakota's have these MCS's form and move east/southeast. Again no way this far out to predict where these will form and then head this way but there is things happening over the next few days that at lease we can see this happening.
It'll depend on the positioning of the ridge. If it's to our southwest it should be game on.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:36 pm
It'll depend on the positioning of the ridge. If it's to southwest it should be game on.
No doubt and I believe the ridge will be further to the southwest and one reason is over the past few weeks plenty of rain and cooler temps in the northern plains which would make it a tad harder for the ridge to expand further north than what models are showing. Models still have problem with recent soil conditions and do catch on about 3-5 days before and event usually.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:37 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:36 pm
It'll depend on the positioning of the ridge. If it's to southwest it should be game on.
No doubt and I believe the ridge will be further to the southwest and one reason is over the past few weeks plenty of rain and cooler temps in the northern plains which would make it a tad harder for the ridge to expand further north than what models are showing. Models still have problem with recent soil conditions and do catch on about 3-5 days before and event usually.
I know we'd run the risk for storms but as a trade off with that pattern it could be a bit "cooler" for my party. 80s versus this 90s crap. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

86 as of 2pm at CVG but the dewpoint is ridiculous at 74. I am off work today for the Juneteenth Holiday, so I was busy working on some more fireworks fusing in the garage and the sweat was just pouring off of me. Ugh... I hate summer for that very reason. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

BG's video from earlier today:

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page