June 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

86 here today.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:22 pm 83 as of 1pm at CVG with a dew of 57. Humidity thankfully is still in check today. ILN has bumped us up to a 40% chance for t-storms late tonight and for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.... :lol: The heat and humidity still looks to get going from Sunday onwards. Still awaiting the model battle for POPS / temps to be resolved for next week. Anywhere from 90 to 95 is possible for highs depending on the strength of the ridge and if any tropical moisture from the Gulf can get involved.
DAY I saw in a forecast on WDTN2 during the 4 o'clock segment could have some 95-96 readings, too, next week. Sizzleville for a lot of areas!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 87, DAY 88 and CMH 89'ed today.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Nice little decaying MCS moving thru the area. We need every drop we can get! ILN has us in the low 90s Sun, U90s Mon, and mid 90s the rest of next week. :o

Rainfall amounts so far:

CVG - 0.10" as of 4am
Me - 0.08" as of 4:30am
Boone Co mesonet - 0.07"as of 4:25am

I'm going to do a little fishing on Caesar's Creek after work today. Hopefully, the PM t-storm chance doesn't get me out there. Hopefully it gets back here at home instead. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

SPC has a marginal risk out now for NKY, and a good chunk of Ohio for this afternoon evening. I still expect the activity to be scattered but some small hail and gusty winds are possible in the stronger cells. Best lift and forcing should be over the Columbus area / Central Ohio. For us locally, we'll have to see how much CAPE we can get. Bulk shear is at 30 knots so it's marginal for severe storms (would prefer 40 knots).
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Current radar has a few isolated storms popping up north of the river ahead of that weak cold front.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

I’d rather see activity hold off a few more hours so cape can build and get rid of cin
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:45 am I’d rather see activity hold off a few more hours so cape can build and get rid of cin
Still pretty overcast here in Mason. CVG is up to 79 now as of 12pm. SPC Mesopage is still showing quite a bit of CIN. Mid morning update as of 10am from the boys:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

Nearly all pcpn has moved out of the area/ dissipated at the
time of this writing. Some lingering mid-level stratocu are
still spread over parts of the area, making for some difficult
temperature grid updates based on which areas are receiving
insolation and which aren`t. Patchy cloud cover will linger
through the afternoon ahead of the cold front that is
approaching from our west.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

IMG_1817.png

All the talk/hype of this upcoming so called death ridge the past week gives people the impression we’ve already been in it for awhile (as usual). Instead most of the country has been enjoying temps for June
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I agree Bgoney and nobody talks about the winter storm warnings in Montana. Again this happens ever so often in that part of the world this time of year but we won't hear about that in the media. As we have seen with the models and this has been a problem during the summer and they just get to warm in the extended only to lower the temps a few days ahead. I am still having problems of getting temps past 90 or 91 next week and maybe they will be correct of the mid-90's but I am just not seeing that happening. I could bust on this and I know every season is different but the Euro was so bad last summer its hard to rely on that model for temps in the summer
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG, DAY and CMH all got to 88 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Enjoy the nice cool weather today lol. Starting Sunday and through the next 10 days or so should feel like mid-summer. How hot and that is still up for debate but the longer we last without rainfall the chances are higher that later in the week we could get higher than the low 90's. At this point I am sticking with 90 or 91 for highs at CVG. Yesterday felt rather hot and sticky for much of the day. Enjoy the weekend and outdoor activities should be fine and even Sunday the heat will not be in full force but dew points will start climbing and by Monday back to the sweat shop.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! Did a little fishing last evening on Caesar's targeting saugeye. We caught a few shorts, 2 keepers, a perch, a few crappie, a bunch of sheepshead and white bass. I even hooked into a 6 lb blue cat fish! I was hoping it was a huge saugeye. :lol: It was hot but no rain at least.

As mentioned, today is the day to get outdoor things done before we start cooking in those 90s. ILN has a small chance for storms in the forecast on Monday otherwise they have us dry and hot.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG reached 85 and both DAY / CMH 83 today.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and let the heat begin. Today will be the first 90 degree day as you get that first surge of heat but the dew points rather low. Starting Monday though the humidity will join in to make it a beautiful week of heat and humidity. Still how high do we go and though I had 90 or 91 I may be a tad to low and the reason is a front will be to our northwest and in the summer when this happens a stalled front in that region pulls up the heat and temps go a tad higher than normal. This could be where folks in Ohio are hotter than say southern Kentucky. I see a heat advisory is already in place Monday-Friday. Hope everyone stays cool and I will be on here very little this week as my wife's Dad passed away on Saturday.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone but...

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Prolonged period of dangerously hot conditions with heat
index values around 100 possible.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and southeast Indiana and
central, south central, southwest, and west central Ohio.

* WHEN...From Monday afternoon through Friday evening.

* IMPACTS...Heat related illnesses increase significantly during
extreme heat and high humidity events, particularly for those
working or participating in outdoor activities.

A small chance for an afternoon or evening pop up storm is Monday and Tues. Good luck to all and get ready to bake! :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:49 am Good Morning and let the heat begin. Today will be the first 90 degree day as you get that first surge of heat but the dew points rather low. Starting Monday though the humidity will join in to make it a beautiful week of heat and humidity. Still how high do we go and though I had 90 or 91 I may be a tad to low and the reason is a front will be to our northwest and in the summer when this happens a stalled front in that region pulls up the heat and temps go a tad higher than normal. This could be where folks in Ohio are hotter than say southern Kentucky. I see a heat advisory is already in place Monday-Friday. Hope everyone stays cool and I will be on here very little this week as my wife's Dad passed away on Saturday.
Good morning Tim and I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Today is a tough day for our family too since it is Fathers Day. Prayers to you all! :hugs:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

15 day precip from 06z GFS. Gotta love it! LOL
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

So very sorry to hear, Tim. :cry: Prayers and thoughts with you, your wife and other family members, bro. :grouphug:

And for all families who have lost their fathers and grandfathers. :grouphug:
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les and Eric,thanks so much for the prayers and Les I know you lost your father recently and you always think about them and even a little more on father's day. Happy Father's Day to everyone
Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

tpweather wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:30 am Enjoy the nice cool weather today lol. Starting Sunday and through the next 10 days or so should feel like mid-summer. How hot and that is still up for debate but the longer we last without rainfall the chances are higher that later in the week we could get higher than the low 90's. At this point I am sticking with 90 or 91 for highs at CVG. Yesterday felt rather hot and sticky for much of the day. Enjoy the weekend and outdoor activities should be fine and even Sunday the heat will not be in full force but dew points will start climbing and by Monday back to the sweat shop.
Prayers to the family.
God Bless…
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:21 am 15 day precip from 06z GFS. Gotta love it! LOL
Truly awful, but probably correct.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:05 am Les and Eric,thanks so much for the prayers and Les I know you lost your father recently and you always think about them and even a little more on father's day. Happy Father's Day to everyone
You have my number Tim if you ever need to talk my friend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page