June 2024 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: June 2024 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

69 at CVG today, I hit 72.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG got to 69, DAY 65 and CMH 66 on Mon.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! 50 as of 4am at CVG 48 currently here. Soak it up because those darn 90s are coming! The only threat for rain is a dying front on Friday so that won't pan out very much for many people. Otherwise, lovely weather today, Wed won't be too bad either. The heat starts to turn on as well as the humidity by Thurs. Thinking 90+ for Friday on into next week. Rain chances next week start out slim but pick up as time goes on. I hope! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG has dropped to 48 now! :wub:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Upper 40's I am going to miss you!!! One thing to notice is the models sort of push back the 90's the closer we get and again this is the model mayhem we see in the winter as well and yes they just tend to get ahead of themselves. What I don't like seeing locally is lack of rainfall and we are getting drier. Yes we are going to see a few 90's but I still believe the models are too high for early next week and expect low 90's especially since the dew points are going to rise and this is key in how hot we can get. No doubt next week the overnight lows will be warm and this is a pattern we have seen for years as yes average temps have risen but much of that has been with overnight lows and why because of the added water vapor around the world due to the warmer than normal ocean waters.

Tons of tropical moisture is available and Florida its your turn to get some needed rainfall. Will this expand further north and west and we will see but would love to see a few days later next week that allows tropical moisture to head this way and no doubt the humidity would be awful but that is what we need to produce rainfall as the jet will be headed in its normal local of Canada.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

CVG got down to 47 I believe this morning. Very nice considering what is lurking around the corner. I'm sticking with the low 90s for max temps next week. However, ILN has us in the mid 90s come Monday. :( Whether it's 92 or 95, it's still going to feel miserable anyway you slice it. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:29 am Good morning all! 50 as of 4am at CVG 48 currently here. Soak it up because those darn 90s are coming! The only threat for rain is a dying front on Friday so that won't pan out very much for many people. Otherwise, lovely weather today, Wed won't be too bad either. The heat starts to turn on as well as the humidity by Thurs. Thinking 90+ for Friday on into next week. Rain chances next week start out slim but pick up as time goes on. I hope! :lol:
Good morning Les, seeing trends on the GFS of a cold front approaching in about 10 days with a lot of tropical moisture coming north from the flow out of the GOM. Not sure yet how and if this will take place?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:13 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:29 am Good morning all! 50 as of 4am at CVG 48 currently here. Soak it up because those darn 90s are coming! The only threat for rain is a dying front on Friday so that won't pan out very much for many people. Otherwise, lovely weather today, Wed won't be too bad either. The heat starts to turn on as well as the humidity by Thurs. Thinking 90+ for Friday on into next week. Rain chances next week start out slim but pick up as time goes on. I hope! :lol:
Good morning Les, seeing trends on the GFS of a cold front approaching in about 10 days with a lot of tropical moisture coming north from the flow out of the GOM. Not sure yet how and if this will take place?
Good morning Joe! We will have very high humidity as a result, but if the GFS / CMC are correct, then that tropical moisture will help in keeping temps down a tad. Euro is much drier and has higher temps as a result. Praying the GFS is correct lol NHC is watching a Gulf eave as we speak. They give it a 20% chance to develop over the next 5 days. I just made a post in our Atlantic Tropical subforum.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

szystorm564
Rain Shower

Post by szystorm564 »

Currently a wonderful 63 and sunny where i'm at. Makes it even more difficult to be at work. :lol:
Shayne Szymanski
SE Michigan Weather Nerd/Spotter/Firefighter/Turnkey
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

szystorm564 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:50 am Currently a wonderful 63 and sunny where i'm at. Makes it even more difficult to be at work. :lol:
Hey there Shayne! It's been forever since I've seen you post. Hope all is well with you! :) I feel the same way! We were in the 40s down here in Cincy Land this morning on our way into the mid 70s later. Enjoying this nice weather before the heat comes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

szystorm564
Rain Shower

Post by szystorm564 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:56 am
szystorm564 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:50 am Currently a wonderful 63 and sunny where i'm at. Makes it even more difficult to be at work. :lol:
Hey there Shayne! It's been forever since I've seen you post. Hope all is well with you! :) I feel the same way! We were in the 40s down here in Cincy Land this morning on our way into the mid 70s later. Enjoying this nice weather before the heat comes.

Everything is goind good. hope all is well with you too. I'll probably be around more, and chiming in more as well. Life is finally calming down some. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shayne Szymanski
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

szystorm564 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:07 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:56 am

Everything is goind good. hope all is well with you too. I'll probably be around more, and chiming in more as well. Life is finally calming down some. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Awesome! Glad to hear it. :thumbsup: I'm hanging in there! It's a busy time of year. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hey Shayne! 8-)

My folks and I moved to a retirement neighborhood community last early October in south Greenville. :)

Its been great wx and temp-wise, too, as my Dad and I play a game called Bocce Ball on occasion with a friend of our family from down the street and brand new BB court nearby. :)

Currently 70 here in G'ville.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:04 pm
Hey Shayne! 8-)

My folks and I moved to a retirement neighborhood community last early October in south Greenville. :)

Its been great wx and temp-wise, too, as my Dad and I play a game called Bocce Ball on occasion with a friend of our family from down the street and brand new BB court nearby. :)

I've played Bocce Ball before. it's a real challenge here in KY when our backyards are straight downhill! :lol: Played it with some neighbors years ago before they moved away,
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:06 pm
Hey Shayne! 8-)

I've played Bocce Ball before. it's a real challenge here in KY when our backyards are straight downhill! :lol: Played it with some neighbors years ago before they moved away,
Hey Bro, that would be quite a challenge with that gravitational component! :lol: My Dad and I had never played that ancient game derived in Italy until since living here. :) I've played twice so far having beaten my Dad and our friend Chip last Thurs and then our friend having won a couple games on Sat. :thumbupright: Yesterday Dad played and our friend won again! :)
szystorm564
Rain Shower

Post by szystorm564 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:16 pm
Hey Shayne! 8-)

Hey Bro, that would be quite a challenge with that gravitational component! :lol: My Dad and I had never played that ancient game derived in Italy until since living here. :) I've played twice so far having beaten my Dad and our friend Chip last Thurs and then our friend having won a couple games on Sat. :thumbupright: Yesterday Dad played and our friend won again! :)

Never tried that, but I have been trying pickleball with a few guys from work. Slowly getting it down :lol:
Shayne Szymanski
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

szystorm564 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:29 pm
Hey Shayne! 8-)

Never tried that, but I have been trying pickleball with a few guys from work. Slowly getting it down :lol:
Never tried pickle ball although I do hear that it has really gained in popularity.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hey Shayne! 8-)

Oh it is! Try playing going uphill. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

76 at CVG today per the 5pm climate report. 75 here! Why oh why can't we get this weather all summer long. :lol: For those of you who want pool weather, your time is coming. :) Tomorrow looks good. The temps and humidity start creeping up on Thurs.

I am still keeping a small chance for rain in with that weak front coming in on Friday otherwise, nothing until sometime next week. The hottest days look to be Father's Day and Monday of next week at the moment with low to mid 90s possible.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Hey Shayne! 8-)

I played bocce ball once back in the early 80's during lunch with a few beers as well. The good old days having a few drinks at lunch because your boss was doing the same. Have no ideal how I played but I know it was bocce ball. Pickle ball starting to pick up on that game and its fun and good exercise.
szystorm564
Rain Shower

Post by szystorm564 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:57 pm
I am still keeping a small chance for rain in with that weak front coming in on Friday otherwise, nothing until sometime next week. The hottest days look to be Father's Day and Monday of next week at the moment with low to mid 90s possible.
Definitely temps you dont want to be playing bocce ball, or pickleball in, Or anything for that matter. Sounds like the humidity is going to ramp up as well :jumpinganger: , and if thats the case im enjoying my week off of work either inside, or sitting on the back porch with some cold beer. :drinkingcheers:
Shayne Szymanski
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

szystorm564 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:11 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:57 pm
Definitely temps you dont want to be playing bocce ball, or pickleball in, Or anything for that matter. Sounds like the humidity is going to ramp up as well :jumpinganger: , and if thats the case im enjoying my week off of work either inside, or sitting on the back porch with some cold beer. :drinkingcheers:
That would be my vote! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Both CVG / DAY reached 76 and CMH 78 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! 51 IMBY this morning so the nice and refreshing air is still here for today, even though we'll make it into the lower 80s. Mid to upper 80s Thurs with the humidity starting to increase. I am backing Fri down to the mid and upper 80s due to that weakening front. A slim chance at a t-storm possible. 80s for Sat behind the front with our 1st legit 90 degree reading coming on Father's Day. Could even see the low 90s. Low to mid 90s on Monday of next week and this should be the hottest day of the week. Going with upper 80s to low 90s after that since we aren't yet sure when and where the best coverage of PM storms will be once the Gulf starts to open up for business.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page