July 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: July 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Still have some CAPE up to 1000 J/kg this evening with some shear up to 30 knots. Better shear of 40 knots exists back across IN where the better t-storm action currently is.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Still holding 78 / 71 here with the sun setting soon so plenty of juice still should anything work its way in here,
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Just need 2 more outs for a complete game in Cincy then the storms can move in. :) Don't want to the brew crew make a come back. Well, need the Reds to bat in the bottom of the 5th. :)
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Another 2 inches plus last night. Made it through July 16th and 3.98 inches of rain at CVG. The normal for the month is 4.03 and overnight we easily passed that by. Heat and going to be hard to get an extended period with the lush vegetation. Sure going to be humid but at the moment going to be tough for those stretches of 90 degree days.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

1.68" event total at CVG from yesterday and overnight / this morning. About an inch and three quarters here. Guess I'll be good to go while I'm gone. Not much rain until Friday the way it looks. Only spotty chances now until then. The flood watch can be dropped early.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Woolyworm
Rain Shower

Post by Woolyworm »

Woolyworm reporting 3.25" here at the woodpile since the storms started rolling Thursday evening. Ready to dry out some. Grandma Wooly's garden is flooded and she taking it out on all. Lol. Barefoot bean pickin weather for sure.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

2.67” storm total here - that is since the first batch on Thursday.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Added another 9 tenths overnight. 1.50 total since yesterday. Time to let it dry out.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Can't get a more perfect summer day, wow what a beauty. Expect much of the upcoming week to be awesome as well for mid July. NW flow and ring of fire type chances for rain dropping down from the NW starting Friday into the weekend. Totally different from last weeks SW flow.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:06 pm Can't get a more perfect summer day, wow what a beauty. Expect much of the upcoming week to be awesome as well for mid July. NW flow and ring of fire type chances for rain dropping down from the NW starting Friday into the weekend. Totally different from last weeks SW flow.
Exactly and great post. Need to dry out and mid-July and mowing twice a week which by this time of year I am usually down to once a week and then by early August once every 10 days or when it looks shabby. Highs will mainly be in the mid 80's and lows in the low to mid 60's which is wonderful for this time of year. The heat always tries and move east but the closer we get to the time period the models show it backs off and it makes sense with the lush vegetation over much of the central part of the country including us.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

:offtopic: My folks, 2 aunts (Mom's sisters), and I were blessed with great atmospheric conditions for our cousins reunion in Fort Branch, IN near Evansville on Sat and then having returned home this evening. :) Great time of fellowship and catching up! :thumbupleft: Ate at a restaurant called RZ's Cafe and had grilled salmon w/ bourbon glaze over a bed of rice and a side of green beans. :)

My gauge picked up a bit over 1.30" from this most recent system. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Down to 63 here this morning.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We're had some nice weather in northern Michigan. A nice breeze and the 80s. The bite is tough right now but we got 3 nice ones today around 4 pounds a piece. Size is right just need to refine things tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Dropped to 65 in my hood this AM. Pretty much rinse and repeat over the next several days. Overnight NAM and Euro tries to bring in some precip on Friday but looks scattered at best. GFS has precip holding off until Sunday with highest chances on Monday. Euro pretty dry through it's entire run (7/29).
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and another nice day for mid-July. Lawn is lush and no reason for that to change over the next week. Temps and humidity will go back up this weekend but only to seasonal norms and depending of the set up with the ridging to the west we could be in the path of mcs's once again.
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Models seem to be going dryer over the next 10 days. At least that is my observation.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Finally got into them today. Fish for dinner it is! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

young pup wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26 pm Models seem to be going dryer over the next 10 days. At least that is my observation.
Yes - the 12z GFS through 7/29 only has about a quarter to half inch total for much of AV land. The overnight Euro was not much better - it did have about an inch total for CVG, but much less for DAY and CMH.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:16 pm
young pup wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:26 pm Models seem to be going dryer over the next 10 days. At least that is my observation.
Yes - the 12z GFS through 7/29 only has about a quarter to half inch total for much of AV land. The overnight Euro was not much better - it did have about an inch total for CVG, but much less for DAY and CMH.
The GFS keeps wanting to nose the 594 ridge into the OV but mainly staying to our west/SW with us being in that NW flow. One thing I don't think that the models have a good handle on are the MCS's, as we get closer to any disturbances riding around the ridge the models may pick up on them more. We'll see of course!
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:16 pm
Yes, the gfs is definitely looking drier today. only 1.1 for the next 16 days for cmh. 1.4 for Day. and 1.2 for cincy. I caught a look of the local news nd they have 90's somedays next week around here. Be interesting to see how this plays out.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Air Quality Alert

OHZ042-051-053-060>062-222000-
Darke-Miami-Clark-Preble-Montgomery-Greene-
Including the cities of Greenville, Troy, Piqua, Tipp City,
Springfield, Eaton, Camden, Dayton, Kettering, Beavercreek,
Fairborn, and Xenia
354 PM EDT Wed Jul 21 2021

...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO MIDNIGHT EDT
THURSDAY NIGHT...

The Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission and the Regional Air
Pollution Control Agency have issued an Air Quality Alert for
Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Clark, Preble and Darke counties in the
Miami Valley Region, from midnight tonight to midnight EDT Thursday
night.

Levels of air pollution within the region may approach or exceed
unhealthy standards. For additional information, please visit
miamivalleyair.org or call 937-223-6323.

On Alert days, help reduce air pollution by taking the following
actions:

* Carpool, if possible, bike, walk or take the bus instead of
driving alone.
* Refuel your vehicle after 8 pm.
* Do not idle your vehicle, exhaust contributes to air pollution.
* Mow your lawn in the evening hours and avoid the use of
gas-powered lawn equipment.

$$
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and what a wonderful day for late July. Models have been trying to get the heat in here for over a month and once we get closer to time more rainfall shows up and the heat is delayed. This may happen again as models are trending that way once again. Getting lush ground over a wide area especially this time of year just makes it hard for heat to show up without showers and thundershowers in the forecast. Mowed Sunday and will be mowing once again today. My heat prediction for the summer is not looking good. The dry season during the growing season is mid-July - mid-Oct so normally rainfall is less during this 90 day period. Getting just a half of an inch a week and temps not getting out of control will keep most lawns in great shape. We still have the tropics to get going once again like they normally do in August and September and that usually brings us some higher heights which means temps getting to 90 or above but once again if we continue to see some rain each week that will lower those numbers though the humidity will be higher than normal and morning lows will be a tad higher than normal as well. Going to enjoy today as that talked about humidity will be in the cards again and that is really the only bad part of having lush vegetation
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Lol, Those air quality suggestions are a hoot
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Heading into the last 9 days of July and we will end up below normal temp wise and especially for daily highs. The rainfall and higher humidity has kept overnight lows somewhat higher but looks like we end up between 2 and 3 degrees below normal which I love.