June 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Re: June 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:41 am Side Note: Record heat in Western Canada is forecast. We're talking all time records in the next several days to week ahead. 94 is the all time record for Vancouver, BC and that has a shot of getting broken. The all time highest temp ever recorded in Canada I believe is either 114 or 115. That may have a shot as well. Pretty remarkable! Imagine this set up in winter. WOW! :lol:

EDIT: It's 113,
The highest temperature officially recorded in Canada is 45 °C (113 °F) on July 5, 1937 at Midale and at Yellow Grass, two small towns in southeastern Saskatchewan.
I think it will also spill into the Pacific NW of the US this weekend as I hear Seattle may top 100 and Portland 110+. For Portland, their all-time high is 107 so this would definitely be one for the record books! Of course the global warming fear mongers are loving this!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! Fri thru this weekend will feature multiple rounds of storms that weaken as they head our way. No doubt the further west you go the better your chances are. For us here locally, I am keeping POPS in but low as I've pointed out. I think for next week, that is when our highest chances will be. We should be able to pinpoint timing and location better once we see how good or bad the models are doing thru this weekend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:41 am Side Note: Record heat in Western Canada is forecast. We're talking all time records in the next several days to week ahead. 94 is the all time record for Vancouver, BC and that has a shot of getting broken. The all time highest temp ever recorded in Canada I believe is either 114 or 115. That may have a shot as well. Pretty remarkable! Imagine this set up in winter. WOW! :lol:

This pattern is going to stick around a while. Stubborn winter blocking in summer

gfs_z500a_namer_47.png
Love to see this pattern 6 months from today.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:56 am

This pattern is going to stick around a while. Stubborn winter blocking in summer

gfs_z500a_namer_47.png
Love to see this pattern 6 months from today.
You got that right! :polarfish:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:48 am

EDIT: It's 113,
The highest temperature officially recorded in Canada is 45 °C (113 °F) on July 5, 1937 at Midale and at Yellow Grass, two small towns in southeastern Saskatchewan.
I think it will also spill into the Pacific NW of the US this weekend as I hear Seattle may top 100 and Portland 110+. For Portland, their all-time high is 107 so this would definitely be one for the record books! Of course the global warming fear mongers are loving this!
Absolutely Mike! The MSM is eating this up. It's too bad that they don't talk about the science or the meteorology behind it like we do on here then anyone with an ounce of brains would realize that these processes are perfectly natural in our atmosphere.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Totally agree Bgoney. The hot July idea is slowly fading. Def for the first half of the month anyway I think.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

59 this morning for a low at CVG and also mby.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

58 here this morning.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

The lawn is mowed again and looking great. This is my own little contest for myself to see if I can hit the pattern through next Friday July 2nd. I am going with 2.77 inches of rain at CVG and 2 90 degree days.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Latest 12z NAM keeps I-75 and points east dry through 8pm Sunday. It tries to sneak in a few showers to areas west of 75 on Friday but if anything falls it shouldn't be a big deal locally IMO. Folks from KC through Chicago and into Michigan still appear to have major flooding concerns on this run.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mowed yesterday also! 12Z NAM shows very slim chances for us with the best action to our NW and West of our local area. I like that trend and I have no changes with my current thinking thru the weekend and on into next week. The uncertainty for me is towards the 4th of July Holiday weekend. How quick does the front come in and do the tropics slow things down as well are the biggest questions for me that need answering.

Good luck Tim with that call! I could see it happening with your rainfall numbers there easily. For 90 degree days... cloud blow off from storms to our West might make that tough. However, if that doesn't happen, you've absolutely got a shot with that too. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:57 am Latest 12z NAM keeps I-75 and points east dry through 8pm Sunday. It tries to sneak in a few showers to areas west of 75 on Friday but if anything falls it shouldn't be a big deal locally IMO. Folks from KC through Chicago and into Michigan still appear to have major flooding concerns on this run.
Where that rain train sets up... it's def going to be making headlines! I'm concerned for my relatives near the STL area with this set up and my family in S Mich as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:59 am
Where that rain train sets up... it's def going to be making headlines! I'm concerned for my relatives near the STL area with this set up and my family in S Mich as well.
Hopefully it stays to the north of STL which the NAM suggests, but S Mich looks like they are in the bullseye.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS thru 84 hours, if you compare it to the NAM has the heaviest totals from NC MO (North of STL) thru Central ILL and Northern IN. Places like STL and S Mich still are in a 2-4" band of rain. Better then 6-10" though which I believe we are going to see in a band across the Midwest.

For us locally, same story line. Low chances... highest West, lowest East thru this weekend with slowly increasing chances as we progress thru next week. That call looks pretty solid to me at this point.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We are already seeing some cirrus blow off from the t-storms over ILL. That's going to be a common theme for the next several days. We may need to knock a couple degrees off of highs as a result.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro only has spotty action for CVG Land until Thurs and Fri of next week when likely POPS are needed. The model actually clears some of the area with the front for a dry Holiday Weekend. On Sat 7/3 with the Euro's solution our NE Forecast area would have the best shot for showers.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

With the Euro's solution, Tim would have a great chance with his 2 90 degree day calls (which would be this weekend most likely) and his rainfall call would still have a chance with likely action scheduled for Thurs and Fri of next week. As usual, we'll see how things go.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:30 am
young pup wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:38 pm Been awol the past few days. I have stayed dry all week. Can't believe it. The lawns are starting to show signs of going dormant and browning up. Which model has been the closet to what has happened so far this spring and now just starting summer. If this was the end of July I would be fine as I am taking a week off then for vacation. :) :)
Check out the past 7 day QPF % of normal map....you can definitely see the haves and have nots. Wow!

precip_7d_accum_per_ohio_2021062312.png
Wow. Thanks for posting that.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

83 for my high today so far, same at CVG thanks to the clouds.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just a precursor of things to come for folks to our West and NW. This report was from earlier today.

Code: Select all

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
1231 PM CDT THU JUN 24 2021

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1149 AM     HEAVY RAIN       2 SE EMINGTON           40.95N 88.32W
06/24/2021  M3.39 INCH       LIVINGSTON         IL   PUBLIC

PRIVATE WEATHER STATION REPORTS 3.39 INCHES TOTAL RAINFALL OVER 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES. ALMOST 2.5 INCHES OCCURRED IN 1 HOUR.

&&

$$

WSL
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:59 am
cloudy72 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:57 am Latest 12z NAM keeps I-75 and points east dry through 8pm Sunday. It tries to sneak in a few showers to areas west of 75 on Friday but if anything falls it shouldn't be a big deal locally IMO. Folks from KC through Chicago and into Michigan still appear to have major flooding concerns on this run.
I have some cousins in O'Fallon, MO near St Louis and an aunt and cousin in Baldwin, MI near the Lake Michigan shore.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm 12Z Euro only has spotty action for CVG Land until Thurs and Fri of next week when likely POPS are needed. The model actually clears some of the area with the front for a dry Holiday Weekend. On Sat 7/3 with the Euro's solution our NE Forecast area would have the best shot for showers.
That would should bode well, if the case, for holiday celebrations / fireworks and sports including boat racing on the Ohio River near Madison, IN on July 3rd and 4th. :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

* Primary threats include...

Scattered damaging winds and isolated significant gusts to 80 mph likely

Isolated large hail events to 1.5 inches in diameter possible

A tornado or two possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Day 2 Friday ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.