September 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: September 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

This system is a dud for 95% of the area. :lol: Well, we get to enjoy nice temps. Then see what we can do next week starting with a Tuesday cold front.. For fun, visit the tropical forum where we track the tropics from around the globe, including hurricane Lee! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning! We have a 20% chance at a shower today and 30% next Tuesday. That's it. Otherwise wonderful temps incoming....
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:58 am Good morning! We have a 20% chance at a shower today and 30% next Tuesday. That's it. Otherwise wonderful temps incoming....
Good Morning Les. I am also going to throw in a chance later Saturday and Sunday for folks to the east. Have a lot of small disturbances that seem to be floating around and models will have it on one run and not the next. Concerning next Tuesday the gfs is more aggressive with rainfall. We need to watch these upper systems because if you are in the correct place it can become a day of clouds and light rain with temps not making it to 70. These are really hard to predict a location this far out and also how strong it will be. Again the Hurricane will cause model headaches and a traffic jam for weather systems.
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

Wondering if these low clouds will eventually burn off or we may not reach the forecasted mid to upper 70's?
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:11 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:58 am Good morning! We have a 20% chance at a shower today and 30% next Tuesday. That's it. Otherwise wonderful temps incoming....
Good Morning Les. I am also going to throw in a chance later Saturday and Sunday for folks to the east. Have a lot of small disturbances that seem to be floating around and models will have it on one run and not the next. Concerning next Tuesday the gfs is more aggressive with rainfall. We need to watch these upper systems because if you are in the correct place it can become a day of clouds and light rain with temps not making it to 70. These are really hard to predict a location this far out and also how strong it will be. Again the Hurricane will cause model headaches and a traffic jam for weather systems.
We could use a well timed frontal system at the same time Lee is coming in to make the right hand turn. Would love to see that hang the front up right over us for a few hours. Getting that timing just right, just like with snow storms, is difficult. Not impossible but hard to do.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:06 am Wondering if these low clouds will eventually burn off or we may not reach the forecasted mid to upper 70's?
We maybe stuck per visible sat for a good chunk of the day. Much drier air exists in ILL but that has a while to get in here. We still have some moisture trapped in the low levels. The sun doesn't have quite have as much power as it did back in the summer.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

I keep telling my students who came to XU from up north and the east coasts that Cincinnati WILL eventually realize it's supposed to be Autumn. The heat breaking today has been really nice.

We got a brief rain on Tuesday but that's about it.
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The Dome and CVG have been dry since 8/26. Other places have been much longer then that. Looking like most of us will be waiting until Tues. Hopefully someone out East can sneak something in this weekend as Tim mentioned but it looks slim.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Looking to late next week and with the Hurricane expected off the east coast this puts us in a very cool period. We may have a couple of days in the upper 60's for highs and if we clear off any night we could see mid-upper 40's. This would no doubt help with leave colors but the dryness makes them look sort of sad at the same time.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Older trees or sick trees are already dropping leaves here and seeing some light yellow leaf color developing on some trees as well. No doubt all due to the dryness.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Spent all afternoon mowing, fertilizing, and sowing grass seed. Within 5 minutes of completion, we got a quarter inch of rain. I must be livin the dream because that kind of stuff rarely happens to me.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We have a lot of partly to mostly cloudy days coming up with highs mainly in the 70s and lows in the low 60s, 50s if you can clear out at night.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:17 pm We have a lot of partly to mostly cloudy days coming up with highs mainly in the 70s and lows in the low 60s, 50s if you can clear out at night.
Had a few sprinkles while grilling tonight. Can expect a few over the next few days but nothing major. Les they had the first winter storm warning in Alaska today and love seeing in September
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

snowbo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:05 pm Spent all afternoon mowing, fertilizing, and sowing grass seed. Within 5 minutes of completion, we got a quarter inch of rain. I must be livin the dream because that kind of stuff rarely happens to me.
Great to hear you got a quarter inch, Bo after your lawn project! :thumbupleft:
Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

Off topic, but congrats Les! Your Lions ruled in KC.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Wxlrnr wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:27 pm Off topic, but congrats Les! Your Lions ruled in KC.
Yes, was great to see 'em edge out Mahomes and crew! 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Wxlrnr wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:27 pm Off topic, but congrats Les! Your Lions ruled in KC.
Thank you, thank you! Restore The Roar! :thumbsup: What a great start to the season for Detroit. Love the new culture they have there. Don't Quit!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning on this lovely Friday that we have in store. A Lions win and a little revenge for Bengals fans since we have already ruined their perfect season. :lol:

A few sprinkles possible today and tomorrow with mostly cloudy skies. The sun is back on Sunday. 70s thru the period expected. Low 80s return on Monday ahead of our front for Tues. 30-40% coverage for Tues and Wed of next week is the best I can do. Then we drop into the lower 70s for highs and lower 50s for lows. 60s / 40s for folks N of I-70 towards the end of next week? It is possible! Finally a real taste of fall is possible for us. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les nice win by the Lions. I am sure you are like me and sending in plays from your couch watching the game. Back to the nice preview of autumn weather. Over the next 10 days a few nice troughs will be arriving and this along with Hurricane Lee will keep us well below normal temp wise but rain chances will not be great . Watching this unfold the past 10 days even my prediction of lower temps could be too high. Wednesday or Thursday of next could be almost chilly. If we see a day of no sun and lower clouds temps may not get above the low 60's. I really thought upper 60's and that could still play out but getting into the time of year when no sun is available temps rise very little.

When you see a stretch of cooler weather like this in mid-September most likely the 90's are done until next May or June. Yes we will see some warmer days and getting to the 80's will still be on the board. I know the media was all over what they called the heat wave during the past week and yes it was hot for about 5 days and temps did manage to get 10 degrees above average. Well since we have a great chance of being 10 maybe 15 degrees below normal for 5 days do we call this a cold wave. You can't have it both ways and have folks believe that whatever you throw out is true.

Golf outing today at Kenton County and then on Saturday doing some work over at my daughter's house and then the Bengals on Sunday before heading out at 6am on Monday for Nashville,Indiana or we call it Brown County to play golf through next Thursday. I will try and post some this weekend but next week very unlikely so once I get back I will need my weather fix.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Have a great time Tim! Good time for Golf before our weather gets busy hopefully by next month. A fairly easy forecast for now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:05 am
Thank you, thank you! Restore The Roar! :thumbsup: What a great start to the season for Detroit. Love the new culture they have there. Don't Quit!
Love that the Lions beat the Tribe, too, after they beat the Bengals in the playoffs! :thumbsup:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

66 with a dew of 61 at CVG. A little NW wind. Feels nice to me after those humid 90s! Definitely starting to look and feel like Fall is settling in. Signs of it in nature too.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I have 2 cousins (bros) from here in Greenville and they'll be going to the Redlegs vs Cards game. :) Will be a great evening for that and just anything else outdoors! 8-)

Currently 64 here in G'ville and progged to top out at around 71 later today. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

For you leaf peepers out there, we have some fall color ongoing across the Northern tier of states per:

https://smokymountains.com/fall-foliage-map/

This is a good website to track the leaf change this Fall season across the country as well as the estimated peak date for our region.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page