April 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: April 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by Bgoney »

CD80CA02-7F8E-4A84-83F1-DF1B9B66A975.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

I ended up with 1.6 here. It looks like that verifies the map.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The above map proves we could use some drying out time. :lol: CVG managed to get to 50 finally as of 4pm. Clouds hung tough today but that was the forecast so that worked out well. I don't think we'll see wall to wall sunshine until Easter Sunday.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all and a Happy Good Friday to all of you!

Another gloomy day in the 50s before better weather moves in tomorrow. Sunny skies by Easter. Mainly dry weather which continues all of next week. Even an 80 or two is likely by the end of the week. Next system is due in by next weekend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I was off work today on this Good Friday. Mowed the lawn for the first time today! Looks great! Lush and dark green.

Going to my Brothers tomorrow to help him put up railing on his deck so that project can get finished. Then, it is back home on Easter. Gotta hide eggs for the kids outside. Perfect weather this year! Hope all of you have a great Easter weekend with your family and friends! Relax and recharge while the weather is calm.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!! :birthdaymulticolor: :cake:

I hope that you're enjoying your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)

Currently 48 here in G'ville and progged for around 30 Sat AM. Then a high near 60 later. :sunny:
Mjr
Rain Shower

Post by Mjr »

“For He Has Risen”
-Enjoy this beautiful day-
Happy Easter to All!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Happy Easter kick you in the kiester! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER AV COMMUNITY!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sawdoggie
Rain Shower

Post by Sawdoggie »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:57 pm HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY CHRISTIAN!! :birthdaymulticolor: :cake:

I hope that you're enjoying your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)

Currently 48 here in G'ville and progged for around 30 Sat AM. Then a high near 60 later. :sunny:
Thanks Eric althrough I’m not turning 49 and gray until 7/4! I just looked and realized I had the day and month inverted in my profile!
Christian
Madeira by week, Ripley, OH by weekend
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KOHRIPLE5
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Let the nice week of weather begin! We should be close to 70 this afternoon. We should touch 80 towards the end of the week. Temps begin to drop this weekend as rain chances return.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:41 am Let the nice week of weather begin! We should be close to 70 this afternoon. We should touch 80 towards the end of the week. Temps begin to drop this weekend as rain chances return.
Good Morning Les and looks like a beautiful week and I agree by the weekend chances of rainfall will be on the rise. Next week we get another shot of colder air but usually this time of year its a 1-2 day shot unless we have an upper low that is nearby. I still expect an warmer than normal May and June this year and then if El Nino kicks in I believe the second half of the summer may be below normal in temps. Still a long ways and as we know things can change but so far Mother Nature seems to be showing some of her cards.

Been talking about what I believe will be a serious situation in the northern plains for flooding by May. Still many places have over a foot of snow on the ground and though for the season not the coldest ever but the amount of snow which is nearing records in some areas plus very cold that past month so very little melting. Staring to see some flooding in Montana but I expect over the next few weeks this will expand further east. Once the flooding starts we need to see if the central plains is getting much in the way of rainfall because the water from the northern plains and south central Canada will feed into the Mississippi River.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! It looks like the upper trough moves thru the Lakes early next week. 6Z GFS even tries to paint some flurries for me on Lake Erie... come on, give it a rest! :lol: Then we get a couple day warm up before a another front towards the end of next week. Hopefully I'll get half the trip in like last year. Ugh...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les enjoy the trip. I will be in SC next week to bring up half of my furniture and then one more trip in later June. The troughs heading into the next couple of months usually are strongest in the northeast. That is why you see backdoor cold fronts in April and May. How far southwest these troughs expand determine how much cold air with is in our area. Eastern Canada is usually the last place to warm up and that is why the northeast USA can be quite cool even into June.
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tpweather wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 am Les enjoy the trip. I will be in SC next week to bring up half of my furniture and then one more trip in later June. The troughs heading into the next couple of months usually are strongest in the northeast. That is why you see backdoor cold fronts in April and May. How far southwest these troughs expand determine how much cold air with is in our area. Eastern Canada is usually the last place to warm up and that is why the northeast USA can be quite cool even into June.
Hey Tim, also it's where these back door fronts can stall out and where the MCS's can form in the upper midwest and slide southeast along the fronts as we head in to May and June. I kind of look forward to those MCS's with the cooler air masses to our NE and the much warmer air masses to our SW.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:27 am Les enjoy the trip. I will be in SC next week to bring up half of my furniture and then one more trip in later June. The troughs heading into the next couple of months usually are strongest in the northeast. That is why you see backdoor cold fronts in April and May. How far southwest these troughs expand determine how much cold air with is in our area. Eastern Canada is usually the last place to warm up and that is why the northeast USA can be quite cool even into June.
Thanks Tim! Safe travels for you also. Not sure when I am leaving yet, will depend on the forecast once we get closer. Too bad the warmth isn't going to last. The fishing would explode if it were to continue.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

64 now at CVG.... a delightful day in progress. One of many nice days ahead of us this week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Currently 64 here in G'ville and progged for around 67 later this afternoon. :sunny:

:offtopic: Prayers and thoughts with this time, Louisville as this AM there was a mass shooting at the Old National Bank bldg not far from the Triple A Louisville Slugger Park and Waterfront Park. 5 killed and 8 injured. :cry: 2 of the injured are police officers and 1 of them is in critical condition. :cry: There was also another shooting outside of a community college in Louisville but the shooter fled.

I have a cousin named Keith whom he, his wife Rachel and their kids reside in Louisville. Also have some other cousins who reside in Jeffersonville, IN across the river from Louisville.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

As of 3:30pm, 68 at CVG now. Little wind... IMO we are good to go unless something changes precip wise until Sat. Front comes thru on Sun then we drop. Chilly early next week then we moderate a bit. Another strong front towards the end of next week as well. So get things done and relax for this week since there are a couple of systems in the works this weekend and next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

winterstormjoe wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:39 am
Hey Tim, also it's where these back door fronts can stall out and where the MCS's can form in the upper midwest and slide southeast along the fronts as we head in to May and June. I kind of look forward to those MCS's with the cooler air masses to our NE and the much warmer air masses to our SW.
Joe you are correct. These become more common in May and especially June and we get the ring of fire and if you are on the outer edges can get hit quite often with thunderstorms.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

36F3D0AF-6E0D-4CE3-B21F-AE064D9F89F0.gif
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Yuck at below normal for next week!

Savor the mild this week! :thumbupleft:

Progged for 72 up my way Tues. :sunny:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The above map Bgoney posted shows you how wonderful my luck is with fishing trips and weather. :lol: May even have a few flurries up there on Monday. :( For us... wonderful this week. Some rain chances sneak in by Fri (light), same with Sat with likely chances on Sun as the cold front moves thru. I think most folks S of I-70 are dry early next week with any shower or flurry chance N of I-70. That is kind of how I see things currently.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mid 60s out there currently. We should be able to see the mid 70s today and U70s Wed and Thurs. I am taking out the 80 degree call now due to clouds and possible light showers on Fri and Sat.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

68 here in G'ville and progged for 74 later. :sunny: