March 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: March 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

kywthrluvr wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:04 pm What a gloomy day! Haven’t checked in lately because my husband passed away on the 12th after being ill for a few months. Hoping at least the rain moves out before his memorial service tomorrow morning.
So sorry to hear about your husband. Never easy to say in words how sorry you are and if you need anything from your weather friends we are here.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:17 pm I think a half inch to an inch for most of AVland with the next round ,with only isolated 1.5” amounts mostly in the southern and Se parts
I agree and the only thing I see different is the higher totals will be southwest of here nearer the low itself. Still believe we will have localized totals in a short period that can hit the 2-3 inch range in a couple of hours and that has been the case earlier today. The good thing is the system will be moving quickly and that will help keep totals down somewhat. Before all said and done 2-4 looks good for both events and yes we could see a few locals can go higher like we saw last night and early this morning.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We all echo Tim's wonderful post, Leslie! :grouphug: We are all one big weather family here! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good evening all...

1.53" going into round 2 here. 44 current temp, dew of 43. Let's take a look at the meso analysis this evening on a Friday night. Crack open a beer on this soon to be rainy night. Tornado watches and warnings to the south in the usual places that have been getting hammered! A chaser's dream, but a local resident nightmare, Prayers for those impacted.

Locally, a heavy rain event as we expected on our great forum with our great team of forecasters. I wouldn't be who am I today without this forum and the people who post here. A quick thanks to all who come here! I don't think I say that enough. :lol:

Ok weather time now and a 1000 MB Low in AR is getting its act together. I think it moves NE across TN overnight. More overrunning moisture thus heavy rain is likely ahead of the warm front that causes temps to rise by morning. Then winds get cranking as the low passes, gusty showers... isolated severe SE? Then, things calm down by Sunday. Briefly. Winds Sat gusting to 50 with the advisory. I think my 3" rain call is on target.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Temps in Central KY south of the warm front are in the U50s to L60s. 40s here of course north of it. Thinking I-64 ish is the warm front's position as of this post.

HereSheComesPart2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Light rain has commenced again here and my gauge is starting to register rain again. :) High was 54 today which occurred at 12:10pm when we had the brief break. 44 / 42 currently. CVG as of 7pm, 1.39"
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:20 pm Good evening all...

1.53" going into round 2 here. 44 current temp, dew of 43. Let's take a look at the meso analysis this evening on a Friday night. Crack open a beer on this soon to be rainy night. Tornado watches and warnings to the south in the usual places that have been getting hammered! A chaser's dream, but a local resident nightmare, Prayers for those impacted.

Locally, a heavy rain event as we expected on our great forum with our great team of forecasters. I wouldn't be who am I today without this forum and the people who post here. A quick thanks to all who come here! I don't think I say that enough. :lol:

Ok weather time now and a 1000 MB Low in AR is getting its act together. I think it moves NE across TN overnight. More overrunning moisture thus heavy rain is likely ahead of the warm front that causes temps to rise by morning. Then winds get cranking as the low passes, gusty showers... isolated severe SE? Then, things calm down by Sunday. Briefly. Winds Sat gusting to 50 with the advisory. I think my 3" rain call is on target.
Great Post Les and like you said a great forum and some wonderful folks who love the weather. I was lucky to find a local weather forum years ago and has been part of my life ever since. I had never looked at a model until I joined a forum.

Sad but true but my daughter is in Gatlinburg,Tn this weekend and they have a high wind warning with gusts expected over 70mph. Beautiful day here in Greenville with temps in the low 80's and low humidity for this part of the country.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Les been watching the system today and since we have a low that is getting stronger I was tending to put the heaviest rains to the south and west tonight.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:30 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:20 pm Good evening all...

Great Post Les and like you said a great forum and some wonderful folks who love the weather. I was lucky to find a local weather forum years ago and has been part of my life ever since. I had never looked at a model until I joined a forum.

Sad but true but my daughter is in Gatlinburg,Tn this weekend and they have a high wind warning with gusts expected over 70mph. Beautiful day here in Greenville with temps in the low 80's and low humidity for this part of the country.
80s? Would have been a wonderful day for fishing. :lol: We are a little ways away from those kind of days here.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:31 pm Les been watching the system today and since we have a low that is getting stronger I was tending to put the heaviest rains to the south and west tonight.
700 MB frontogenic forcing.

7fnt_sf.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Light rain continues but the bigger show is heading towards the local area. Will there be any strong to severe storms and they look to stay south of the area but would not be surprised to hear some thunder overnight
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

kywthrluvr wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:04 pm What a gloomy day! Haven’t checked in lately because my husband passed away on the 12th after being ill for a few months. Hoping at least the rain moves out before his memorial service tomorrow morning.
So very sorry to hear, Leslie. :( Prayers and condolences with you and your family, Wxbuddy. :grouphug:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Moderate risk bust yesterday. However there was a long tracking supercell that produced a large tornado in MS as seen in the attached map. That thing was a beast! Other than that, not much to speak of in the MDT risk.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

General 2-3” for most with 4-5” in the pink/red areas.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and looks like the rain is over but a very windy day. Good news is we stayed away from the real heavy rain overnight but still a good soaking. Bad news is the severe weather in the south which killed 21 already. The energy down there kept us from getting any strong storms here but also kept rain totals down for us.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Trevor wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:26 am Moderate risk bust yesterday. However there was a long tracking supercell that produced a large tornado in MS as seen in the attached map. That thing was a beast! Other than that, not much to speak of in the MDT risk.
I don’t know Trev , I wouldn’t call that a bust at all. Those risk areas to me mean somewhere in that particular zone a strong tornado is likely and that is what happened. Just because a larger number didn’t happen I don’t think I’d call it a bust
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

2.52" at CVG as of 8am - event total so far.
2.67" - My hood

Looks like I'll miss the mark on my 3" call by a little bit. Still a decent system and now we get to deal with gusts to 50 mph all day today. Waaa Hooo! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Event total of 2.65" so far.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Event total 4.1"
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Event total of 4.03”
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome to see a couple of 4" amounts! I guess the call did good for some folks. :lol: I just had a nice 10 min downpour. My temp went from 63, sunny and windy to rain blowing sideways for 10 mins and a temp down to 55. Wind gusted to 45 mph. No hail.

Edit: Now it is sunny again lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

43 mph is the peak wind gust so far at CVG.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up 1.60" from overnight / Sat AM for a combo 2.88" since Tues. :)

Currently 52 with a gust of 47 mph here in G'ville.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

New peak gust at CVG to 48 mph.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page