March 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
BCW
Rain Shower

Re: March 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by BCW »

I don't know the MPH, but winds are hauling in Monroe.
MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

Howling in Batavia. Goodness.
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

What a crappy evening with high winds whipping around wrap-around showers. Gross 😆
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Was upgraded to High Wind Warning until 4am. Yippe. Moved the car and truck from under the tree. :) Winds picked up about 20 minutes ago.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

What an evening and the lights keep flickering.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Been in the upper 30s / low 40s all day here in G'ville and currently 41 with a N breeze at 6 mph. ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:26 pm What an evening and the lights keep flickering.
Same thing here. Hope we all keep our power.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HAPPY BIG 65TH SNOW PLOW MAN!! :birthdaymulticolor: :cake:

I hope that you've enjoyed your special day, Wxbuddy! 8-)

Looks like a window of 3/10 to around 3/25 or so you may be able to get another last of winter hurrah run with the truck blade! :snowman:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Looks like Tim's Greenville is or was under a SVR warning.

* Primary threats include...

A few tornadoes and a couple intense tornadoes possible

Scattered damaging winds likely with isolated significant gusts to 75 mph possible
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Down to 46 now. We should drop into the low to mid 30s by morning. A decent weekend is on tap. Awesome for Monday in the 70s then a cold front comes thru Mon night and we begin to drop for the remainder of the week. Next significant rain / snow maker is possible by next Friday.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Despite having been in the cold sector today and not having had any thunder, I'm always glad for precip as my gauge picked up 2.22". :)

Currently 34 with a gust of 35 mph here in G'ville.
mikeyp
Heavy Rain

Post by mikeyp »

37° and 13mph wind with gust of 28. Received 2.71” today.
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

2.95" today
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Here are the wind reports so far.
71 in Maysville and 70 in Chillicothe are they highest that I saw.

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=2 ... NUEMK542lI
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

It’s nice waking up to calmer conditions today! Lol
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

No doubt Trev... I've got a lot of timber to pick up this weekend. Glad the kids are here to help! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and of course plenty of sticks to pick up. Main item was the wind ripped some of the siding off on one side of the house along with ripping the downspout off and with a 2 story house that is a pain. Damaged to get fixed but of course not enough to get the insurance company involved. Glad we have several dry days but the problem will be finding a good roofing company that is not so busy after yesterday and that could be the problem. That side of the house is like a wind tunnel and I knew with the winds yesterday there was going to be a problem.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:29 am Good Morning and of course plenty of sticks to pick up. Main item was the wind ripped some of the siding off on one side of the house along with ripping the downspout off and with a 2 story house that is a pain. Damaged to get fixed but of course not enough to get the insurance company involved. Glad we have several dry days but the problem will be finding a good roofing company that is not so busy after yesterday and that could be the problem. That side of the house is like a wind tunnel and I knew with the winds yesterday there was going to be a problem.
Good morning Tim! I gotta check my place out too. Lot of large branches and limbs down so got to make sure they didn't take something down with 'em. :lol:

So the question going forward is with our next significant system Thurs night into Friday. Snow to rain then ending as some snow is my current thinking but we are still a ways off from storm evolution. Then the cold takes over and we may need to keep an eye on an all snow event with a southern slider around or just past mid month. Lots of interesting times ahead for us snow lovers hopefully. :thumbsup:

The MJO is back on the move and in Phase 7. Modeling still shows it getting into Phase 8 by March 7th then into Phase 1 potentially by mid March. -NAO and a -AO as well. I also believe the EPO goes negative too with the PNA rising to near neutral so the pattern will be active to go along with the shots of cold air.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

More daily rainfall records were set at all 3 climate sites.

Record Daily Maximum Rainfall was set at Dayton (2.70), Cincinnati (2.08), & Columbus (1.60) for the date 03/03.

Dayton: breaks the old record of 1.21 set in 1953.
Cincinnati: breaks the old record of 1.40 set in 1977.
Columbus: breaks the old record of 1.31 set in 2019.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

tron777 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:40 am
tpweather wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:29 am Good Morning and of course plenty of sticks to pick up. Main item was the wind ripped some of the siding off on one side of the house along with ripping the downspout off and with a 2 story house that is a pain. Damaged to get fixed but of course not enough to get the insurance company involved. Glad we have several dry days but the problem will be finding a good roofing company that is not so busy after yesterday and that could be the problem. That side of the house is like a wind tunnel and I knew with the winds yesterday there was going to be a problem.
Good morning Tim! I gotta check my place out too. Lot of large branches and limbs down so got to make sure they didn't take something down with 'em. :lol:

So the question going forward is with our next significant system Thurs night into Friday. Snow to rain then ending as some snow is my current thinking but we are still a ways off from storm evolution. Then the cold takes over and we may need to keep an eye on an all snow event with a southern slider around or just past mid month. Lots of interesting times ahead for us snow lovers hopefully. :thumbsup:

The MJO is back on the move and in Phase 7. Modeling still shows it getting into Phase 8 by March 7th then into Phase 1 potentially by mid March. -NAO and a -AO as well. I also believe the EPO goes negative too with the PNA rising to near neutral so the pattern will be active to go along with the shots of cold air.
sounds good but I will remain optimistic at this point. the next week is showing pretty close to average temps overall with possible rain/ snow mix late in the week . not seeing any wholesale changes unless it comes after next weekend.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

airwolf76 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:20 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:40 am

sounds good but I will remain optimistic at this point. the next week is showing pretty close to average temps overall with possible rain/ snow mix late in the week . not seeing any wholesale changes unless it comes after next weekend.
Towards the end of next week / next weekend is when the pattern starts to get established. Week after that looks very cold so we'll see how the snow chances stack up once we get closer.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

Two inches of rain here. Just some small twigs down in my yard. I have yet to drive around the area to see if anything bigger has come down.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

56 here this afternoon... not a bad day at all.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hi Tim,

So sorry to hear about your house damage, bro. :( Prayerfully can get it fixed without too much waiting time. :)

Ray St. Clair Roofing e.g. also does siding jobs and is a sponsor of the Reds. :thumbupleft:

I hope you and your family are doing well. :) My folks and I are hanging in there. :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.